Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Book alleges Sheffield injected testosterone, HGH

Re: Book alleges Sheffield injected testosterone, HGH

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzlin22 View Post
    You can't do that though.

You can't boot a guy just because he's about to break a record when you still have guys out there who have tested positive or admitted to taking steroids (i.e Giambi) still in the game.

You can't single him out jsu because he's making a run at a record.

I had cold pizza on in the background this am and they were discussing this. They made a pretty good argument for getting Bonds and possibly Sheff out of the game. Raffy falls under the steroid policy because he tested positive. However, with all the new evidence that has come out and been made public. (the majority being the evidence from the government that had been collected). There is also a chance that the government could come in and prosecute bonds and sheff for perjury--if that happened if would give selig a clear way to ban them!
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by mtbykr View Post
    They made a pretty good argument for getting Bonds and possibly Sheff out of the game. Raffy falls under the steroid policy because he tested positive.
    Raffy was forced to quit because no one wanted him. The Giants will do what they have done this entire time. Ignor ethe problem.
    "These guys need to make a descision right now, are they gonna be winners? Or are they gonna be like Alex Rodriguez?" -Dickie V during Pitt vs. Uconn

They weren't banned by baseball, so there isn't much you can do. If Sheffield really did inject, he lost all credibility in my book. You all know I gave him the benefit of the doubt after reading the October 2004 SI Article, but if he did that I can't excuse him. I at least hope that he hasn't been doing this crap in the Bronx, but who knows.

That said he still is on my team, and I want him to do well. If he went Giambi's route (I fucked up, I'm sorry, and I won't do it again) then I'd be more apt to accept him. But I think Sheff's ego is way too big to do that.
    9-11-01 FDNYPD We will not forget.
    Just because it's a rivalry doesn't mean you need to make retarded arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by ARod2212 View Post
    They weren't banned by baseball, so there isn't much you can do.
    That's my entire argument summe dup right there. You can't single Bonds out because he's trying to break a record while people who have tested positive or admitted to taking them are still in the game.
    "These guys need to make a descision right now, are they gonna be winners? Or are they gonna be like Alex Rodriguez?" -Dickie V during Pitt vs. Uconn

Quote Originally Posted by mtbykr View Post
    I had cold pizza on in the background this am and they were discussing this. They made a pretty good argument for getting Bonds and possibly Sheff out of the game. Raffy falls under the steroid policy because he tested positive. However, with all the new evidence that has come out and been made public. (the majority being the evidence from the government that had been collected). There is also a chance that the government could come in and prosecute bonds and sheff for perjury--if that happened if would give selig a clear way to ban them!
    I just finished the book...it's relativley interesting at parts, but more or less what everyone already knew. I guess it's what I expected. I had to read it, though, just cause I hate Bonds so freaking much. (No Barry, not because you're black...)

Oh, and I'm sorry you had to have Cold Pizza on in the background today...besides "The Magic Hour" and "Phenom" I'd say it's one of the worst shows of all time. Woody Paige and Skip Bayless make me want to put syringes into my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by HeadOfSoxNation View Post
    I just finished the book...it's relativley interesting at parts, but more or less what everyone already knew. I guess it's what I expected. I had to read it, though, just cause I hate Bonds so freaking much. (No Barry, not because you're black...)

Oh, and I'm sorry you had to have Cold Pizza on in the background today...besides "The Magic Hour" and "Phenom" I'd say it's one of the worst shows of all time. Woody Paige and Skip Bayless make me want to put syringes into my eyes.

Well i work from home so i usually keep something on while at the computer. NESN or FSNE didn't have anything so i threw that on. I am not local anymore so NESN and FSNE are the extent of my local influence unless i listen to WEEI online. Anyway cold pizza is pretty useless 99% of the time, but i was hoping to catch some AV stuff---of course they would rather show 2 hours of bracketology:wtf:

Anyway my point about raffy was that MLB suspended him, and then after that no one wanted him. MLB suspended him as part of the roids policy, they can't do that to sheff and bonds becuase they didn't test positive. However they could ban them for what they believe to be in the best interest of the game. I don't know what info they have on Giambi, however the info sheff and bonds is pretty damning and is coming from a credible source---so while they have not tested positive, they still have done damage to the game. That was the argument that cold pizza was making!
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by See Red View Post
    What a shocker! Never saw this one coming!

I expect all of you Yankees fans that ripped Bonds apart after these very same sources told of his usage to do the same to Sheffield.
    you're right. I mean, there isnt any proof, but there is a reliable source. However, they could be wrong, and hopefully they are. I doubt it, but possible.

Im not happy that one of our players was using, but he's not now, and probably never did as a Yankee, and thats what matters right now.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6 View Post
    you're right. I mean, there isnt any proof, but there is a reliable source. However, they could be wrong, and hopefully they are. I doubt it, but possible.

Im not happy that one of our players was using, but he's not now, and probably never did as a Yankee, and thats what matters right now.
    are you referencing Sheff or Giambi with this? Just wondering becuase this book also says that Giambi never took roids as part of the A's, didn't start until he was signed by the yankers!

Quote Originally Posted by MC Hammer View Post
    I can't say I'm surprised by this at all.

same.
    1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007 World Champions

This is my rifle....

Yankee fan's guide to rationalizing Sheff and Giambi

1. "It wasn't illegal at the time" -- Verdict: Proven false by ESPN article showing the labor agreement from 1991.
    2. "They didn't know they were using" -- Verdict: Proven false by Game of Shadows.
    3. "They didn't do it as Yankee." -- Verdict: Undetermined?

Care to bet how that last one turns out?

EDIT: Stupid typos.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat View Post

1. "It wasn't illegal at the time" -- Verdict: Proven false by ESPN article showing the labor agreement from 1991.
    2. "They didn't know they were using" -- Verdict: Proven false by Game of Shadows.

ORS, I wasnt rationalizing ANYTHING. In no way was I trying to rationalize it. I just dont believe he did as a Yankee. Last year we had testing. He didnt test positive. And with all of the speculation going around in 2004 I doubt he would be stupid enough to do it then too. And dont forget we did have a tetsing policy in 2004, however flawed it was.

Quote Originally Posted by mtbykr
    are you referencing Sheff or Giambi with this? Just wondering becuase this book also says that Giambi never took roids as part of the A's, didn't start until he was signed by the yankers!
    I was reffering to Sheff.

Didnt Giambi admit that he started using while in Oakland? I know he didnt hook up with Greg Anderson until he signed with the Yankees (that winter), but he definately was using while in Oakland.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat View Post

I didnt see the article with the labor agreement of '91. Do you have a link? Sounds interesting.

And Game of Shadows hasnt PROVEN anything. Although it is a reliable source and all of us here believe it, it is far from proven.

I didnt see the article with the labor agreement of '91. Do you have a link? Sounds interesting.

And Game of Shadows hasnt PROVEN anything. Although it is a reliable source and all of us here believe it, it is far from proven.

What exactly is needed for proof then? These are all confirmed sources form the government, and testimony given under oath during the balco scandal! In regard to Giambi, on Cold Pizza this AM they were referencing the book and said that apparently Giambi really got rolling on the roids that winder becuase his dad was such a fan of the game and a perfectionist--he wanted to do well for him!

ORS, I wasnt rationalizing ANYTHING. In no way was I trying to rationalize it. I just dont believe he did as a Yankee. Last year we had testing. He didnt test positive. And with all of the speculation going around in 2004 I doubt he would be stupid enough to do it then too. And dont forget we did have a tetsing policy in 2004, however flawed it was..
    I don't believe that they test for HGH, so he could still be taking it, and from the signs of his Roid Rage in Fenway's RF last year, he probably is.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Power, Pride, Pinstripes

Sheff's a roid junkie. period. I have little patience for cheaters, even if they wearinf the stripes. Kick him out of baseball, and drag Giambi too