Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A-Rod's mom gives in his ALDS absence note

A-Rod's mom gives in his ALDS absence note

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/4997394

SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic (AP) - Alex Rodriguez played poorly in the Yankees' American League division series loss in part because he was saddened by the death of the uncle who raised him, the slugger's mother said in an interview published in a local newspaper Sunday.

Lourdes Navarro said her son kept the Sept. 30 death of his uncle to himself because he was committed to helping his team win.

"I think he should speak with the team and tell them that his uncle, who was like his father because he raised him since he was 8, died in a hospital in Miami," Navarro told Listin daily newspaper.

Navarro didn't say what caused the death of Augusto Bolivar Navarro, who was her last surviving brother.

Rodriquez, a shortstop, was hitless in Monday's 5-3 loss to the Anaheim Angels that sent the Yankees home for the year, and finished the five-game series with no RBIs and a .133 batting average.

"I know how much he suffered from the death of his uncle without being able to do anything, from listening to me crying and not being able to be there," she said, suggesting some New York fans were being unfair to her son.

"I would like ... for the baseball fans to know that my son is a great human being, that they're seeing a human and not a robot, that he can fail, especially when there are reasons like this," she said.

Navarro said Rodriquez spoke with his uncle for three hours by phone the day before he died.

"We buried him in Santo Domingo...(Rodriguez) didn't come because of the high sense of responsibility that Alex has for his work," she said.

Rodriguez, baseball's only $25 million-a-year player, batted .321 during the regular season, with 48 homers and 130 RBIs.
    Say what you will, that can impact a person. Ask Roger Clemens after his mom died. I've been giving him more of a break lately, and with this info I'll be easier on him.
    9-11-01 FDNYPD We will not forget.
    Just because it's a rivalry doesn't mean you need to make retarded arguments.

Re: A-Rod's mom gives in his ALDS absence note

Horribly sad, and understandable that he had his mind elsewhere.
    I don't ever wanna see the Red and Blues again. :blink:

Evil Emperor

I TRY to not get on a player too much (been pretty unsuccessful lately, i admit) when they struggle and fail because you never know whats going on in their personal lives. Like when I played ball for my school before I got hurt, there were always a lot of expectations for me and I didnt meet them due to personal reasons, so I try to be compassionate. but like I said, this October has sidetracked me from that.

Major Leaguer

Very sad, and makes Donlad Trump look like an even bigger horses ass.
    The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are:
    "Why is it doing that?",
    "Where the hell are we?"
    and "Oh Shit!"

Quote Originally Posted by BoSox84 View Post
    What did Trump say? I didn't catch it...

Evil Emperor

Yo Donald Trump is the fucking Man!!!

Major Leaguer

Something like A-rod only shows up in games played from april to septmber. Maybe some one knows it exactly. Now you need to cinsider the source, Trump probably knows as much about baseball as I do about real estate
    "Why is it doing that?",
    "Where the hell are we?"
    and "Oh Shit!"

Quote Originally Posted by 26 to 6 View Post
    Yo Donald Trump is the fucking Man!!!
    Because of his money or his wife? Or Both?

Something like A-rod only shows up in games played from april to septmber. Maybe some one knows it exactly. Now you need to cinsider the source, Trump probably knows as much about baseball as I do about real estate
    He acts like he knows alot about baseball. And isn't he a Yankee fan? Probably disgruntled...:dunno:

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Goes Boom View Post
    He acts like he knows alot about baseball. And isn't he a Yankee fan? Probably disgruntled...:dunno:
    Last season he said Kaz Matsui (A Met) was a bust, so I tink he just "roots" for both NY teams, which I dont think you can do.
    "Why is it doing that?",
    "Where the hell are we?"
    and "Oh Shit!"

Evil Emperor

Last season he said Kaz Matsui (A Met) was a bust, so I tink he just "roots" for both NY teams, which I dont think you can do.
    why not, i do it?

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by Manny Goes Boom View Post
    Because of his money or his wife? Or Both?
    both of those, and he's a successful New Yorker ...and yea, he is a Yankee fan

I dont really take Trump that seriously outside of his show. As for A-Rod as time goes on I'm starting to get over A-Rod's failure in this postseason.
    Gabe Kapler is full of heart and determination:
    http://nomaas.org/images/kaplerftl.gif
    :lol:

Power, Pride, Pinstripes

damn, and I was really coping well by focusing my hatred on ARod, now I gotta find another venue for my frustrations. Maybe Red Sox fans can give me a few pointers =P Ahhh who am I kidding, I been dealing with this BS for the last 4 years, you'd think I would be better at it by now

Funny, given that Trump's biggest athletic achievement in life has been moving a pencil and firing people for entertainment on television. He's made it 'cool' to want to fire people and make their lives difficult. How is that entertaining? How is that 'cool'? If you are entertained by watching someone's life go into a tailspin by witnessing their failure to maintain employment, then you were laughing at the poor people in New Orleans who lost their jobs as well. In that case, you are scum.

Kind of gives perspective to the meaning of 'critique'. Trump isn't qualified to critique my bowel movement.

As for A-Rod, I am sorry to hear about him losing a relative that he cared deeply for. I hope his family can have his comfort now. He's a human being, and anything we've said on the board refers to the 'baseball a-rod'. I am sure no one in their rational mind would wish anything upon him or his family of this nature. I am very sorry to hear that his family has been devastated by a death of someone who meant a lot to them.
    I hate the Yankees. I hate the Cubs. I hate Yankees fans, Cubs fans, New York Rangers Fans, and the Red Wings. I hate cold weather, cowards, foreign cars, my neighbors, your neighbors, 3 dollar-a-gallon gasoline, free tv and Tim McCarver.

I am