Register now to remove this ad

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Your ELITE NYY:

Re: Your ELITE NYY:

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;195804;
    Clippard might, but Hughes doesn't. He's really a demigod, not many people know that.
    :lol: Your right, I read some where that PECOTA projected Hughes to have an ERA in the high 3's if he started right out of A ball this year. Alot of people like Homer Bailey just because his stuff might be a tick better but no one in the minors has the combo of stuff and control like this guy has.
    Gabe Kapler is full of heart and determination:
    http://nomaas.org/images/kaplerftl.gif
    :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderTheGreat13;195818;
    :lol: Your right, I read some where that PECOTA projected Hughes to have an ERA in the high 3's if he started right out of A ball this year. Alot of people like Homer Bailey just because his stuff might be a tick better but no one in the minors has the combo of stuff and control like this guy has.
    They should start him in '07. He's not going to be "ruined." To be ruined, you have to fail, and I don't think Hughes is capable of failing.

Seriously, even if he did struggle, he'd probably be AT LEAST a league average pitcher right off the bat.
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;195825;
    They should start him in '07. He's not going to be "ruined." To be ruined, you have to fail, and I don't think Hughes is capable of failing.

Seriously, even if he did struggle, he'd probably be AT LEAST a league average pitcher right off the bat.
    Agreed, it would also save the Yankees money(I cant believe I said that). I still think the Yankees are going to go after a player like Matsuzaka. They dont like to depend on rookies unless they have to (like Cano, Wang and Melky) although Hughes isnt the normal rookie. I knew Hughes would be great this year it was only a matter of him getting his innings in and staying healthy and he did it and dominated at the sametime. The kid has yet to have a WHIP higher then 1 on any level. Amazing.

Evil Emperor

I meant to get down to Trenton sometime during the season to see him pitch . Hopefully next year i'll see him. I'll have to take a trip up to Rochester or Buffalo, or maybe even Pawtucket or Scranton (the closer of the bunch) or something when the Clippers are visiting one of those cities.

Major Leaguer

I meant to get down to Trenton sometime during the season to see him pitch
    Get to it, the kid is incredible. Made me trek all the way to Joisey lol.
    Shit I need a new siggy.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderTheGreat13;195833;
    Agreed, it would also save the Yankees money(I cant believe I said that). I still think the Yankees are going to go after a player like Matsuzaka. They dont like to depend on rookies unless they have to (like Cano, Wang and Melky) although Hughes isnt the normal rookie. I knew Hughes would be great this year it was only a matter of him getting his innings in and staying healthy and he did it and dominated at the sametime. The kid has yet to have a WHIP higher then 1 on any level. Amazing.
    the yankees go after every player of value. if they get 'em its a win. if they drive up the price for another team its still a win.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;195825 View Post

I disagree. I think he needs another year in the minors to get used to going longer into games. He was on a short leash all year, and it wouldn't be fair to expect him to give you length and effectiveness on the Major League level coming off of his leash from last year. I think he needs at least 2 months in Triple A next year.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;196995;
    I disagree. I think he needs another year in the minors to get used to going longer into games. He was on a short leash all year, and it wouldn't be fair to expect him to give you length and effectiveness on the Major League level coming off of his leash from last year. I think he needs at least 2 months in Triple A next year.
    I think Hughes could handel it. For comparisons sake I looked up Justin Verlander's innings log and he never threw over 116 innings and that happend when he was in college. That said I still think they should moniter his innings next season and make sure he doesnt go to far over his high this season. Kinda like what the Mariners are doing with King Felix. He have skipped him a couple of times to limit his innings load.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6;196995;
    You don't think he could toss six innings per start?
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows;197154 View Post
    You don't think he could toss six innings per start?
    I'm sure he could, but I wouldnt want to take the chance of the bullpen maybe being worn out and there being no fresh arms and him maybe having to go 7 or 8 when he isn't accustomed to it.

idk, just being cautious.