Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who were your team's opponents when you went to your first ever MLB game?

Major Leaguer

Re: Who were your team's opponents when you went to your first ever MLB game?

Ooooh..I don't even remember...it seems like it was so long ago! I think the A's though....

Fenway Resident

I have mentioned this before, but my first game was when I was 3 & my dad had won tickets to game 7 of the 86 playoffs against Anaheim, 8-1 win. I dont remember much of course, but I used to have a tape of the game. Emphasis on used to as I had easily worn the tape out watching it as I was a kid haha.

Sidetrack: last game I had been to was the last game of this last season. The game in which the Sox officially gained a ticket to the playoffs. Now most memorbale seeing Bill Mueller & Doug Mirabelli homer. First time I had seen them do so in person, later turned I got to see their last as Red Sox.
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by kyahbean View Post
    Ooooh..I don't even remember...it seems like it was so long ago! I think the A's though....
    hey there kyahbean

is that pic of you on the top of Black Mountain with Lake George in the background?

Umm man I forget, it was a Diamondbacks game though, I forget who they played, probably an NL West team, I'm thinkin Dodgers.
    "Right now, somewhere in New York, an eight-year-old kid is wondering if the Yankees will win a championship in his lifetime" - (Updated version of) Bill Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by riverside sluggers View Post
    I have mentioned this before, but my first game was when I was 3 & my dad had won tickets to game 7 of the 86 playoffs against Anaheim, 8-1 win. I dont remember much of course, but I used to have a tape of the game. Emphasis on used to as I had easily worn the tape out watching it as I was a kid haha.

Sidetrack: last game I had been to was the last game of this last season. The game in which the Sox officially gained a ticket to the playoffs. Now most memorbale seeing Bill Mueller & Doug Mirabelli homer. First time I had seen them do so in person, later turned I got to see their last as Red Sox.
    Ahh yeah, the last game I went to, Mirabelli went yard. It was at Citizens Bank. I had seats like 5 rows up behind Boston's dugout, and even as a kid on crutches. (I had pitctures of the Sox taped on the side) no one signed a thing.

Still haven't been able to get up to Fenway but hope to this year.
    2007 World Series Champs
    Quote Originally Posted by rician blast;306386;
    Regardless of Ellsbury being, as you put it, the "pride enjoy" and the FO being "prowd" of Buch...

me and walrus were there last year when jay payton and rent went long against johnson and then millar put 2 off the top of the wall that wouldve been out of any other park in the league

Major Leaguer

Mets at Shea Stadium, believe their opponent was San Francisco in the early 1970's

www.soxprospects.com

Quote Originally Posted by riverside sluggers View Post

my first game was the halos that season in i think april or may. al nipper was pitching. it was glove day at fenway park as they gave all the kids gloves entering the park. sox got killed but it was still fun getting a free glove.

Fenway Park, Detroit at Red Sox. I remember Frank Viola started for the Sox (which means it was either in 92 or 93), we got a really good look at Tom Brunansky in right field (which means it was 92)

Cecil Fielder made a few errors and Red Sox shortstop Luis Rivera made the final out (in the field).

The Red Sox won the game pretty easily.
    "You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there, but wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"
    Chris Farley (Tommy Callahan)

Dodgers

Major Leaguer

Baltimore Orioles at Boston Red Sox

This is my rifle....

First game ever: Brewers @ the Orioles
    First Sox game: Sox @ the Orioles at Memorial Stadium
    First Fenway game: Rangers @ the Sox last August

I grew up in the DC area, so the O's were the closest thing to a home team. Of course, dad and gramps were Sox fans, so I didn't root for the orange birds.

First game ever was at the Stadium....Yanks V Indians

First Sox game was Sox V Angels in 87 I think...

Alright I'm going to expand upon this forum...what's your most memorable sporting event that you were at live? I was at Game 3 of the Sox/Cards series...and Game 7 of the 2004 Stanley Cup...I'm biased towards the Sox so I'd have to say that was the coolest, but as far as a game is concerned, the Cup was a 'better' game. I was also at the Sox V Rays game when Scott Kasmir (I think?) threw at BigPapi's head, started a mild rucus, only to have Papi hit the furthest homerun I've ever seen (It almost cleared that catwalk at Tropicana Field) his next at bat. Awesome.

This is my rifle....

Most memorable sporting event? Redskins vs. Vikings in the '87 NFC Championship game at RFK. Darrell Green thwarts a late-fourth quarter 4th and goal pass to preserve a 17-10 win. Pandemonium.

Evil Emperor

The one that comes to mind for me was Roger's 300th win/4000th strikeout on June 13th, 2003 against St. Louis.

I had bought the tickets ni January because that would be Tino's first game back at the Stadium since joining the Cards. How pleasant that not only did I get to see a beloved Yankee hero, but also got to see history made by one of my favorites.

I can type for pages about that night, but i think i'll just stop here.