Song that got me into RHCP for the first time... great, great song

The Bad Guy- Reel Big Fish

Re: What song are you listening to?

Handsome Johnny - Richie Havens

A Change Is Gonna Come - Canned Heat

Proud Mary - Creedence Clearwater Revival

Try - Janis Joplin

I Want To Take You Higher - Sly and The Family Stone

I Shall Be Released - Joe Cocker (his version from Woodstock 69)

I decided to go ahead and throw my list for today in all at once.
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapiEnFuego;479363;
    I hate nu-metal with every fiber of my being. It was the cancer killing metal a decade ago, thank god it's dead. Too bad metalcore is the cancer now
    It's all a matter of opinion, I like almost every kind of metal, nu metal, metalcore, heavy metal, thrash metal, groove metal, stoner metal. Hell I even listen to glam metal, it's all good, but that's just a preference thing, I like almost every kind of music
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Quote Originally Posted by The_Destroyah;479365;
    Handsome Johnny - Richie Havens

A Change Is Gonna Come - Canned Heat

Proud Mary - Creedence Clearwater Revival

Try - Janis Joplin

I Want To Take You Higher - Sly and The Family Stone

I Shall Be Released - