Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who were your team's opponents when you went to your first ever MLB game?

Re: Who were your team's opponents when you went to your first ever MLB game?

Crap, I don't remember who but I do remember they gave out "Reggie Bar" promotional t-shirts to all us youngin's.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishsticks View Post
    Crap, I don't remember who but I do remember they gave out "Reggie Bar" promotional t-shirts to all us youngin's.
    Yeah dude thats the thing...I remember buying a signed (not sure to this day if it is or not :lol: ) ball for $5 bucks (maybe that should tell me something, but granted it was their first year) and everything but not positive about the team they played, but I would be willing to bet that they got killed. :lol:
    I don't ever wanna see the Red and Blues again. :blink:

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Goes Boom View Post
    Yeah dude thats the thing...I remember buying a signed (not sure to this day if it is or not :lol: ) ball for $5 bucks (maybe that should tell me something, but granted it was their first year) and everything but not positive about the team they played, but I would be willing to bet that they got killed. :lol:

$5 is pretty cheap compared to prices now. All my autographed balls had their sigs stamped by some rubber stamper! At what stadium did you get the ball at?

reggie bars tasted like hot dogs and a combination of ass and armpit
    howdy fishy
    comme va yo??

i saw dickie allen and wilbur wood beat the sox 2-1 then sonny siebert 2 hit them in the 2nd game
    1st game i saw was the washington senators with dick williams as manager against the sox
    i dont think i was more than 6-7 and the memory isnt what you may think it would be..
    dad and i saw george scott in chelsea after the game
    ""george what did you think of the game""
    dey dont pay me ta tink dey pay me to hit he growled at the 7 year old boy who forever hated him but
    admired the shit out of his glove and power

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy View Post
    reggie bars tasted like hot dogs and a combination of ass and armpit
    howdy fishy
    comme va yo??

i saw dickie allen and wilbur wood beat the sox 2-1 then sonny siebert 2 hit them in the 2nd game
    1st game i saw was the washington senators with dick williams as manager against the sox
    i dont think i was more than 6-7 and the memory isnt what you may think it would be..
    dad and i saw george scott in chelsea after the game
    ""george what did you think of the game""
    dey dont pay me ta tink dey pay me to hit he growled at the 7 year old boy who forever hated him but
    admired the shit out of his glove and power
    Wonderful to see you Crunch!!

good 2b seen ellie mae
    hows dixie??
    cold stretch here in c/mass

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crunchy View Post
    good 2b seen ellie mae
    hows dixie??
    cold stretch here in c/mass

Cold here too bro.....ST for me in a little over 6 weeks.....<sigh>

"Wish I was in the land o' cotton...." bwahahahahahahahaha!

Stay well my friend!

All-Star

The first baseball game I ever went to was Blue Jays vs Twins back in 1992.

My first Sox game that I ever saw was Red Sox vs Jays in Toronto. Never been able to get outta Toronto to go see a game. But I plan on trying to make a game in Boston next season.
    1903,1912,1915,1916,2004,2007 World Series Champions

Never been able to get outta Toronto to go see a game. But I plan on trying to make a game in Boston next season.

bring your wallet my man
    its cheaper for me to drive to nyc,get a hotel and a 100 steak after the game than to take my family to fenway and sit in the nice seats

Major Leaguer

Thats cuz it costs you an 8ball of rock when you stay locally

and cover your end ya cheap hatefilled prik

Major Leaguer

1976 - Box Seats (the real ones above the Sox dugout) Indians...doubleheader.

Spring training that same year. Back when they were in Winter Haven. Met Pudge and the great Bill Lee and an ebullient Tiant and his dad and a curmudeonly Yaz.

Good evening, gentlemen.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishsticks View Post
    $5 is pretty cheap compared to prices now. All my autographed balls had their sigs stamped by some rubber stamper! At what stadium did you get the ball at?
    LOL. It was in 1998 at Bank One Ballpark now Chase Field (Name BLOWS btw :thumbdown ) Anyway, I think it was because it was the first year, I kept it too. So maybe it will be a nice reward down the road.

But nowadays I like going there because the prices are cheap for nice seats IMO ($16 bucks for right field bleachers, I like those because of the HR ball and plus, its cheap as hell) but the team blows, which is sad because they used to be so good. I'll most likely go again when the Mets come in town and hopefully Pedro will be on the bump again (I went last year when he had a no-no through 6).
    I don't ever wanna see the Red and Blues again. :blink:

Major Leaguer

The Blue Jays. I swear to God, those were the only games I could go to before I went to college were the Red Sox vs. the friggin' Blue Jays.
    "Giambi walks too much. He's always clogging up the bases with all that walking." -Tim McCarver

Major Leaguer

I witnessed Red Sox greats: Al Nipper and Steve Crawford toe the rubber vs the mighty Seattle Mariners in 1986

Boston lost 9-5

a couple of years later I got John Trautwein's (sp?) autograph.. lost it