Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We got a blue jay down! (hopefully)

Evil Emperor

Re: We got a blue jay down! (hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by Anuj09 View Post
    i dont really like the blue jays b/c of what Lyle Overbay said a while ago, that the soxs should have made bertter moves
    i just thought it was mad funny cause they paid 55 million for a guy who isnt 100% healthy

and about whoever your talking about.... did i miss somethin bfore i signed up ?
    So because he came out for precautionary reasons he's not 100%? I mean, we dont even know if this will effect him at all this year.

Fenway Resident

this is not about the blue jays but the devil rays. Closer Shinji Mori from Japan is already out for the season

Rotoworld: Rays reliever Shinji Mori has a torn labrum in his right shoulder and will miss the season.
    Now it's unclear whether the actually dislocated his shoulder, though Mori said he felt like he did. He also believes that today's injury was completely new and unrelated to his previous soreness. "It's two totally different things," he said through a translator. "There was nothing wrong until I got injured." With Mori out, the Rays are left with Chad Orvella and Dan Miceli as candidates to close.
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

I'm not worried too much about Burnett, but it wouldn't hurt to have him hurt. Halladay is who scares me, we lost to them without him and they added offense.
    "Right now, somewhere in New York, an eight-year-old kid is wondering if the Yankees will win a championship in his lifetime" - (Updated version of) Bill Simmons

Super Moderator

A Blue Jay down? Hopefully? That's one of the most tool-ish things I've heard. But Yeszir already made the reference.

THis another crap thread, that belongs in that forum.

Major Leaguer

The Blue Jays organization was probably having a heart attack when they found out burnet was injured and right when they were thinking about killing themself they find out burnett will be fine.
    but I hope he is a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Anuj09 View Post
    what a great way to spend 55 million

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=260318114

Burnett may be injured
    i am lmao looks like we found our Carl Pavano of the year
    :thumbsup:
    1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007 World Champions

All-Star

i think it's pretty pathetic when people are happy someone is injured just so a baseball team will have a better chance of winning.

it's a friggan game, we shouldn't be wishing or hoping that human beings are injured... wish for them to have a bad game instead.

john
    Most dominant pitcher
    Quote Originally Posted by CrespoBlows
    The A's are going to finish dead last this year in the AL West.
    They won't win the AL West for the next 3 years, the Angels will definaltly be on top of them.
    If you are stupid, I will make fun of you. :harhar: