Register now to remove this ad

Page 141 of 472 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 7072

Thread: Official NBA thread

Re: Official NBA thread

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;509126;
    My post wasn't confrontational or dismissive at all. Emmz said something stupid about Jonny Flynn, so I responded to it. There was literally no need for you to make that post whatsoever.
    So that's not confrontational? Jonny Flynn was billed to be some guy who's going to score 20 a game. It's easy to score 14 PPG when you're on this team, because there's no one else on this team. You have no idea how much he was hyped in Minnesota, so I think that your dismissive post was completely unnecessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Jonny Flynn is 20 years old. Jonny Flynn played 2 years of college. Jonny Flynn is not a freak like LeBron James. Great college players do not always transfer over to the NBA (see: Michael Beasley). The Wolves are awful anyways, they won't smell the better side of .500 anytime soon, so it's not like his supposed underachievement is hampering the entire team and barring them from something special.

And I have no idea how much he was hyped in Minnesota? I have 2 buddies who go to UM who turned into Wolves fans when they went up there. They heard all the hype too, but they're not disappointed in his play at all. They think he's been everything a 20 year old PG who needs to develop his shooting and defense on a bad team should be. There's a difference between listening to everything the media says and taking it as "the word", and having real expectations. It's called media literacy.

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;509126;
    My post wasn't confrontational or dismissive at all. Emmz said something stupid about Jonny Flynn, so I responded to it. There was literally no need for you to make that post whatsoever.
    Saying that another poster said something stupid serves no purpose. If you don't agree with an opinion, just say so. And state why you feel that way. Otherwise don't say anything.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

I agree that he's playing well, but he hasn't matched the hype. My expectations of him weren't as high, because I'm a part T-Wolves fan, and I'm pretty pessimistic about the team, so naturally, I question any hype of any college players coming to Minnesota.

I don't consider my expectations, though, to be the ones that everyone goes by. My expectations are just that, and as far as I was concerned, I thought he'd be just another Minnesota bust. His 14 PPG is fine and dandy, but it's not that hard for anyone to score 14 PPG on the Wolves, because we pretty much have no offense on the team. He also has a pretty poor FG%, the second lowest in the starting five.
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

So you're going to label him a bust before you see how he develops and what he can turn into with time, coaching, and hopefully getting more talent around him?

No, it was a poor choice of words, although I've meant he was a bust so far, as in, not lived up to universal expectations. I'm not saying he's a bust overall. You really can't tell until at least given a year or two of NBA experience. Not even Ryan Leaf was a bust through a quarter of a season.

Which brings me back to my media literacy point. You can't take everything the media says and take it as truth.

Nope, and I agree with you on that. My expectations=/=Media expectations.

Jonny Flynn may not have met your expectations (I don't know what they could have been; he's six foot nothing), but he's hardly a bust. For a rookie on a bad team, he's played pretty well.
    And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper;509207;
    Jonny Flynn may not have met your expectations (I don't know what they could have been; he's six foot nothing), but he's hardly a bust. For a rookie on a bad team, he's played pretty well.
    Scoring numbers for rookies on bad teams can often go up from what they'd be on a better team, so I don't know if that's entirely accurate. Also, I never said my expectations were higher, I typically don't have high expectations for the T-Wolves, or their draft picks. However, the expectations across Minnesota were that he was supposed to be some kind of instant savior. As it stands, he's not the best player on our team, and he's not the best rookie in basketball. Many believed he was the most NBA-ready, in fact, most people had him as their ROY pick.

Personally, I never bought into the hype. I really don't care for the Wolves, they completely set me off when they traded away Garnett, my favorite basketball player of all time, and by far the greatest T-Wolves player of all time. That, and when they fired Flip Saunders, in favor of what they ended up with. Flip was a good coach, he brought us to the playoffs ever year, and since he's been gone, we've never had a winning record. We lose our first game, and fill the remainder of our games with a bunch of losses too.

Terrible franchise, I really don't think Minnesota could care less about them anymore.

I gave up on the Bulls a long time ago. Such a boring team.
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

lol awesome game just happened. Deron Williams gets hurt for the Jazz, some rookie named Sundiata Gaines comes into the game, scores 9 points in 9 minutes including a game winning buzzer beater to defeat the Cavs.

I hope Gerald Wallace makes the All-Star team. I've always liked him. Solid two-way player. A poor man's Scottie Pippen, but that's a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44;517720;
    lol awesome game just happened. Deron Williams gets hurt for the Jazz, some rookie named Sundiata Gaines comes into the game, scores 9 points in 9 minutes including a game winning buzzer beater to defeat the Cavs.
    Saw that. I remember Gaines from Georgia.

What a shot.

Gains looks like my friends dad. He also sucks, he doesn't have any tattoos.