Register now to remove this ad

Thread: College World Series

All-Star

College World Series

I'm a big fan of college football and I have recently started to watch college baseball and I was just wondering if anyone knew how the College World Series works.? Like how does a team get into the College World Series tournament.? Is it based on who has the best record during the season or is there like a tournament to see who gets in.? If so how do teams get into that?. I know it's alot of questions but I just wanted to know how it all worked at the College baseball level.
    1903,1912,1915,1916,2004,2007 World Series Champions

Evil Emperor

Re: College World Series

Conference Tournament winners play in Regional Tournaments. Winners of those play in Super Regionals. WInners of those advance to the World Series.

I enjoy College Baseball as well, and wish it got more media attention/exposure. Maybe after the NCAA Basketball Tourney the college sports stations (CSTV, ESPNU) will start to show some Baseball.

This is my rifle....

Sun Sports TV, a regional cable network down here in Florida, has been showing UF, FSU, and Miami games on the weekend ever since the season began.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat View Post
    Sun Sports TV, a regional cable network down here in Florida, has been showing UF, FSU, and Miami games on the weekend ever since the season began.
    Yea i've been watching.

All-Star

I'm still kinda confused like is it the top 2 teams in each conference that go to regionals to play the off against each other or are the regionals in bracket format too and the winners go on the the College World series. Sorry im kinda slow.
    1903,1912,1915,1916,2004,2007 World Series Champions