Register now to remove this ad

Page 49 of 472 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NBA thread

Re: Official NBA thread

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    http://gallery.mostvaluablenetwork.c...1/outburst.mp3

Listen to Mike Dunleavy, Jr. while Mickael Pietrus was being interviewed.
    That's Dunleavy??? HAHAHAHA That is hillarious. You can tell that Mickael was like what the.... Priceless:lol:
    Ain't no thiing, but a chicken wiing
    http://www.projectwasted.com/upload/.../kobe_dunk.jpg

Knicks acquire three-time All-Star G Francis from Magic

ORLANDO, Florida (Ticker) - The New York Knicks own the second-worst record in the NBA. Now they own the most expensive backcourt in NBA history.

The Knicks acquired three-time All-Star guard Steve Francis from the Orlando Magic for forward Trevor Ariza and the expiring contract of swingman Penny Hardaway on Wednesday.

The deal was made one day before the trade deadline.

Francis, who turned 29 on Tuesday, has three years and $48.5 million left on his contract after this season. But it doesn't seem to matter to the Knicks, who have the league's highest payroll and will be well over the salary cap through the 2008-09 season.

With Stephon Marbury under contract for $16.4 million this season, the Knicks now have the highest-paid guard tandem in league history. Francis' salary for this season is $13.7 million.

In 2006-07, Francis' salary will rise to $15 million. Marbury's salary escalates to $18 million and the Knicks still must count $20 million against the cap for retired shooting guard Allan Houston. Once recently acquired swingman Jalen Rose exercises his option, the Knicks will be required to pay him $16 million in 2006-07 season.

Francis will make $16.4 million in 2007-08 and $17.1 million in 2008-09.

"This is a trade that we all feel makes us a better basketball team for both now and in the future," Knicks president of basketball operations Isiah Thomas said. "In Steve, we add an all-star caliber player to our team without giving up core assets that are key to our future."

I don't think it will improve their team at all. They now have the dual-ego backcourt going on, and the team still sucks and has no chance at anything.
    2007 World Series Champs
    Quote Originally Posted by rician blast;306386;
    Regardless of Ellsbury being, as you put it, the "pride enjoy" and the FO being "prowd" of Buch...

They should take the "New York" off the front of the jersey and just put "Suckers" across the front

Talk about stupid, because that's exactly what this deal is. You already have Marbury and suck. So why do you think adding another Marbury type player will make you any better? Now they have (including Crawford) 3 guys who are all the same player and they are still missing the most important thing (defense).

The sad part is that they have talent up front (Curry, Frye) but with all the selfish gaurds on the roster (Q, Marbury, and Crawford) they will never see the ball.

The Hardaway contract is where the Knicks screwed themselves. It is an expiring contract and held alot of trade value. It was one of the few assets they had

No one is debating whether or not Francis is a talented player, he clearly is. The problem is, his contract that has 4 years and about 48 million remaining on it and the fact that the Knicks have a player on the roster that is exactly like him in Marbury. The Knicks have no need for a guy like Francis or his contract

Being a Nuggets fan I could care less about the Knicks but the move is still mind boggling

Plus, it blocks Nate Robinson.

edit: Man, the Knicks suck more every time I think about it. Maybe we should have an official "Make fun of the Knicks" thread. :lol:
    2007 World Series Champs
    Quote Originally Posted by rician blast;306386;
    Regardless of Ellsbury being, as you put it, the "pride enjoy" and the FO being "prowd" of Buch...

LOL at this trade. I don't see how Isiah sees this as "making them beter now and for the future..." That means their (most likely) going to use a 3-guard set in Marbury, Francis and Crawford, along with (I'm not sure with their lineup but I think) Curry and Frye. Man this is dumb, and probably makes Marbury really happy...not.
    I don't ever wanna see the Red and Blues again. :blink:

Celts/Suns again tonight. Hopefully we can show up in the first half and not be down millions and rely on a comeback.

Nuggets acquire: F Ruben Patterson F Reggie Evans

Sonics acquire: G Earl Watson

Blazers acquire: C Vitaly Potapenko G Voshon Lenard

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2341845

All-Star

Great trade for the Nuggets. They had to trade one of these two: Watson or Boykins. They have a big chance to run away with the division now and stop making the Northwest look like the NL West.

Legend

Nuggets traded Watson (:rant: ) and didn't even get a real shooting threat out of it. I hate Kiki Vandeweghe. He's no Isaiah Thomas... but he's god awful.

Talk about an absolutely pointless free agent signing. They sign Watson who, for a while, gets no playing time behind Miller and Boykins. Then gets to play because of injuries, and plays very, very good -- plays great with your Franchise player unlike Boykins who doesn't play great with anyone! And then they trade him. Good Earl, you will be missed.

Fuck it, I'm selling my services as a fan. Any of you guys looking for another fan for your team? Until Kiki's gone I'm done with Denver.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

I think the Nuggets made out great in the trade

Quote Originally Posted by See Red View Post

Nuggets traded Watson (:rant: ) and didn't even get a real shooting threat out of it. I hate Kiki Vandeweghe. He's no Isaiah Thomas... but he's god awful.

Talk about an absolutely pointless free agent signing. They sign Watson who, for a while, gets no playing time behind Miller and Boykins. Then gets to play because of injuries, and plays very, very good -- plays great with your Franchise player unlike Boykins who doesn't play great with anyone! And then they trade him. Good Earl, you will be missed.

Fuck it, I'm selling my services as a fan. Any of you guys looking for another fan for your team? Until Kiki's gone I'm done with Denver.
    Someone's over-reacting.

YO SHIT CELTICS FAN. BE A CELTICS FAN. They are a fun team to watch.

Pierce got invited to try out for the USA basketball team.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2342228

WOW. I clicked on See Red's link to read more about the Watson trade and I saw this...WOW. Murrays great and has been blocked by Allen, and now he can play the 2 up in Cleveland. Hughes can slide to the point and Lebron can play anywhere. Great trade for them IMO.
    I don't ever wanna see the Red and Blues again. :blink: