Register now to remove this ad

Page 151 of 472 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 7072

Thread: Official NBA thread

Re: Official NBA thread

I don't know, but I bet that being a scout for the Nuggets is as easy of a job as being a weatherman in San Diego.

Bye Captain Kirk. You were a solid player for the Bulls for many years. If losing you means we get LeBron, then once again you are contributing. It was a pleasure watching you, even if you can't shoot for a high percentage.
    And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Legend

If Lebron leaves cleveland, what happens when he comes back to the Q?

Has anyone else noticed that no other stadium announcers get into what they are saying except the cavs stadium announcers?
    RIP Bob Feller

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;560073;
    I don't know, but I bet that being a scout for the Nuggets is as easy of a job as being a weatherman in San Diego.
    It's ridiculous. They've made a solid draft day trade or two, like getting Lawson and getting Nene, but that's all they've managed to do on draft day that I can remember. I refuse to give them credit for drafting Melo, as he fell in their lap and Kiki Vandeweghe made it known that he liked Darco.

I know this is kind of skewed by the NBA's rules regarding trading draft picks on draft day, but the last draft selection the Nuggets made that contributed to the team (aside from Melo) was James Posey in '99.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Legend

I want to see this dream team Miami Heat scenario happen. It'd basically be three max contract guys (one or all of them would have to settle for less than the max to make it work) surrounded by all league minimum players. It could work... it could be a complete disaster.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

Bosh, Wade are in Chicago with their agents and Chicago management. LeBron just met with Chicago. There is a rumor out there that they will all take matching salaries on short term deals to try to win the big one
    Hal sucks

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;561216;
    Bosh, Wade are in Chicago with their agents and Chicago management. LeBron just met with Chicago. There is a rumor out there that they will all take matching salaries on short term deals to try to win the big one
    They would be leaving a ton of money on the table. And with a new CBA looming that will probably limit the length and values of contracts, it benefits players to get long term deals under the current CBA. Apparently Wade is leaning towards Chicago, but I don't see three of them ending up together happening.

And if they do and they win a Championship, it's kind of... well, tainted is the wrong word, but I don't imagine it would do anything for Lebron's legacy. Certainly wouldn't in my opinion -- especially if it's the only one he ended up with.

No chance in hell that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch;561216 View Post
    In Chicago? Yeah, totally. Chris Bosh doesn't have the enormous endorsement revenue that Wade and LeBron have, so there's no way he settles for anything less $15M (the proposed figure if they were to join forces in Miami). Let alone the fact that this would require at least one, probably all, of them to settle for less than $10M for this season. Not a chance.

I don't believe Wade's open-mindedness for a second. I think it's a ploy. However, there is a very real possibility that LeBron will sign with the Bulls. So exciting. It'll be a HUGE letdown if he doesn't come here now.
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

If the Heat get LeBron James and Dwyane Wade you can bet your ass I'm getting season tickets. Having those two on the same team would be so dominant. That's an automatic championship.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by See Red;561226;
    They would be leaving a ton of money on the table. And with a new CBA looming that will probably limit the length and values of contracts, it benefits players to get long term deals under the current CBA. Apparently Wade is leaning towards Chicago, but I don't see three of them ending up together happening.

And if they do and they win a Championship, it's kind of... well, tainted is the wrong word, but I don't imagine it would do anything for Lebron's legacy. Certainly wouldn't in my opinion -- especially if it's the only one he ended up with.

LeBron sucks !!!!

Really it seems Wade and Bosh are the ones who look really weak in this. In the past both have seemed to think they are #1 options/franchise players yet are being Lebron's bitches right now. Like See Red says, it does very little for their legacies if they just follow Lebron like they are doing now. Both have proved in the past that they are just #1 options on slightly above .500 teams (or lower) except when Wade had an elite Shaq.

Lebron on the other hand has never had an elite player with him yet has a pair of back to back 60+ win seasons and a number of 50+ win seasons to go along with them, whole different level from the other two.
    Quote Originally Posted by W.B. Mason View Post
    Did someone order...paperclips?

Let's not sell Wade short here. I would say he is on a whole different level from Bosh as well.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules;561519;

LeBron sucks !!!!
    Yeah, because I definitely said that.

Moron.