Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 4/4/06 Yankees vs A's

This is my rifle....

Re: 4/4/06 Yankees vs A's

The Proctologist picks up where he left off last year.

www.soxprospects.com

And the Yankees lose oooooooooooooooooooooo the Yankees lose

Fenway Resident

Man little Marco Scutaro with the walkoff win. Goes to show that indeed pitching & solid D can stop this lineup. It was helped by another un-clutch Arod moment with 2 men on and he grounds out to end the inning
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Quote Originally Posted by riverside sluggers View Post
    Man little Marco Scutaro with the walkoff win. Goes to show that indeed pitching & solid D can stop this lineup. It was helped by another un-clutch Arod moment with 2 men on and he grounds out to end the inning
    My god Joe Torre is still clueless after all these yrs. How Scot Proctor is used before everyone else in that pen is beyond me. He just watched his daughter nearly die for god sakes, he sure as hell isnt in game mood. 0-1 on the season in Torre controversial moves, it will be sure to climb to about 5-20 by the end. We lost way too many games that were handed to us last yr because Joe was a friggin idiot. Looks like 2005 all over again....
    1.0 back

What was Proctor doing in that game?

He hasn't pitched in some time and Joe throws him into a situation with the game on the line? You have to be kidding me.

They need Dotel in the Pen.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

www.soxprospects.com

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    What was Proctor doing in that game?

He hasn't pitched in some time and Joe throws him into a situation with the game on the line? You have to be kidding me.
    With Small hurt and I believe Sturtze is as well does Joe really have that many options to go to?

Quote Originally Posted by jsinger121 View Post
    With Small hurt and I believe Sturtze is as well does Joe really have that many options to go to?
    Sturtze isnt hurt. He pitched on Monday. You would think Joe has figured out Proctor sucks but I guess not.
    Gabe Kapler is full of heart and determination:
    http://nomaas.org/images/kaplerftl.gif
    :lol:

Villone probably could have gone in and I don't see why Farnsworth couldn't have gotten another few outs.

You would think Joe has figured out Proctor sucks but I guess not.
    Proctor had a pretty good spring (granted it was spring training, but it was still enough to impress the Yankees.) I'm willing to give Proctor a break considering he hadn't pitched in a week, and in that week he had to watch as his daughter went from very ill to under the knife (heart surgery, I believe.)

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
    Villone probably could have gone in and I don't see why Farnsworth couldn't have gotten another few outs.

Proctor had a pretty good spring (granted it was spring training, but it was still enough to impress the Yankees.) I'm willing to give Proctor a break considering he hadn't pitched in a week, and in that week he had to watch as his daughter went from very ill to under the knife (heart surgery, I believe.)
    Proctor always has a good spring. I know we needed to see what he could do for us, but did we need to thrust him into a 3-3 game in the bottom of the 9th? I dont think so. Villone, Sturtze, and even Farns would have been better bets for the 9th. Proctor is nothing but a AAAA player....
    1.0 back

Evil Emperor

And the Yankees lose oooooooooooooooooooooo the Yankees lose
    Hey, mind tellin' me what the Red Sox did yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Optimist
    I don't see why Farnsworth couldn't have gotten another few outs.
    I agree.
    I'm not too crazy about the deciscion to bring Proctor in, btu im not going to go crazy either, I understand it. Joe is trying to give this kid with sooooo much potential the opprotunity to succeed in a big spot. He didnt do it. Simple.

But yea, i'm sure Farnsworth could have thrown another inning or even Mo could have came in. I understand that he might have wanted to save him for when the Yankees took the lead, but winning is what matters.