Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Get Lost, 26 to 6!

Re: Get Lost, 26 to 6!

I bet it's killing him that the one Rockie discussion we have on this board comes directly after he's banned.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Haha, I hadnt even thought of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Exactly. Helton, Hawpe, Atkins...they have hitters.

Interesting note about today: Only the second 1-0 game in Coors history...and the first won by an opponent.

And I agree, Francis needs to prove himself. Their bullpen isnt even THAT bad, near the late innings. Its the middle relief that needs to be worked on.

I have high hopes for them this year, because it seems the other teams in the league are going to struggle.
    Yeah, they went into Petco Park and put up about 30 runs in a 3 game series, so the team can definetely score runs. Fun team to watch, too. I got to see opening day for 'em.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

I.., love, l,olol, ,., the rucki..es wihjhiffin. williee. moe sucks.. go BRons. o.n....
    1.0 back

I love this forum. At least half the threads are calling out someone.:lol:
    I AIN'T AFRAID NO MORE
    AFTER A WHILE YOUR YOUR CHEAP TALK DON'T EVERN CAUSE ME PAIN
    SO LET YOUR BULLETS FLY LIKE RAIN
    http://www.nbc11.com/entertainment/9811309/detail.html

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox34 View Post
    I rest my case.
    That was the funniest thing I've seen all day. Resting your case when you haven't made one, that is good.
    I AIN'T AFRAID NO MORE
    AFTER A WHILE YOUR YOUR CHEAP TALK DON'T EVERN CAUSE ME PAIN
    SO LET YOUR BULLETS FLY LIKE RAIN
    http://www.nbc11.com/entertainment/9811309/detail.html

Yeah, this site owns.
    2007 World Series Champs
    Quote Originally Posted by rician blast;306386;
    Regardless of Ellsbury being, as you put it, the "pride enjoy" and the FO being "prowd" of Buch...

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I would love the Rockies to become a winning team, a real possibility in a division with the likes of the Dodgers, Giants, Padres and Diamondbacks.

:lol:
    yeah. I'm not gonna lie, I've watched the Rockies from a far the last few years (as I did with the Expos before they moved) hoping they would get better. I like watching shitty teams in hopes of seeing them win. Sounds kinda weird coming from a Yankee fan, but I like rooting for the underdog (except when the Yanks are playing, of coarse).

Quote Originally Posted by See Red
    Denver fans would show up and support this team and they'd be near the top of the league in attendance and could afford to field a winning team.
    The Rockies, being an attendance leader? That I would have to see to even IMAGINE.

Super Moderator

OK 26, I've always had this weird annoyance when you type "Of coarse." In this context, it's spelled "course." With a U.

"Coarse" is an adjective that goes with the likes of rough, crude, those textural adjectives. Also, composed of many smaller particles. "Coarse sand" is a good example of that.

So, "of course" is the correct spelling. Not "of coarse." Sorry, it annoyed me when I read it every time. Hahahaa :lol:

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6 View Post
    The Rockies, being an attendance leader? That I would have to see to even IMAGINE.
    See Red's right. My uncle lives in Denver and that is one mad, crazy sports town. They get into any team that is playing well. They were first in the NL in attendance their first 7 years. The first two I'm sure were due to the novelty of having an MLB club in town, but then they had a decent team for a few years and they filled the seats.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat View Post
    See Red's right. My uncle lives in Denver and that is one mad, crazy sports town. They get into any team that is playing well. They were first in the NL in attendance their first 7 years. The first two I'm sure were due to the novelty of having an MLB club in town, but then they had a decent team for a few years and they filled the seats.
    Really? idk, just after the past few years it'd be hard to imagine. However, i'll take your words for it.

And yeah, i realize they led in attendance at one point, but like you said, the fact that they were an new expansion team is the reason behind that.

Legend

The first year of Coors Field, they sold out every single game.

To back what One Red Seat said, the Avalanche, until this year, had a streak of over 400 straight sellouts, which was the longest active streak in professional sports. It'd probably still be going if not for interest lost with the lockout.

The Broncos are always top 5 in attendance (but that has to do more with stadium capacity in the NFL, but the Broncos are always at 100% capacity)

In 2002, the Rockies were 9th in the MLB in total attendance. They were 70-92 that season. In 2001, they were 5th. They finished that year 63-79. It's recently started to tale off because they've been so bad for so long. But if they got good again, and made the playoffs one year, I guarentee they'd be top 3 in attendance the next year.

The Colorado Mammoth of the NLL also average about 17,000 people per game -- this for an indoor lacrosse league.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by See Red View Post
    The first year of Coors Field, they sold out every single game.

To back what One Red Seat said, the Avalanche, until this year, had a streak of over 400 straight sellouts, which was the longest active streak in professional sports. It'd probably still be going if not for interest lost with the lockout.

The Broncos are always top 5 in attendance (but that has to do more with stadium capacity in the NFL, but the Broncos are always at 100% capacity)

In 2002, the Rockies were 9th in the MLB in total attendance. They were 70-92 that season. In 2001, they were 5th. They finished that year 63-79. It's recently started to tale off because they've been so bad for so long. But if they got good again, and made the playoffs one year, I guarentee they'd be top 3 in attendance the next year.

The Colorado Mammoth of the NLL also average about 17,000 people per game -- this for an indoor lacrosse league.
    Nevermind then guys. :lol:

I had Denver all wrong. I figured they were just into skiing and sipping hot chocolate or something lol, didnt realize they were that into sports up there. Even the Long Island Lizards dont average 17,000 for Lacrosse games.

Evil Emperor

Nevermind then guys. :lol:

I had Denver all wrong. I figured they were just into skiing and sipping hot chocolate or something lol, didnt realize they were that into sports up there. Even the Long Island Lizards dont average 17,000 for Lacrosse games.
    But of the Rockies drew all of these fans for so many years, how come they never had enough money to put a legitimate contender out there. Like a real playoff team.

Legend

But of the Rockies drew all of these fans for so many years, how come they never had enough money to put a legitimate contender out there. Like a real playoff team.
    I'm going to assume the Monforts (the owners of the team) have been cheap and don't want to put the money out. I don't know how it compared to other teams around the league, but their 1995 payroll was about $35 mill, I know the Braves payroll that year wasn't too much more, and they won the World Series. Interestingly enough, the Rockies have always done exceptionally well at home, but have been atrocious on the road, which makes me think it's because they don't know HOW to put together a contender or that they simply can't.

The fact that they store game balls in a humidor now, limiting the effect of the high altitude, might help to change that, though.

The 1995 team, though, was a legitimate contender. Galaragga, Bichette, Larry Walker, Joe Girardi and Castilla ripping the cover off of the ball and they also had the best (or one of the best) bullpens in the league. The World Series Champion Braves said the Rockies were the toughest team they played in the playoffs(or so I've been told). The Rockies had a lead in every game.