Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: INTELLIGENT Yankee fans!

Re: INTELLIGENT Yankee fans!

Quote Originally Posted by Sox fan in Tex View Post
    So far in 2006, Papelbon has been better than Rivera. Over the next five to ten years, Papelbon will be better than Rivera. How many people can take me seriously? Did you not know that a 0.00 ERA is better than a 3.38 ERA? I guess you also didn't realize that converting 9 out of 9 saves is far better than 2 out of 3. You're right, your boy, the 'greatest of all-time' has been so much better. :lol:

Our offense has produced enough runs to win games. Do you think over the course of the season, that the Yankees will have the better offense? Our "O" is a downgrade from last year (in order to improve pitching and defense) and it will still be better than New York's. Yeah, your offense has been FANTASTIC! After all, they put up enough runs to win series' against Oakland, Anaheim, Minnesota and Toronto, right? :lol:
    rivera ERA is actually 4.91 after tonight :lol: lets not forget his WHIP of 1.64 and oponants batting 333

Quote Originally Posted by Sox fan in Tex View Post
    So far in 2006, Papelbon has been better than Rivera. Over the next five to ten years, Papelbon will be better than Rivera. How many people can take me seriously? Did you not know that a 0.00 ERA is better than a 3.38 ERA? I guess you also didn't realize that converting 9 out of 9 saves is far better than 2 out of 3. You're right, your boy, the 'greatest of all-time' has been so much better. :lol:

Our offense has produced enough runs to win games. Do you think over the course of the season, that the Yankees will have the better offense? Our "O" is a downgrade from last year (in order to improve pitching and defense) and it will still be better than New York's. Yeah, your offense has been FANTASTIC! After all, they put up enough runs to win series' against Oakland, Anaheim, Minnesota and Toronto, right? :lol:
    Your point was that Paps was better than Rivera currently. He has put up better numbers, but who'd you take for the long haul this yr? You'd be an idiot and a homer if you'd say papelbon. Your O will be better than the yankees? Well they better catch up, cause they have scored 18 less runs than us and have played 2 more games. Good work there, nice speculation....
    1.0 back

Major Leaguer

I takes Paps he's younger and isn't "losing" it like most of the Yankees.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407
    some of cant drink and some wont. i cant drink and wont usually designated driver. plus if you are in the FBI you cant drink period.
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter
    I withdraw my challenge to all of our members who work for the FBI.

Quote Originally Posted by kreinbihl34 View Post
    I takes Paps he's younger and isn't "losing" it like most of the Yankees.
    man you guys are funny. Mo is going to have a much better yr overall than the flash in the pan will...
    1.0 back

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by TheRivernator View Post
    man you guys are funny. Mo is going to have a much better yr overall than the flash in the pan will...
    And at one time, Mo himself was "flash in the pan". The changing of the guard always happens eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat View Post
    And at one time, Mo himself was "flash in the pan". The changing of the guard always happens eventually.
    and sox fans have been trying to predict the changing of the guard for the past 3-4 yrs. Face it, Mo still has his great stuff, he'll be dominant once again...
    1.0 back

This is my rifle....

and sox fans have been trying to predict the changing of the guard for the past 3-4 yrs. Face it, Mo still has his great stuff, he'll be dominant once again...
    Face it, Papelbon has great stuff, he'll be dominant all season long....

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks View Post
    Well hey, that's the whole point. People are taking this WAY too seriously. It's not like Sox Fan In Tex is ignorant to the point that he really thinks they suck. Anyone with a brain knows the Yankees don't suck and compete year in and year out.
    Whenever Yankee fans would do that stuff, you guys would get all over us. We earned the reputation in Red Sox Nation as ignorant, unintelligent, and stupid for the exact same things you're encouraging SfiT to do to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sox fan in Tex
    Over the next five to ten years, Papelbon will be better than Rivera.
    Well according to the Papelbon's future thread I started, everybody says Paps will be in the rotation. So five years from now it wont be fair to compare a starter and a closer, who might possibly be retired at that point.

Major Leaguer

I think your alittle mad that this is really it. Mo is steping down as an elite closer. You can't accept it but its alight maybe seeing it will help you through.
    Quote Originally Posted by bsox0407
    some of cant drink and some wont. i cant drink and wont usually designated driver. plus if you are in the FBI you cant drink period.
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter
    I withdraw my challenge to all of our members who work for the FBI.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6 View Post
    Whenever Yankee fans would do that stuff, you guys would get all over us. We earned the reputation in Red Sox Nation as ignorant, unintelligent, and stupid for the exact same things you're encouraging SfiT to do to us.
    Well, that was during the pre-2004 era when basically the whole Yankee fan base was made up of idiots who couldn't tell the difference between Don Zimmer and Babe Ruth. While there was still that percentage of fans that knew stuff (like you, along with the other Yankee fans on this site), the typical Yankee fan, whether you like to believe it or not, knew jack shit about the game or the real history. They only knew the numbers 1918 and 26 and resorted to those numbers in discussions about baseball when they knew they were too stupid to say anything else.

My point is, you're not getting shit right now from a bunch of fans who know nothing about baseball.

Super Moderator

Well according to the Papelbon's future thread I started, everybody says Paps will be in the rotation. So five years from now it wont be fair to compare a starter and a closer, who might possibly be retired at that point.
    I agree with that statement. If Papelbon becomes a starter, there's no point in comparing the two.

there is absolutely no point in comparing the two right now either. Rivera has 4 championship rings and is the best closer in the history of the game. Paps is 9 saves into his career, it is a stupid comparison....
    1.0 back

This is my rifle....

there is absolutely no point in comparing the two right now either. Rivera has 4 championship rings and is the best closer in the history of the game. Paps is 9 saves into his career, it is a stupid comparison....
    But the comparison was made to right now. Willie Harris is better than Babe Ruth, RIGHT NOW. Nobody was comparing their careers.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by kreinbihl34 View Post
    I think your alittle mad that this is really it. Mo is steping down as an elite closer. You can't accept it but its alight maybe seeing it will help you through.
    You guys said the same thing last year when he blew his first two save opportunities of the year. He went on to have the best year of his career. I cant see a rapid decline such as that occuring. Going from your career year to being washed up.

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat
    But the comparison was made to right now. Willie Harris is better than Babe Ruth, RIGHT NOW. Nobody was comparing their careers.
    Fair point. But will we still be saying Papelbon is better "right now" say a month or 6 weeks from now. I doubt it, but possibly. That is enough time to see PApelbon have his breakdown, which is bound to happen, and see Mo hop back atop the horse.

This is my rifle....

Fair point. But will we still be saying Papelbon is better "right now" say a month or 6 weeks from now. I doubt it, but possibly. That is enough time to see PApelbon have his breakdown, which is bound to happen, and see Mo hop back atop the horse.
    I certainly agree it's too early to tell, just like it's too early to call Papelbon a "flash in the pan". Especially given his prospect hype and stretch-run performance from last year. Riv called him a flash in the pan, that got my attention, so I responded. I was hoping to stay clear of this thread.