Register now to remove this ad

Thread: so im up here in boston....

so im up here in boston....

And yea, man i got some good things and some bad things about this place. Good things, some people are nice, and the city is beautiful. Bad thing..... A lot of people up here are short tempered, traffic is horrible, and i hate driving up here. Which those last 2 go together. I was gonna go to fenway tomorrow for a tour, but tours are cancelled. I am trying to get tickets to monday's night game, but they seem sold out at the moment.
    Ain't no thiing, but a chicken wiing
    http://www.projectwasted.com/upload/.../kobe_dunk.jpg

Re: so im up here in boston....

I would not have tried to drive in the city. Just take the 'T' everywhere. Hope you find a way to get tickets.

That's what were doing tomorrow, but i don't think i can buy the tickets, and i ain't scalpin tickets, i don't have that much money on me

Major Leaguer

Nothing is worse that New York traffic. The last time I was in Boston there was like zero traffic in some parts. It was actually quite lovely.
    27 in '07 sounds better anyway

Rest in Peace Cory Lidle

Yeah, and for tickets, you can't get face value, but try stubhub.com or game-time scalpers.

im using Ebay right now.... any feedback on using Ebay?

Quote Originally Posted by god is a redsox FAN! View Post
    im using Ebay right now.... any feedback on using Ebay?
    I'm using ebay right now too, it seems to be better and cheaper than stubhub but i'm not really sure how reliable it is
    "Back to Foulke! Red Sox fans have longed to hear it! The BOSTON RED SOX ARE WORLD CHAMPIONS"!!! --joe buck

you going to the game too??? that makes me feel a lil better, this would be my first time going into enemy lines for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox fan in Tex View Post
    I would not have tried to drive in the city. Just take the 'T' everywhere. Hope you find a way to get tickets.
    Driving in the city is terrible. If you dont pay attention youll get lost. When I went to that sox yanks game a while ago, I completely spaced out and missed the exit on storrow drive. Then after that, when I was leaving after the game I nearly got in like 48498923874 crashes just trying to get from Fenway, to Storrow Drive, to 93 North.

Traffic in Boston is nothing Compared to traffic in New York, and I've spent time in both places(a lot more in NY though). You could be on the west side highway for like 3 hours. People argue about the best way to get places on a holiday weekend, and spend about 2 hours longer doing it. It is so crazy. I'd love to live in Boston.

1 4 8 9 27=HISTORY

"The other day they asked me about mandatory drug testing. I said I believed in drug testing a long time ago. All through the '60s I tested everything".-Bill "Spaceman" LEE
    PATS, BRUINS, CELTICS, SOX

im just saying like the roads to like peabody or salem is so confusing. There are so many weird turnabouts and stuff, nothing like my home in KY. I went to fenway today and i loved that place. Took a tour of the park and thought it was cool. I did see the one red seat, and went to the green monster and stuff. I didn't though like the actual outfield. Maybe it was because it was an off day, but i don't like the way the grass is mowed. May sound picky, but I am a grounds crew at our ballpark, so I notice things like that. I think it should just be straight lines in the field, and not the criss-cross pattern. I got me a paplebon T-shirt today also, and a piece of the green monster.

Yeah, NY traffic can be horrible, here its basically construction, rotatries, double-parking, and the occasional asshole. In NY it's just a parking lot and more than a few assholes.
    "Right now, somewhere in New York, an eight-year-old kid is wondering if the Yankees will win a championship in his lifetime" - (Updated version of) Bill Simmons