Register now to remove this ad

Page 457 of 472 FirstFirst ... 357407447455456457458459467 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,855 of 7072

Thread: Official NBA thread

Al Horford is still good, no doubt, but he'll be 34 next June, and 4 years is too long.

I still think Philly will be worse with Horford & Richardson over Butler & Reddick.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Horford has shown decline in his performance level. This year was his lowest min/gm and rebounds/gm.

He'll be 34 next playoff season.
    His usage and minutes went down, his production and level of play didn't really go down. His age is a concern, but for 76ers, he'll be a perfect fit. He and Embiid are both mobile bigs who can stretch the floor and are great defensively. I think this lineup is better. Horford is older than Butler, but Richardson is way younger and better defensively than JJ. The big thing with Horford is the 76ers team has a lot of personalities and Horford is fantastic leader and locker room influence, and on the floor is very unselfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    His usage and minutes went down, his production and level of play didn't really go down. His age is a concern, but for 76ers, he'll be a perfect fit. He and Embiid are both mobile bigs who can stretch the floor and are great defensively. I think this lineup is better. Horford is older than Butler, but Richardson is way younger and better defensively than JJ. The big thing with Horford is the 76ers team has a lot of personalities and Horford is fantastic leader and locker room influence, and on the floor is very unselfish.
    His year 3 and 4 may become a drag.

He will certainly help in 2020, but my point was about how much his addition plus Richardson will be equal to losing Butler & Reddick.

Deity
    I love Al Horford. the but is that you ain't winning titles with Al headlining. I don't know whether or not the Celtics have future titles coming their way or not but what I will say is that I like very much that Danny has an obvious no ass-hole rule moving forward. Nothing is worth coddling a pompous butt for brains regardless of whether or not you can win. If this team loses with good hard working players, I'm fine with it. good bye Kyrie and see you later with good wishes to Rozier.

Quote Originally Posted by cp176 View Post
    I love Al Horford. the but is that you ain't winning titles with Al headlining. I don't know whether or not the Celtics have future titles coming their way or not but what I will say is that I like very much that Danny has an obvious no ass-hole rule moving forward. Nothing is worth coddling a pompous butt for brains regardless of whether or not you can win. If this team loses with good hard working players, I'm fine with it. good bye Kyrie and see you later with good wishes to Rozier.
    If he has a "no ass-hole" policy, why did he acquire Kyrie in the first place?

Is this a new policy?

Deity
    If he has a "no ass-hole" policy, why did he acquire Kyrie in the first place?

Is this a new policy?
    I'll simply say that that might be why he will have a new team to help screw up. No I don't believe that it is a new policy but hey you decide for yourself.

I'll simply say that that might be why he will have a new team to help screw up. No I don't believe that it is a new policy but hey you decide for yourself.
    I think you wish he had the policy from day 1.

Deity
    I think you wish he had the policy from day 1.
    Sometimes you just don't know what you are getting until you have a chance to live with the goods I think.

The NBA is just crazy. Kawhi Leonard and Paul George end up on Clippers, and now Westbrook has demanded a trade. Rough time to be a Thunder fan

Sometimes you just don't know what you are getting until you have a chance to live with the goods I think.
    True, but the writing was all over the wall with Irving.

The fucking Clippers get Kawhi Leonard, while LeLoadmanagement gets the corpse of DeMarcus Cousins. Hilarious.

Deity
    True, but the writing was all over the wall with Irving.
    I'm not sure that it was as clear as you think it might have been. It was a gamble that didn't pay off. that's the way it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    The fucking Clippers get Kawhi Leonard, while LeLoadmanagement gets the corpse of DeMarcus Cousins. Hilarious.
    Lakers still have a pretty solid team

I'm not sure that it was as clear as you think it might have been. It was a gamble that didn't pay off. that's the way it goes.
    I wasn't the only one who could see Irving was trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    Lakers still have a pretty solid team
    The Jazz could surprise.

I'm not sure I'd count the Rockets out either.

I think both conferences are pretty wide open.

There are certainly some teams with no shot, but a lot of teams look to have improved and were not bad this year.