Register now to remove this ad

Page 90 of 472 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 7072

Thread: Official NBA thread

Re: Official NBA thread

Quote Originally Posted by Moose;209195;
    I'm really impressed with Josh Smith this year. Dude's a solid 2-guard. Great trade for Denver.
    JR is good. I was shocked when I heard they got him, but I forget...who'd they give up? Or was it just picks?
    I don't ever wanna see the Red and Blues again. :blink:

All-Star

Whoops.

JR*

I think they traded picks and Howard Eisley, who eas eventually waived by the Bulls.

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules;208920;
    how about them Mavericks
    Holy shit. 12 straight.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Goes Boom;209194;
    Well Carmelo's playing fantastic right now, and your right about his in between size which makes him a match-up nightmare for most guys. I would put him on the top tier of offensive players, along with LeBron, D-Wade, Michael Redd (this year he is...31 ppg), Ray Allen, Paul Pierce...guys like that. (Amare is working his way back on this list...not yet though). And the rebounding thing, I agree he could be a great rebounder, but I dunno if he could out board Camby. Doesn't Camby usually get like 11 rebounds per every year? Thats tough to beat...only the likes of Shawn Marion, KG, Shaq and Ben Wallace put up those kind of rebounds. Overall 'Melo's great, I love the guy...he's probably my favorite player not on the Suns right now.
    I, obviously, love him too. He always looks like he's having so much fun playing the game. I remember hearing once that when he has a smile on his face during a game, the other team is in huge trouble... ever since JR Smith joined the team he's had that smile in every game, and his numbers prove that theory correct. But yeah, Camby's a monster on the boards, so that's high praise from George Karl. Watching 'Melo play, and seeing how he's progressed the last few years, he can get a lot better if he adopts the right mindset.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Goes Boom;209194;
    Thats tough to beat...only the likes of Shawn Marion, KG, Shaq and Ben Wallace put up those kind of rebounds.
    Dwight Howard.

Kid is a freak on the glass. I might actually go to a Magic game this year to watch him play.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat;209218;
    Dwight Howard.

Kid is a freak on the glass. I might actually go to a Magic game this year to watch him play.
    He's just a freak in general. He's going to be the dominant NBA big man over the next ten years. Almost scary to imagine him getting better, which will certainly happen.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat;209218;
    Dwight Howard.

True. He's an animal. Great player
    I don't ever wanna see the Red and Blues again. :blink:

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Goes Boom;209196;
    JR is good. I was shocked when I heard they got him, but I forget...who'd they give up? Or was it just picks?
    JR has been great so far this season. I took him with the 144th pick in my fantasy basketball league. 17 PPG thus far...not bad for an 18th rounder.

All-Star

Legend

I wish I could watch the goings on in New Jersey tonight.

Phoenix - 153
    New Jersey - 147

with two minutes left in 2OT. Both teams put up over 40 in the fourth quarter.

Celtics scored 2 points in the first 10 minutes of the game, and its tied at 90 with 43 seconds left.

Wow...what a shot by Paul Pierce. Spins off Kidd, fallaway jumper from right in front of the 3 line...Pops the jersey after...92-90. We needed it.

All-Star

Incredible shot. Now we're only a game back. Get Iverson, take the division, and never look back from there.

Quote Originally Posted by See Red;211198;
    I wish I could watch the goings on in New Jersey tonight.

Phoenix - 153
    New Jersey - 147

with two minutes left in 2OT. Both teams put up over 40 in the fourth quarter.
    i saw that game on league pass.. hell of a game, everything was falling.

i dont feel the need to comment on the celtics other than everyone (bosox and retard coco) overrating them after one win which they needed a game winner from pierce.

All-Star

I don't think I'm overrating them. A win is a win and they've been few and far between this season but if this gives them a little momentum and if they do acquire AI, they can take the division lead and never look back the rest of the way. Great game for Big Al. Hopefully we keep this up and we get some revenge on the Knicks on monday.