Register now to remove this ad

Page 11 of 472 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NBA thread

Re: Official NBA thread

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    In other news, KG wants out of Minnesota. Top frontrunners are NYC and Golden State.
    Kg wants out? That's such a rumour, he even denied it. It's been making news everywhere. I swear, the media is so gay these days. Not that there's anything wrong with that

Oh, and at sox fan, LMAO!!! You basically beat around the fact that you came in and contributed shit to this topic. Stop ruining the topic, I'll let you get your last shot in, but back on topic.

Kevin Garnett is to spendy for ANY team. He's worth more than Shaq, even though Shaq's paid more, Kevin Garnett is the complete package. He's the best, he's awesome, he can stop anyone, he's one of those VERY few PF's that plays somewhat good, and doesn't get shut down by Tim Duncan. If Minnesota had more options and a better coach, KG would be so unstoppable, it wouldn't be cool. Garnett could slaughter TD with a barrage of Hook shots, dunks, mid rangers and tear drops.
    Marcus Camby 4 Defensive POTY!!!

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by JimBrown32 View Post
    Oh, and at sox fan, LMAO!!! You basically beat around the fact that you came in and contributed shit to this topic. Stop ruining the topic, I'll let you get your last shot
    He's contributed a lot of good things to this board.

He's contributed a lot of good things to this board.
    I was talking about this topic, he didn't have to go run around and post "Who cares about the Lakers" that's not needed, we can talk about who we want, it's the NBA topic. Can we get back on topic. Like I said, you can get your shot back at me.

Major Leaguer

KoMe Bryant.

HAHAHAAH VEEERRRYYY FUNNY! How long it take you to come up with that jem?:clap:

We'll see if Phillip can right this ship or just sit there with the same smug pose as usual...
    Though I do find it funny that a Clipper fan has the nerve to get first in line to take his shots against the Lakers. The Clippers have the best start in the history of their pathetic organization...an organization that is synonymous with failure and humilation and you seem incapable of having class and acting like you've been there before...o wait, you haven't nevermind.

As for everyone else in the league taking their shots...well we had a great run crushing everyone else in the early kobe-shaq years and i'll take it. These things are cyclical and if that yes-man buffoon kupchak doesn't turn it around and surround kobe with better players, Buss sure as hell will not stand for it when the season ticket holders balk at paying one of the highest $$$ in the league to watch scrubs play with Kobe.
    "Think for yourself.
    Question authority."
    -Timothy Leary

All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by eZ_d0eS_iT? View Post
    We'll see if Phillip can right this ship or just sit there with the same smug pose as usual... Though I do find it funny that a Clipper fan has the nerve to get first in line to take his shots against the Lakers. The Clippers have the best start in the history of their pathetic organization...an organization that is synonymous with failure and humilation and you seem incapable of having class and acting like you've been there before...o wait, you haven't nevermind.
    Why are you being arrogant? I don't hate the Lakers (EDIT: Just their myopic and anti-Clipper fans). I'm just a Clipper fan.

HAHAHAAH VEEERRRYYY FUNNY! How long it take you to come up with that jem?:clap:

We'll see if Phillip can right this ship or just sit there with the same smug pose as usual...
    Though I do find it funny that a Clipper fan has the nerve to get first in line to take his shots against the Lakers. The Clippers have the best start in the history of their pathetic organization...an organization that is synonymous with failure and humilation and you seem incapable of having class and acting like you've been there before...o wait, you haven't nevermind.

As for everyone else in the league taking their shots...well we had a great run crushing everyone else in the early kobe-shaq years and i'll take it. These things are cyclical and if that yes-man buffoon kupchak doesn't turn it around and surround kobe with better players, Buss sure as hell will not stand for it when the season ticket holders balk at paying one of the highest $$$ in the league to watch scrubs play with Kobe.
    Last time I the Clippers were doing ALOT better than the Lakers, don't be an idiot. Last time I checked the Clippers were 8-2, a god record. You have to look at today, and the future, not the past. Your arrogant talk has just been stuffed right back up your ass. Like before, you can't seem to make a strong argument. This coming from the dude who made the contradiction of saying I had a bad Quote in my sig, yet you had your little Tyrone Buggums deal. You're so sad, if you want to make a strong argument, do it, we're just talking about how the Lakers suck, and they do, but you just talked down on a team that's 8-2!?!?!? WTF, that's like the third best in the league besides 8-1 (Detroit) and San Antonio's 9-2 start. How is Kwame Brown, Lamar Odom and Smush Parker scrubs, they're playing very well, just Kobe's trying to dominate the entire game, he's at 30 ppg now because he's selfish, and has a big ego. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBrown32 View Post
    Then stop spaming and start posting stuff we can read, we happened to be talking about the Lakers. If you don't like them well do you want a cookie? A Parade? A Kissie?

You know, you could atleast say something worth 2 lines and about basketball, we talk about whatever team we want, we happen to be talking about the shitiness of the Lakers. So what if you know nothing about basketball, doesn't mean you have to come in here and piss and moan about how we talk about the Lakers. We're "Hating" on the Lakers. Either contribute to the topic, or STFU.
    Watch yourself on this on Jimmy. This isn't a guy to fight with. He's contributing his feeling for the Lakers. Nothing more, who cares...let the man speak. That was just saying in a short sentence that he dislikes the Lakers and they suck, and no-one cares about them in Boston. Don't forget that the Lakers and Celtics have had a long history of NOT liking each other. Pick your battles more wisely next time bro. Trust me, this is the wrong guy.

Your right Rick, most on here have your back, and I am one of them.
    I don't ever wanna see the Red and Blues again. :blink:

Super Moderator

Yep, Rick has done more good to this site than maybe any of us combined have done. Well, Yeszir made it, but Rick's generosity is above and beyond. I have his back too....

That being said, I hate LA too. I hate the Lakers. Sure, what they've accomplished is great, but it's true that in Boston anyone will poop on someone for mentioning the Lakers.

But let's talk about today. The Cavs have definitely impressed me. Larry Hughes gives Lebron some help on the floor and takes a lot of the weight of carrying the team off of his shoulders. Larry is a solid threat with his shot, and that's the reason we have seen Lebron develop the way he has. I was watching the C's game last night, and I noticed a no look pass from Lebron which was beautiful and split 2 C's defenders. I remember Lebron trying to win the game for himself the past 2 years, but now he's matured and understands that he has to wait for the game "to come to him," if you know what I mean... He's letting other guys make the plays for him, while at the same time making some for himself. The Cavs are definitely one of the strongest in the East, behind the Pistons. They will definitely make a huge run this year.

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks View Post
    Yep, Rick has done more good to this site than maybe any of us combined have done. Well, Yeszir made it, but Rick's generosity is above and beyond. I have his back too....

That being said, I hate LA too. I hate the Lakers. Sure, what they've accomplished is great, but it's true that in Boston anyone will poop on someone for mentioning the Lakers.

But let's talk about today. The Cavs have definitely impressed me. Larry Hughes gives Lebron some help on the floor and takes a lot of the weight of carrying the team off of his shoulders. Larry is a solid threat with his shot, and that's the reason we have seen Lebron develop the way he has. I was watching the C's game last night, and I noticed a no look pass from Lebron which was beautiful and split 2 C's defenders. I remember Lebron trying to win the game for himself the past 2 years, but now he's matured and understands that he has to wait for the game "to come to him," if you know what I mean... He's letting other guys make the plays for him, while at the same time making some for himself. The Cavs are definitely one of the strongest in the East, behind the Pistons. They will definitely make a huge run this year.
    True Larry is a very big help to LeBron, BUT his shot is not a danger. 27.9% from three last year is not anything to be shaking in your boots about. That being sad, Hughes is a playmaker who can get his own shot (more likely its a lay-up) or set up his teammates. Hughes give Cleveland 2 playmakers which takes the pressure off LeBron to try to make something work when nothings there. I agree Schill, the Cavs are a solid team in the East and are a force and are on a GREAT winning streak.

Major Leaguer

ROFL!

First off, I'm not a Clipper hater, just not a fan. My motto has always been to each their own. But after all the Laker bashing (believe me I understand given this is a RED SOX forum there are a lot of bitter Celtic and other East Coast teams with grudges) I felt I had to take up for my team. Second of all, I'm not the biggest or most passionate basketball fan, in fact, thats why I joined a BASEBALL forum in the first place...but I digress, I have no problem admitting the team is going through a tough transition and most nights suck, but I have faith within a year or 2 max, we will turn it around. We have always managed to turn it around. In the meantime, I have every right to be as critical of front office blunders, coaching mistakes and poor player performances and do not begrudge others their shots.

As far as Jim over there, well I guess he got tired of getting owned by everyone in his sad little arguments on the 'chicago sucks' thread and still feels the need to prove how little he truly knows about sports. Lets see...history is irrelevant, hmm, given the only success the Clippers had was when they just made the playoffs under Larry Brown. I'm not a hater and 8-2 is great, hell I wish we were 8-2, but this is ONLY 10 GAMES IN. Lets see their record at the all-star break, or even where they are at by playoff time.

The Los Angeles Lakers are one of the most successful franchises in all of professional sports, this club has won currently 14 NBA championships, including 5 in the 1980s, and in2000, 2001, and 2002 and leads the NBA with a record of 27 appearances in the NBA Finals to date.

