Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Derek Jeter/Josh Beckett commercial?

Evil Emperor

Re: A Derek Jeter/Josh Beckett commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray10 View Post
    I'm going to for sure be buying mlb 2k6. I have 05 and I find it better than MVP 05. I dunno what it is but for some reason Sega makes better baseball games than EA does.
    I have them both and disagree. Despite EA's HORRIBLE Franchise mode or whatever.
    That is one thing I wont miss from them. And one thing I miss from Acclaim.

It is too bad that they didnt make ncaa baseball earlier so that you could upload your graduated players into MVP. NCAA is good, but I think they threw it together too quickly....
    I agree. BUt I still love the game, though it gets borig after a while.

But yeah, I wish they made it earlier too.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6 View Post
    Thats what I used to love about All Star Baseball...yes, the game would come out a week or 2 after all the others, but theyre rosters were always amazing.

Fucking Acclaim!
    I had EVERY game in their frnachise (1998-2005). I loved ASB.

But to the fact that 2K blows...NBA 2K6 is pretty amazing on XB360. I'll definately have to try MLB 2K6 before I get it, but it should be pretty damn good.
    I don't ever wanna see the Red and Blues again. :blink:

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Goes Boom View Post
    I had EVERY game in their frnachise (1998-2005). I loved ASB.

But to the fact that 2K blows...NBA 2K6 is pretty amazing on XB360. I'll definately have to try MLB 2K6 before I get it, but it should be pretty damn good.
    FINALLY, somebody who agrees with me on ASB. I had them all too and was in love with the game even before Jeter became the coverboy (thats another thing I loved, I knew it was gonna be Jeter every year, these other games switch off every year. Thats the reason I bought 2K5 last year, Jeter. And thats the reason ill buy the new one this year). They had the deepest modes, the franchise had Rule 5, Waivers, etc. I REALLY MISS ASB right now.

Fenway Resident

huh, the preview video clips have beckett down with the #21. Of course thats a default mechanism, as it has been announced that he will don the #19

I'll probably rent all the new games and then decided which one is best. Of course I wouldve chosen MVP 06 hands down if they had actually frigging made it that is
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

All-Star

Since the broadcasting booth for EA and 2K are both Giant lovers, I have no choice. But I'd rather listen to Duane Kuiper and Mike Krukow. Jon Miller and Joe Morgan just blow.

Too bad, MLB 2K6 won't be 20 bucks this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6 View Post
    FINALLY, somebody who agrees with me on ASB. I had them all too and was in love with the game even before Jeter became the coverboy (thats another thing I loved, I knew it was gonna be Jeter every year, these other games switch off every year. Thats the reason I bought 2K5 last year, Jeter. And thats the reason ill buy the new one this year). They had the deepest modes, the franchise had Rule 5, Waivers, etc. I REALLY MISS ASB right now.
    The reason I loved it so much was because I got so used to it and it became second nature to me. I had my first year in the frnachise mode and went like 150-12 (ish) on legendary or w/e the toughest difficulty was, and swept the playoffs.
    I don't ever wanna see the Red and Blues again. :blink:

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by riverside sluggers View Post
    huh, the preview video clips have beckett down with the #21. Of course thats a default mechanism, as it has been announced that he will don the #19

I'll probably rent all the new games and then decided which one is best. Of course I wouldve chosen MVP 06 hands down if they had actually frigging made it that is
    Wonder what Lowell's gonna wear. :lol:

Banned

Just wanted to chime in and say that ASB was one of the most awesome games I ever played. The best homerun graphics ever, showing the shot going out from the side with the crowd rushing by, that was soo coool. Excellent game. MVP has its short comings but overall that was an excellent excellent game. Every sports game get a little boring.

MLB 2k5 sucks. I need minor league action and it had zero. Good game play but the franchise mode really blew badly and I hope that some how from somewhere there can be a game that can compete with it soon because it really sucks. The fielding is awesome though.
    I am the biggest spaz of all time

ASB was awsome. I also had all of the games.
    Gabe Kapler is full of heart and determination:
    http://nomaas.org/images/kaplerftl.gif
    :lol:

Fenway Resident

sidetrack: is the 2K games the one in which you are able to sub in regular players as relief pitchers? Last year I swore I had Big Papi pitching 2 shutout innings of relief against the Yankees. Haha it was classic, of course his only pitch was fastball.
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Power, Pride, Pinstripes

My first ASB game was the 1995 edition with Larry Walker on the cover. My friend and I instituted the Larry Walker rule--you were'nt allowed to pick the Rockies because Larry Walker could hit a splitter that bounces 55 feet from the mound and still jack it out for a HR.

Fenway Resident

very cool, I had sent the Boston Dirt Dogs site the link I had supplied you guys about this commercial. Which they have now posted on their site and an email my way thanking for the heads up as of course this was secretly talked about.

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/Hea...t_takes_t.html

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by riverside sluggers View Post
    sidetrack: is the 2K games the one in which you are able to sub in regular players as relief pitchers? Last year I swore I had Big Papi pitching 2 shutout innings of relief against the Yankees. Haha it was classic, of course his only pitch was fastball.
    lol cool. I know you used to be able to do that in ASB (ASB 2005 at least, dont remember about the other ones). I had Ichiro as my emergency reliever (since he started out as a pitcher in Japan)..pretty good.

You guys are the only guys who have said they like ASB. ANYONE else that I talk to HATED ASB..now I dont feel like such an idiot haha

Haha yeah, I had ASB 2003 and if you pinch hit for someone you keep the hitter in, one time I had Sosa go like 4 scoreless...

I thought that game sucked though.
    2007 World Series Champs
    Quote Originally Posted by rician blast;306386;
    Regardless of Ellsbury being, as you put it, the "pride enjoy" and the FO being "prowd" of Buch...

Fenway Resident

This is not about ESPN 2K6, but I have just played MLB 06: The Show. This I believe is the best baseball game for 2006. Granted not as good as the MVP games. It goes down each lineup, starting pitchers and relief pitchers-- Comments on each of those players, giving it a close match to what actual baseball presentations are like.

The graphics need some better work, but this game I recommend for everyone.