Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Griffey now wearing number 3?

Evil Emperor

Re: Griffey now wearing number 3?

Quote Originally Posted by The Monster is my Mom View Post
    okay, fair enough. And show the damn Yankee fan respect too!!
    :lol: Thank you.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6 View Post
    You're being an asshole about it for absolutey no reason. I dont understand it. Like I said, if you think its a topic not worthy of discussion, then dont read the thread.

If Big Papi or Jason Varitek suddenly decided to change their uniform number, im sure there would be a thread about it. Would you say the same things in that thread?
    Jeez man, stop getting your panties all twisted. I'm not singling you out in this case; I honestly feel whatever number a player wears is irrelevant to the game of baseball. Had a Sox player changed numbers my response would have been the same. Some here have speculated about what number Beckett or Crisp will wear, but no thread has been started. Rest assured, when one is started, I'll chime in.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by The Monster is my Mom View Post
    One Red Seat does not care about anyone but the Red Sox, so he doesn't care. Most of us are baseball fans, and appreciate what Griffey did for baseball in the prime of his career, and for the role model that he tries to be (doesn't complain about playing for the Reds, takes pay cuts/defers pay, loves his kids/wife). Show the man some respect.
    Can you read? I mean, really read and understand what the words mean? If so, I'd love for you to show where I disrespected Griffey.

FWIW, I don't just care about the Red Sox. I'm a baseball fan first and foremost; the Red Sox just happen to be the team I root for. Don't believe me? Then why have I gone to 3 college games in the last week and a half, why am I going to the Dominican Republic vs. Australia WBC game, why am I going to a Nat's vs. Dodgers ST game in a week or so? I love baseball. I just don't happen to find any importance or interest in what number a player has on his back. If you could read, you would recognize that as the only point I have made in this thread.

Personal insults will get you no where.

This is my rifle....

Where have I insulted you? By saying I don't think you can read? That's not an insult, that's an observation based on how you accused me of disrespecting someone when nothing in my posts have been disrespectful to the player in question.

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat View Post
    Where have I insulted you? By saying I don't think you can read? That's not an insult, that's an observation based on how you accused me of disrespecting someone when nothing in my posts have been disrespectful to the player in question.

Sorry, I can read, just not comprehend. Guess I should have been a Marine, dammit.....

Evil Emperor

A lot of people, including me, feel differently than you about uniform numbers than you do ORS. I read a good article regarding that the other day, if I come across it, i'll post it.

But I see where you're coming from. A lot of people could care less. I, on the other hand care about this stuff for some reason.

This is my rifle....

I'm sorry you feel singled out, and I do recognize that some do care. By saying "Who the hell cares?", I meant it in a rhetorical sense. I wasn't expecting an answer, but merely expressing my disinterest. I'll admit, my way of expressing myself can seem gruff at times, so I apologize if it rubs you the wrong way. But, despite our past disagreements, I don't intentionally try and get under your skin whenever I respond to one of your posts.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I'm sorry you feel singled out, and I do recognize that some do care. By saying "Who the hell cares?", I meant it in a rhetorical sense. I wasn't expecting an answer, but merely expressing my disinterest.
    yeah, I understood that and was cool with all of that. It was the second post that made me think you were going at me. The whole "not harsh, honest, I cant fathom why anyone would post about this", or whatever was said. Like I said, this is no biggie, appearantly you're interest in the matter is different than mine. Not a big thing. I didnt mean to start a debate with the posting of this thread. I was simply surprised that he had suddenly changed his number and was hoping that, like usual, sombody here could give me an explanation.