God brown you're such a fucking tard...is that the best you can bring up? I don't know what I'm talking about because I had a quote in my sig. from a sketch comedy tv show? Way to shove my 'arguments' up my ass...:wtf: and showcase your vitriolic nonsensical babble to everyone else who doesn't agree with your immature opinions. :thumbsup:
    "Think for yourself.
    Question authority."
    -Timothy Leary

All-Star

Lets see...history is irrelevant, hmm, given the only success the Clippers had was when they just made the playoffs under Larry Brown. I'm not a hater and 8-2 is great, hell I wish we were 8-2, but this is ONLY 10 GAMES IN. Lets see their record at the all-star break, or even where they are at by playoff time.
    Point taken. It's only 10 games and Clipper fans shoudn't be overhyped by this great start. The Clippers have a history of injuries during the course of a season. But this is a different team, Mobley and Cassell have the veteran leadership, which in the past, the Clippers didn't have. They sure can close out games. If you have a good history, it's good to look back at it. But if it's bad, you have to ignore it. That's the difference.

I just have to say that most Laker fans' myopia is like the Yankee fans' myopia once their team is struggling.

Major Leaguer

Point taken. It's only 10 games and Clipper fans shoudn't be overhyped by this great start. The Clippers have a history of injuries during the course of a season. But this is a different team, Mobley and Cassell have the veteran leadership, which in the past, the Clippers didn't have. They sure can close out games. If you have a good history, it's good to look back at it. But if it's bad, you have to ignore it. That's the difference.

I just have to say that most Laker fans' myopia is like the Yankee fans' myopia once their team is struggling.

true. on all accounts, but can you blame us, we've been spoiled for a long time and I (can't speak for other fans) have a hard time accepting mediocrity and is not in denial about the state of my teams. Unlike the other sheep out here who blindly continue to go to chavez latrine and watch minor leaguers and head cases, I refuse to give my money to a team that turns its back on its fans and I will remain critical and boycott said teams until changes are made.
    "Think for yourself.
    Question authority."
    -Timothy Leary

ROFL!

First off, I'm not a Clipper hater, just not a fan. My motto has always been to each their own. But after all the Laker bashing (believe me I understand given this is a RED SOX forum there are a lot of bitter Celtic and other East Coast teams with grudges) I felt I had to take up for my team. Second of all, I'm not the biggest or most passionate basketball fan, in fact, thats why I joined a BASEBALL forum in the first place...but I digress, I have no problem admitting the team is going through a tough transition and most nights suck, but I have faith within a year or 2 max, we will turn it around. We have always managed to turn it around. In the meantime, I have every right to be as critical of front office blunders, coaching mistakes and poor player performances and do not begrudge others their shots.

As far as Jim over there, well I guess he got tired of getting owned by everyone in his sad little arguments on the 'chicago sucks' thread and still feels the need to prove how little he truly knows about sports. Lets see...history is irrelevant, hmm, given the only success the Clippers had was when they just made the playoffs under Larry Brown. I'm not a hater and 8-2 is great, hell I wish we were 8-2, but this is ONLY 10 GAMES IN. Lets see their record at the all-star break, or even where they are at by playoff time.

The Los Angeles Lakers are one of the most successful franchises in all of professional sports, this club has won currently 14 NBA championships, including 5 in the 1980s, and in2000, 2001, and 2002 and leads the NBA with a record of 27 appearances in the NBA Finals to date.

God brown you're such a fucking tard...is that the best you can bring up? I don't know what I'm talking about because I had a quote in my sig. from a sketch comedy tv show? Way to shove my 'arguments' up my ass...:wtf: and showcase your vitriolic nonsensical babble to everyone else who doesn't agree with your immature opinions. :thumbsup:
    Owned, by who? You can't mean yourself, because you haven't owned anyone yet thus far. You've just made dumbass points that I could easily shove up your ass. Like your little sigs with Biggums and your evil monkey. And you say my Ty Cobb was stupid, way'da contradict yourself buddy!!! :thumbsup:

As far as to your other immature arrogant, and rather iggnorant comments, all I have to say is that you obviously don't watch basketball. My immature opinions? You're the arrogant little fucker who's always talking down, I do it to, but atleast I have to balls to say I'm sorry, something that you could never do. You're arrogant, ignorant and you really don't know a shit from a piss in the world of baseball nor, I guess, basketball.

3-8.....this has been a tough 3 year span for NewYorkers...if its not the Yankees choking, its the Jets, and if not the Jets, then the Knicks....:thumbdown

I really do hope that Larry Brown can get my Knicks back into it, and make a playoff push, I've learned to understand defeat in Football and Basketball, so winning with them would be a nice surprise

Quote Originally Posted by RedRuffing15 View Post
    3-8.....this has been a tough 3 year span for NewYorkers...if its not the Yankees choking, its the Jets, and if not the Jets, then the Knicks....:thumbdown

I really do hope that Larry Brown can get my Knicks back into it, and make a playoff push, I've learned to understand defeat in Football and Basketball, so winning with them would be a nice surprise
    We'll give you Kurt Thomas for Quentin Richardson and Nate Robinson. :lol: