Register now to remove this ad

Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Anything new you want to see?

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Re: Anything new you want to see?

If it's really that important to you, you can go ahead and think that.

I know I'm funny, I know lots of people here think I am, and in the end knowing that I am liked by anyone I consider relevant is more than enough. I have my friends here, I know who they are, they know who they are. For the people I merely tolerate or actively dislike, the opinions mean about as much to me as the words of anyone named Stienbrenner.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Unfortunately a 'more advanced' ignore system doesn't exist for vbulletin.

Weird. I'd imagine it'd be incredibly easy code to write.

To a new hosting service!!!! j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios;615623;
    Weird. I'd imagine it'd be incredibly easy code to write.
    I don't think so. Especially to get around the quoting issue. Posts are stored as plain text basically in a SQL database, an advanced ignore system would have to dynamically read all posts and remove quotes from specific usernames. I think it would be server intensive. I'll keep looking around but I think an easier solution would be for me to ban annoying members who keep rehashing old fights.

Now that I think about it, you're probably right. I was thinking that because there is already code for ignore, you could just delete the window instead of making it pop-up, but in order to make ignore work both ways, you'd have to have an ignored list to go along with each ignore list. Plus, if a post is deleted from your view, then it would have to reset posts counts, and also quotes... It would take more clever thinking than I thought.Clearly, my programming skills are getting rusty at this job.

I'm new here and wondering if there is a baseball history section somewhere on this site?

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pesky fan;619609;
    I'm new here and wondering if there is a baseball history section somewhere on this site?
    Yeah, his name is a700hitter.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;619614;
    Yeah, his name is a700hitter.

So you're tellin'me that a700hitter is the history section? :lol: There's gotta be more than just him/her?

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

He's been around since the Negro Leagues in 1920. Anything you need to know after the roaring twenties and he'll tell you. He's like our very own encyclopedia.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;619622;
    He's been around since the Negro Leagues in 1920. Anything you need to know after the roaring twenties and he'll tell you. He's like our very own encyclopedia.
    Thank you, RedSoxfanforlife305 ... that is good to know. So he may have information on things like ... when was the first Sunday game played at Fenway Park?

Baseball history section......google?

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir;619626;
    Baseball history section......google?
    baseball-reference.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305;619622;
    You're selling him short. He shook hands with Alexander Cartwright, who posts here today under the name Spudboy.

Whoops, he didn't want me to give you that information.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar

Haha.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.