Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heartless bitch

Major Leaguer

Re: Ouch! (The Clement Thread)

ESPN
    ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Boston pitcher Matt Clement was released from a hospital Wednesday, less than 24 hours after being hit in the side of the head by a line drive that knocked him off his feet.

"The results of a second CT scan taken this morning were also negative, and Matt was released from the hospital this afternoon," Red Sox medical director Dr. Thomas Gill said in a statement released before the club played Tampa Bay in the finale of a three-game series.

Gill said the 30-year-old All-Star would accompany the team back to Boston after the game and be evaluated there by the Red Sox medical staff.

A source told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney that Clement has told his father he intends to make his next start, scheduled for Tuesday.

Clement was carted from the field after Carl Crawford's liner struck him in the right side of the head, just behind the ear, in the third inning Tuesday night. The pitcher never lost consciousness and did not sustain a concussion, manager Terry Francona said.

"That had a chance to be very, very bad. What it ended up being was very, very scary," Francona said Wednesday. "All the tests seem to be coming back all in favor of him being healthy, and that's good news."

Francona visited Clement at the hospital after the Red Sox rallied to beat the Devil Rays 10-9 in 10 innings Tuesday night and said the pitcher was in good spirits and talking on the telephone when he entered the room.

"He laughed a lot. He was Matt. He just had a bump on his head," the manager said, adding that he was amazed Clement wasn't injured more seriously.

"He had a little cut on his ear. I didn't stand over his bed, but I don't think he was really that swollen. It was amazing. ... I was really surprised."

Crawford also was relieved to learn that Clement was OK, and said he planned to try to reach the pitcher.

"You never want to see something like that," Crawford said. "I hope the best for him. Hopefully, he's going to recover well."
    Posted by yankees_nation
    Completed a season on mvp baseball 2005 as the red sux. Clement had an era of 12.30. Even trading for Bonds at the trading dealine couldn't save the team from a third place. Pretty good foreshadow of what to expect. :lol:

i havent seen it ...i missed the game cuz i was mesmorized by max(hes one of the quarry dog players that live in my house)...and i still havent seen it online or tv...

Kaitlin, no one here knows who the Quarry Dogs are unless they live in Concord..lol

lol...well i juss realized that....but idc...i love them and MAX!!!...haha

I want to shoot myself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir
    I want to shoot myself in the face.

haha...y?

Fenway Resident

really you should feel glad you havent see it... it shouldnt even be on replays anyway. Trust me to see it when it happened was a big scare for me and everybody else who saw it when it happened (Sox and Tampa Bay fans alike), really the whole stadium had went tone-def silence it was like for 5 minutes he laid still on the ground, it felt like a lot longer, i was just kneelin on the floor in front of my tv shaking my hand with my hands cupped over my mouth
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

lol...i would laugh if i saw it...people gettin hurt humors me...so idk

Quote Originally Posted by Missin_Cabrera
    ...Preferrably with a shotgun or RPG

Fenway Resident

wow i have no disregards for saying this, Fuck you bitch!!
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Legend

I saw a video on CBS Sportsline, I think, and it was scary, even though I already knew he was alright. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

i wouldnt wish it on ne 1...but i love to c people get hurt

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Missin_Cabrera
    i wouldnt wish it on ne 1...but i love to c people get hurt
    Whether you'd wish it upon anyone or not... to say you'd laugh at seeing a man take a line drive off of the head is pretty fucked up.

Fenway Resident

wow damn you are really making yourself sound out to be a disgrace of a human, bet you quickly grabbed a soda and popcorn then to watch the live events of 9/11

Quote Originally Posted by riverside sluggers
    wow damn you are really making yourself sound out to be a disgrace of a human, bet you quickly grabbed a soda and popcorn then to watch the live events of 9/11
    My guess is that she wasn't even born 4 years ago. Typing at a nursery school level and all.