Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 932 FirstFirst ... 234561454104504 ... LastLast

Thread: What song are you listening to?

Re: What song are you listening to?

and not just "look at my tricked wheels/i'm riding wit my hos" or something along those lines.
    Thats a pretty ignorant statement. A lot of rap might be like that, but thats what sets apart the good from the bad.

Oh yeah, and I like Linkin Park. Its a pretty insane mixture of both, all fused together.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Gwen Stefani should be banned from the music industry based solely on that 'song'
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Yes, she should. But she should also be locked in my basement so i can hand out "strict punishment".

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213
    Thats a pretty ignorant statement. A lot of rap might be like that, but thats what sets apart the good from the bad.

Oh yeah, and I like Linkin Park. Its a pretty insane mixture of both, all fused together.

...Yeah, I know, that not ALL rap is like that - but that's the "stereotype" that comes with the genre. And I listed a couple of rap artists that don't do that kind of stuff, and I'll listen to that.

What do you associate country music with? Boot up your ass? :blink: (That's an actual lyric, too) <_<

Oh well, at the expense of sounding juvenile, Linkin' Park's just a guilty pleasure. :lol:

Anyone going/been to summer concerts?
    "Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." - Satchel Paige

A Click a Day

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeDoodle
    Where do you work out? The Valley mall? Oddly enough - that song reminds me of pep rallys - and I would hide out in the girls b-room stall than go to one of those things... :thumbdown

How's the new White Stripes stuff? Like "Blue Orchid"? I liked Van Lear Rose a lot; Lorretta Lynn still has it.

I can spell bananas! B-A-N-A-N-A? No double lettering, gotcha!
    I work at a Day Camp and today I was on the Bomb Squad, which is right next to where they play music to entertain the whole campus. Usually people are walking by and they don't have to listen to the same CD being played over and over again, but I'm stationed in the same spot so I have to hear all those songs. <_<

Major Leaguer

^^ LOL, I feel so sorry for you.
    Shit I need a new siggy.

Legend

"Sugar, We're Going Down" -- Fallout Boy

And to weigh in on the rap vs. rock argument -- personally, I prefer rock over rap as the majority of rap songs sound the same. But their are a select few that have seperated themselves from the rest -- Nas, Tupac, Eminem, etc.

I think to say that 'rock is easier than rap' is ridiculous. You add an entire new element to rock, while rap is more-so just coming up with the words, and putting it to a beat later. I'm sorry, but until they start using computers to serve as an entire band -- rap isn't even in rock's league in terms of difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego
    I usually don't make comments like this to rip others opinions, but this is so stupid it deserves it. Rock always and will always take more talent then rap to make. Rock is not yelling and mashing guitars and yelling. Even the heavy stuff is not like that. Go and learn how to play a note on a guitar. 1 note. It is harder then making 1 beat for rap music. Learn something on drums, its harder then you think. Learn anything. Unlike rap, try and write some lyrics that make sense and don't have a swear word every other word and don't talk about the same useless thing every other song. Rap is just beats from a machine combined with lyrics written off the top of someones head. Thats why rappers seem to have mix tapes and cds realesed about every few months while for a rock band it would take a year or three to make 1 cd. Believe me, i used to love rap music, but then i grew up and realized that i'm not stupid enough to listen to that shit.

Oh yeah, and here is something that proves my point very well. If there can be kids that stand around in the hallways at school and make rap music with lyrics they think of right then and there, and others around them to make an actual beat, then goes to show that it requires not much talent at all. And if it takes so much talent why the hell are there 12 year old kids making rap and making a hell of alot of money off it? Show me any rock band that can just perform anywhere off the top of there head and sound great, or a band of 12 year olds who can sell alot of albums.

OWNED.

I see what your saying, but its not right. Anyone can make rap, but its probably not good. Same goes for rock. But, it takes a lot to make a good rap song. There are only a select few rappers that are great. There are probably many more great rock bands than there are rappers. The only rappers I consider great are - Wu-Tang Clan, 2-Pac, Biggie, Dr. Dre, NWA, and Jay-Z. All of those people have talent. There are a lot of good rappers, and average ones, but the great rap is what sets it apart from rock.

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by See Red
    "Sugar, We're Going Down" -- Fallout Boy

And to weigh in on the rap vs. rock argument -- personally, I prefer rock over rap as the majority of rap songs sound the same. But their are a select few that have seperated themselves from the rest -- Nas, Tupac, Eminem, etc.

I think to say that 'rock is easier than rap' is ridiculous. You add an entire new element to rock, while rap is more-so just coming up with the words, and putting it to a beat later. I'm sorry, but until they start using computers to serve as an entire band -- rap isn't even in rock's league in terms of difficulty.
    completely agreed. except FOB is lame. sorry :dunno:
    OWNED, bitch.
    <_<

Major Leaguer

Okay okay...just a little experiment..I googled "rap lyrics" and this song is the number 1 most requested lyric page:

"Stand Up" by Ludacris

[Verse - 1 - Ludacris Lyrics ]
    How you ain't gon' FUCK! bitch out me?
    I'm the GOD DAMN reason you in VIP
    CEO you don't have to see ID
    I'm young, wild, and strapped like Chi-Ali
    BLAOW! We ain't got nothing to worry about
    Whoop ass, let security carry em out
    Watch out for the medallion my diamonds are wreckless
    Feels like a MIDGET is hanging from my neckless
    I pulled up wit a million trucks
    Looking, smelling, feeling like a million bucks-ahh!

if there is ANYONE here that can make sense of this, please, let us know.

btw..."Feels like a MIDGET is hanging from my neckless" = WTF!!
    OWNED, bitch.
    <_<

No one said it had to make sense. Thats the mainstream shit. Mainstream rap, shit thats on the radio, is terrible. 50 Cent, terrible. G-Unit, terrible. Lil Jon, terrible. The only remotely good guy they play on the radio is the Game. Ludacris is ok, he has some good songs.

But whats good is older stuff, that no one knows. Wu-Tang is so good. I doubt anyone could make a rock song with as good of a beat as any song RZA made a beat for.

That means hes got a lot of bling.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyDug
    Okay okay...just a little experiment..I googled "rap lyrics" and this song is the number 1 most requested lyric page:

"Stand Up" by Ludacris

[Verse - 1 - Ludacris Lyrics ]
    How you ain't gon' FUCK! bitch out me?
    I'm the GOD DAMN reason you in VIP
    CEO you don't have to see ID
    I'm young, wild, and strapped like Chi-Ali
    BLAOW! We ain't got nothing to worry about
    Whoop ass, let security carry em out
    Watch out for the medallion my diamonds are wreckless
    Feels like a MIDGET is hanging from my neckless
    I pulled up wit a million trucks
    Looking, smelling, feeling like a million bucks-ahh!

if there is ANYONE here that can make sense of this, please, let us know.

YanksHater your not the only one who likes rap...I do too. "The Next Episode" is a great song

OK... as for the line "Feels like a midget is hanging from my necklace" thats pure genius. I mean come on, he has so much jewerly that it feels like he has a midget hanging instead of actual diamonds and gold. Thats lyrical mastery
    I don't ever wanna see the Red and Blues again. :blink:

Thank you, another rap fan. The Next Episode IS genuis. And yeah, the imagery, and metaphors rappers use are pretty awesome, you need talent for some of those.

Major Leaguer

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213
    That means hes got a lot of bling.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Wow, what an intertesting choice of words.

Oh, I'm sorry, did i say "choice of words"? I meant "piece of shit".

:lol:
    OWNED, bitch.
    <_<