Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: April 11th Roy-holes at Yankees

Re: April 11th Roy-holes at Yankees

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat View Post
    The 2-0 to ARod was the same place as the 0-0. One's a strike, the other's a ball. MLB umps suck. I don't care if your zone is a little non-textbook, but at least be fucking consistent.
    This could not have been more evident in the at bat prior to the royals scoring their third run. 2-2 count, nice sinker by wang hits the inside corner and gets called a ball. It was a stellar pitch. Unfortunately, Wang never recovered and gave up the lead...
    1.0 back

This is my rifle....

I missed since I switched on the Sox game, but it doesn't surprise me.

3 fucking plays, THREE FUCKING PLAYS!!!! These umpires should be fucking hung by their nutsacks....
    1.0 back

Let me just say, whoever approved that sign in left field needs to be fired.
    When we are born, we cry, that we are come
    To this great stage of fools.

what a surprise making excuses again

Sturtze comes in and gives up a 2 run jack to Shane Costa.

Nice.

Followed by a ground rule double from Mark Grudzielanek (sp?).
    "What happened to me should teach everybody that you should never give up on anybody." - David Ortiz

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules View Post
    what a surprise making excuses again
    It is more of an indictment on the system. Granted, we should be up by 5 right now based on talent alone, but 3 controversial calls occured and 2 killed us. The Royals first run was scored by Minky after he was out at second advancing on a wild pitch. He was called safe. Then, when the royals were down 4-2, they scored 2 more with 2 outs after Teahan should have been called out on strikes on a pitch that was later called for the rest of the game. That is 3 runs that the umps owe us...
    1.0 back

Quote Originally Posted by TheRivernator View Post
    It is more of an indictment on the system. Granted, we should be up by 5 right now based on talent alone, but 3 controversial calls occured and 2 killed us. The Royals first run was scored by Minky after he was out at second advancing on a wild pitch. He was called safe. Then, when the royals were down 4-2, they scored 2 more with 2 outs after Teahan should have been called out on strikes on a pitch that was later called for the rest of the game. That is 3 runs that the umps owe us...
    In other words, YAnkees suck
    "Knicks suck, Jets suck, Yankees suck"

-Peter Griffin, talking to a New Yorker

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by TheRivernator View Post
    Bad calls in the field I'll give you, but both teams have to deal with inconsistent strike zones. Hell, the only thing the umps have consistently done this year is be inconsistent with balls and strikes.

Was it the umps fault Arod was not ready on that line drive and because of that the Royals are now up 7-4?
    "What happened to me should teach everybody that you should never give up on anybody." - David Ortiz

Derek Jeter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 - 7 Yankees

wow, Derek Jeter comes up fucking HUGE!!!!!!!!!
    1.0 back

he killed that ball
    Gabe Kapler is full of heart and determination:
    http://nomaas.org/images/kaplerftl.gif
    :lol:

Ouch. That looked painful.

Evil Emperor

Good stuff! I was worried after we blew the initial lead, however Big, Bad Bernie and El Capitan come through big for us. And then of coarse Mo get sit done (although I was on the edge of my seat after Sweeney got hit and there were 2 runners on with 1 out).

Also, I love YES' new on-field coverage. Thats something we've never really seen before, but John Flaherty works good in that role. And Jeter seems to like him a lot too :lol:

Lets get a 3 game winning streak going!