Register now to remove this ad

Thread: True Yankee, huh?

Arrow True Yankee, huh?

The postseason: The time of year NOT to go 3-for-16 and ground into a double play when it matters most aka the 9th inning with the game on the line. Thanks for giving me another laugh A-Rod, because at bats like that one in Anaheim are why they pay you the big bucks. :lol:

P.S. still 2000.

Super Moderator

Re: True Yankee, huh?

Hahahahahaahhaahhahahahah!!!! SFiT, you make my day. A-Rod was terrible. I know I was smiling along with all Bostonians when I saw him GIDP. LOVE IT.

Also forgot to mention what else I think of A-Rod:

MVP! MVP! MVP! MVP! MVP!

BWAHAHAHAHAHA! What an overpayed joke. :lol:

Fenway Resident

dating back to the alcs against the sox in 2004, arod is batting under .200 in the playoffs
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Kill yourself.

(directed to A-Rod)
    9-11-01 FDNYPD We will not forget.
    Just because it's a rivalry doesn't mean you need to make retarded arguments.

Yea, him and Matsui did pretty ba.....horrible in the ALDS

a-rod has yet to perform well in his playoff stint with the yankees, which is where it counts, including a mediocre 3 for 16 this year in the ALDS (with no rbi's), All this after his subpar performnace in last year's ALCS; we all know how that went. So my question to you: is he really worth the 252 million dollars?

Quote Originally Posted by yankeessuck013
    is he really worth the 252 million dollars?
    Absolutely...in April, May, June, July, August, and September.

Without performance in those months, there are no playoffs.
    When we are born, we cry, that we are come
    To this great stage of fools.

I think you mean 25.2 million dollars, no, no one is. NOT ONE PLAYER IS WORTH 25 MILLION, no one is even worth 20 million, I think the most one player could be worth in HISTORY is 15 million, Babe Ruth. They're having fun, sure, they deserve money for their hard work, but the thing is that they make too much. 15 million is plenty to buy fancy cars girls houses and all sorts of shit, it's an outrage that people make so much. When Babe Ruth played in 1927, he wasn't even the highest paid player on his TEAM. It's so dumb, people bitch and complain about making 14.6 million dollars ;Cough; Latrell Sprewell ;Cough; anyway, it's an outrage in ALL sports. The highest paid sports player is Shaquille O'Neal, 32.4 million dollars a year. That means he makes like 100 dollars taking a shit in the bathroom. Or 300 dollars having sex or whatever, it's sick.
    Marcus Camby 4 Defensive POTY!!!

He's not worth $252 million, but no ballplayers are worth what they make. Not one. However, I still think he will contribute to this team's success. Remember, we aren't here without Alex by a long shot.
    9-11-01 FDNYPD We will not forget.
    Just because it's a rivalry doesn't mean you need to make retarded arguments.