• Roger Clemens

5 27.78%
  • Roy oswalt

0 0%
  • other

0 0%

Thread: NL cy young

NL cy young

I say willis. He leads in shutouts, wins and he's 3rd in ERA. Why the hell should carpenter win? The cards give him a lot of support thats why he wins.

Re: NL cy young

It should be Willis but they will give it to Carpenter because hes on the Cards.
    Gabe Kapler is full of heart and determination:
    http://nomaas.org/images/kaplerftl.gif
    :lol:

I dont really know who should win, but I want D-Train to win badly, he has been my favorite MLB player since... a long time. I would love for the Sox to get him... too bad the Marlins wont give him away.

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan#1
    I say willis. He leads in shutouts, wins and he's 3rd in ERA. Why the hell should carpenter win? The cards give him a lot of support thats why he wins.
    Yeah because a 2.83 ERA should be attributed all to the Card offense.

Carpenter has been the most consistant starter in the National League all year. If Clemens hadn't fallen out it would have been him but it's gotta be Carpenter.
    "These guys need to make a descision right now, are they gonna be winners? Or are they gonna be like Alex Rodriguez?" -Dickie V during Pitt vs. Uconn

Major Leaguer

Consistant? I didnt he fall apart in his last 5-7 starts. D-train should get it.
    The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are:
    "Why is it doing that?",
    "Where the hell are we?"
    and "Oh Shit!"

Willis.
    I don't ever wanna see the Red and Blues again. :blink:

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213
    I dont really know who should win, but I want D-Train to win badly, he has been my favorite MLB player since... a long time. I would love for the Sox to get him... too bad the Marlins wont give him away.
    Hes been your favorite play since a long time? He just came into the league May of 03, hasnt been that long has it?

lol im just bustin your balls.

Evil Emperor

My choice would be Clemens. But im sure that you guys could have predicted that by my avatar and how I speak of him on this forum.

Reason He Should Win It
    The reason being is that he has had great numbers, he was UNTOUCHABLE up until his mom died. And he's an idol of mine.

I think all of the reasons I gave are seriously valid, except of coarse the last one.

Reason He Won't Win It
    This is pretty much like what happened last year to Randy Johnson. Rog' beat him out because of wins despite the fact that Randy had a supurb season. But honestly, because of what happened last year I dont think he should get it. From a nuetral standpoint setting aside my love of Roger I can tell you right now that he shouldn't get it. I have no idea who gets it. I think both Carpenter and Willis deserbe it. I say Carpenter deserves it more because his team is in the playoffs while Dontrelle's is not. But Dontrelle has been the better pitcher. But if we give it to who the best pitcher has been then we might as well give it to Roger. So I think if I had a vote it would have to go to carpenter

Side Note: In fairness to Andy Pettitte should be up on the poll over Oswalt. I dont have them in front of me, but if you look at the numbers he's right there with everybody and is argueably having his career year. I dont think he gets it because he's been overshadowed by Roger, but he is as deserving as the other candidates.

All-Star

I think it's gotta go to Willis...Carpenter has been awful in September, and Willis has been great the whole year. Clemens has put up great numbers, but the fact is that Willis and Carpenter have both gone much further into games then Roger. And I'm not biased...Roger is my favorite pitcher of all time.

Roger "Rocket" Clemens
    "Right now, somewhere in New York, an eight-year-old kid is wondering if the Yankees will win a championship in his lifetime" - (Updated version of) Bill Simmons

Best pitcher in the second half, Andy Pettitte!
    9-11-01 FDNYPD We will not forget.
    Just because it's a rivalry doesn't mean you need to make retarded arguments.

Evil Emperor

Quote Originally Posted by ARod2212
    Best pitcher in the second half, Andy Pettitte!
    Without a doubt the best pitcher in the second half, and a legite candidate, but I highly doubt he gets it, like I said before, he's been too overshadowed by Rog.

Major Leaguer

ditto! nothing new to add except that i'll give carpenter his due by putting together a career year, but stick him on any other team, or put willis in card rotation and i guaratee willis would have won more games, while carpenter on marlins would struggle to get to 17 wins. at best, carpenter would be neck and neck with clemens in voting consideration with dontrelle the clear winner by a landslide.
    "Think for yourself.
    Question authority."
    -Timothy Leary

I'd go the other way on that. In fact Carpenter may be the most important player to the Cards' success. With his injuries in the past years, he hasn't been able to contribute, but now, I guess we'll see.
    "Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." - Satchel Paige

A Click a Day

Banned

Willis has been the most consistent pitcher in the NL and should win it. Carpenter stopped throwing between his starts in september so he could stay healthy in the playoffs and he didn't pitch well all september. Willis has a better ERA, just as many shutouts and more wins, I don't know what the K's are like off the top of my head but if willis is anywhere near carpenter or better you have to give it to him.