Register now to remove this ad

Page 102 of 472 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 7072

Thread: Official NBA thread

Legend

Re: Official NBA thread

Hard to say what's wrong with Denver. I think 'Melo and AI are getting some chemistry.

If the supporting cast comes to play they're a very good team. When it's all 'Melo and AI they're terrible.

Unfortunately, when you don't play defense, you're capable of giving up runs to let teams back in games, which they've done a lot of. I heard a stat that if games ended after three quarters, the Nuggets would be, like, 39-17.

I think if they can string together some wins they'll get better and better.

Terrible fourth quarter team.
    ""There are no asterisks in this life, only scoreboards... and ours is currently reading 'fucked'." -- Ari Gold, Entourage

All-Star

Don't look now, but the C's have won 4 in a row.

All-Star

A photo of Davis and Blount embracing was posted in Boston's locker room before Saturday's game. Celtics coach Doc Rivers said before the game he wasn't sure who posted the photo, but hoped it would serve as motivation.

It did.
    http://www.boston.com/sports/basketb..._in_double_ot/

wanna stab blunt and davis fuck them niggas seriously

HOLY sh*t.

Thats all I can say about this game.

Gomes had the best game of his career. Gerald hit a big jumper towards the end of the 4th. Delonte was huge in the 4th and both overtimes.

Wow. Glad we pulled that one out.

It's great to see that we can win games without shooting amazingly. Al is really starting to gain some respect as he was being doubles more often than Paul. He was manhandinling that faggot Mark Blunt and my boy Craig Smith down in the post. He's really come a long way with his defense too. He's going to be great for us for years to come.

Kudos to Doc for keeping Gerald in down the stretch. He really needs to play in situations like that, and even though he didn't see the ball much, he did hit a huge shot.

Delonte looks like he can be another good player for us down the stretch in games in the future. Maybe a 2nd/3rd option down the stretch after Paul/Al? The kid has got balls of steel and hit like 8 ginormous free throws in the 4th and OT.

Scalabrine. As much as he sucks I love having him on the roster. He was helping a lot in timeouts apparently today with defense, and in 2OT when KG was beasting us off the switch on the pick, he came in and guarded KG and stopped him. He just manned up, read the spin move and forced a tough shot, which is exactly what Scal needs to do when he's in there.

And Gomes. Wow I love Gomes. Best game of the career today. His shot was falling. He was a beast on the boards. Weak side, strong side, long ones, tough ones, he was pulling down some huge ones. This kid is really going to be a valuable asset for us in the future. Great job off the bench Ryan.

And kudos for the 2nd unit in the first half with Powe, Rondo, Green, Perk, and Gomes. Their shots weren't falling, but they were playing great defense and kept us ahead in the game. I think that's going to be the most overlooked part.

Not sure if anyone else heard it, but Tommy and Mike had a pretty funny joke. When Ricky was fouled on the three that Violet Palmer called a 2, Tommy was like "That was clearly a 3 not a 2, bad call Violet." Then Mike goes "Ask Max about that one." Hhahahahahahahah that was hilarious.

Great game. I had tickets. PISSED I couldn't go because of my knee.

I went as a non-partisan bystander. (thank you YH). Very entertaining game got way more than my money's worth, which would be 0 dollars. Hudson really impressed me today for Minnesota, I thought he was over the hill. Ricky and Blount trashtalking the crowd and the Celtics at times was probably the most entertaining part of the game. The crowd was definitely against Blount, gave Ricky a decent ovation during the starting lineups , but I'd say they turned against him by the end of the game. Justin Reed well his standing with the Celtic crowd is up for debate. Funniest part probably 20 seconds in Violet calls Perk for a questionable foul call and literally I could hear 8 people from around the arena in unison yell "GET BACK IN THE KITCHEN". Well played game between 2 shitty teams, and if this winning streak causes the Celtics not to get Durant or Oden I will be pissed because I would love to be able to just watch all of their games because they are in my local area and witness the development of either one of those players (especially Durant, but if they've got the number 1 pick they gotta pick Oden). I'm just hoping they don't get one of the Wrights or Noah or someone like that.

the Mavs have done something that's never been accomplished by any team in any sport in history: win 51 of 56 games. Never been done in the NFL, NHL, MLB, or NBA

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules;228813;
    the Mavs have done something that's never been accomplished by any team in any sport in history: win 51 of 56 games. Never been done in the NFL, NHL, MLB, or NBA
    It'd be really tough to do that in the NFL

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;228968;
    It'd be really tough to do that in the NFL
    :lol: I was just about to say that...

really? hmmm if you add 4 season's together it equals 64.. so yeah its possible .. but i agree with kilo it would be tough to win 51 of 55 games in the NFL

BTW did it say in one season in my post? no so :harhar:

Super Moderator

Your WORST season during that stretch would have to be an 11-5 season.

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxrules;228813;
    Congrats to them.

The 1971-72 Lakers went 2-4 after their 33-game winning streak and started off the season 6-3. If Dallas doesn't win the title this year, whoever beats them will have scored one of the biggest upsets in the NBA and possibly all sports.
    Gil Hodges for the HOF

Quote Originally Posted by Rodney Harrison;228974;
    Congrats to them.

The 1971-72 Lakers went 2-4 after their 33-game winning streak and started off the season 6-3. If Dallas doesn't win the title this year, whoever beats them will have scored one of the biggest upsets in the NBA and possibly all sports.
    i know they better fucking win!!

Quote Originally Posted by schillingouttheks;228973;
    Your WORST season during that stretch would have to be an 11-5 season.
    but technicaly its possible right ?

Super Moderator

Uh sure..technically..