Register now to remove this ad

Page 150 of 472 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 7072

Thread: Official NBA thread

Re: Official NBA thread

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;549913;
    Well, he is Russian.
    :lol:
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

As a Wizards fan I'm psyched. John Wall is likely to be picked #1 and we have quite a bit of cap space.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;549913;
    Well, he is Russian.
    What's that mean? If it's a reference to being a communist, someone who takes advantage of the privatization of business at the fall of the Soviet Union to become the 30-something most wealthiest person in the world sounds like a pretty big capitalist to me...

It doesn't mean anything. It was just too easy to quickly make a cultural reference by bringing up one's nationality. I'm sure anyone can be portrayed as evil when you sum them up in a few quick stereotypes. You're reading too far into it.

Super Moderator

I guess I did. Whoopsies.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44;549979;
    As a Wizards fan I'm psyched. John Wall is likely to be picked #1 and we have quite a bit of cap space.
    Some of my friends say Evan Turner will be a superstar and Wall won't and that's why evan turner should go first.
    RIP Bob Feller

john wall will be a bust because anything with the word "wall" will stand in 1 place and not do anything
    President of the Andrew Bailey will be better than Papelbon club
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanWalrus;693016;
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;693012;
    I love dogs but am obviously a "cat person".
    like they say about small cats ..... a little pussy never hurt anyone

Quote Originally Posted by suns;550215;
    Some of my friends say Evan Turner will be a superstar and Wall won't and that's why evan turner should go first.
    I don't see how you pass on Wall, he just has so much potential.

Agreed. Turner could wind up being more of an impact player right away, but Wall's ceiling is much higher.
    And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Evan Turner is one of the most complete college players I've seen in years and I think he will be a very good pro, but you just can't pass on Wall.

MSU, your homeboy Jarvis Varnado went #41 to the Miami Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion;559941;
    MSU, your homeboy Jarvis Varnado went #41 to the Miami Heat.
    Yep. Good for Jarvis. I hope he has a long and successful NBA career. By all accounts one of the all time good guys around. It's a shame the Celtics couldn't get him. We could use someone who can rebound.

I wanted the Spurs to get him. I'm happy that we got James Anderson at the 20th pick, but I really wanted Solomon Alabi at 49, and it doesn't help that he got taken IMMEDIATELY thereafter to the Mavericks at 50. F***.

James Anderson is a very solid pick at #20. Dude is a baller. I remember he was the Arkansas Mr. Basketball in 11th and 12th grade.

Legend

Why do the Nuggets hate the NBA draft?
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage