Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Griffey now wearing number 3?

Evil Emperor

Griffey now wearing number 3?

Well im playing MLB 06 and I notice Griffey has number 3. I get a confused look on my face and immediately think to myself that they must have made a mistake or something. But I wasnt satisfied with that, I needed to know for sure. So I just signed on and went to the Reds website to see that Griffey is in fact wearing 3 this year. Why? I dont get it. And what I dont get even more is why I hadnt heard this until now. Im usually up on those things :lol:

Evil Emperor

Re: Griffey now wearing number 3?

I just read that he is doing it because he has 3 kids.
    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=cin

Pretty dumb if you ask me. I bet all of those people who payed $200 for a Griffey, #30 jersey are pretty mad right about now.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6 View Post
    Well im playing MLB 06 and I notice Griffey has number 3. I get a confused look on my face and immediately think to myself that they must have made a mistake or something. But I wasnt satisfied with that, I needed to know for sure. So I just signed on and went to the Reds website to see that Griffey is in fact wearing 3 this year. Why? I dont get it. And what I dont get even more is why I hadnt heard this until now. Im usually up on those things :lol:

Shit, I'm surprised you recognized that. It's hard to remember what number a guy wears when he's played a collective season over the past 4 seasons, besides last year, of course. Haha...wasn't he 24 in Seattle?

Hey how is MLB 06? I'm thinking about picking it up. I was always big on the EA games but I guess that's a thing of the past now, besides Live and Madden, of course.

This is my rifle....

Who the hell cares? Now those #30 jerseys are unique, and if an owner happens to be upset, they can take it to a seamstress and have the "0" removed and the "3" centered for less than $20. Complete non-story, non-issue if you ask me, and that is why you haven't heard anything about it yet. Nobody thought it was important enough to report about it on the national level.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat View Post
    Who the hell cares? Now those #30 jerseys are unique, and if an owner happens to be upset, they can take it to a seamstress and have the "0" removed and the "3" centered for less than $20. Complete non-story, non-issue if you ask me, and that is why you haven't heard anything about it yet. Nobody thought it was important enough to report about it on the national level.
    I know its not important. I was just a little surprised is all.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by HeadOfSoxNation View Post
    Shit, I'm surprised you recognized that. It's hard to remember what number a guy wears when he's played a collective season over the past 4 seasons, besides last year, of course. Haha...wasn't he 24 in Seattle?

Hey how is MLB 06? I'm thinking about picking it up. I was always big on the EA games but I guess that's a thing of the past now, besides Live and Madden, of course.
    yea, he was 24 in Seattle.

As for MLB 06, go here..
    http://www.talksox.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5535

That's a little harsh. I think he was just wondering why, not that it was a big deal. I don't think Griffey tried to make it a big deal either - The only reason I knew is because I follow the Reds, and read it on their website a couple months ago.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by The Monster is my Mom View Post
    That's a little harsh. I think he was just wondering why, not that it was a big deal. I don't think Griffey tried to make it a big deal either - The only reason I knew is because I follow the Reds, and read it on their website a couple months ago.
    It wasn't harsh; it was honest. I can't fathom why anyone would care about this.

Evil Emperor

It wasn't harsh; it was honest. I can't fathom why anyone would care about this.
    Is it that big a deal that I brought it up? I mean seriously, why does it matter to you? Its not a big deal or anything, just a baseball related subject to throw out there. I am truly sorry if it bothered, offended, or angered you. Or even a combination of the three.

But YOU did click on this thread, otherwise you wouldnt have made that initial post.

I can't fathom why you would make a post saying you can't fathom why anyone would care about it. I think it is news worthy that a big time player changed his number.

This is my rifle....

Is it that big a deal that I brought it up? I mean seriously, why does it matter to you? Its not a big deal or anything, just a baseball related subject to throw out there. I am truly sorry if it bothered, offended, or angered you. Or even a combination of the three.

But YOU did click on this thread, otherwise you wouldnt have made that initial post.
    Where do you get the idea that I'm upset? You started an inane thread and I let you know it, so there's no need to read between the lines and extract more meaning than that.

Evil Emperor

Where do you get the idea that I'm upset? You started an inane thread and I let you know it, so there's no need to read between the lines and extract more meaning than that.
    You're being an asshole about it for absolutey no reason. I dont understand it. Like I said, if you think its a topic not worthy of discussion, then dont read the thread.

If Big Papi or Jason Varitek suddenly decided to change their uniform number, im sure there would be a thread about it. Would you say the same things in that thread?

One Red Seat does not care about anyone but the Red Sox, so he doesn't care. Most of us are baseball fans, and appreciate what Griffey did for baseball in the prime of his career, and for the role model that he tries to be (doesn't complain about playing for the Reds, takes pay cuts/defers pay, loves his kids/wife). Show the man some respect.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by The Monster is my Mom View Post
    One Red Seat does not care about anyone but the Red Sox, so he doesn't care. Most of us are baseball fans, and appreciate what Griffey did for baseball in the prime of his career, and for the role model that he tries to be (doesn't complain about playing for the Reds, takes pay cuts/defers pay, loves his kids/wife). Show the man some respect.
    I dont think it was as much about showing Griffey disrespect as it was showing Me disrespect. ORS has made no secret of his dislike for me since I joined. No biggie though. I agree with him that this isnt a big deal, however I feel it's something worth talking about a little. God knows theres enough pointless threads on here.

I dont think it was as much about showing Griffey disrespect as it was showing Me disrespect. ORS has made no secret of his dislike for me since I joined. No biggie though. I agree with him that this isnt a big deal, however I feel it's something worth talking about a little. God knows theres enough pointless threads on here.
    okay, fair enough. And show the damn Yankee fan respect too!!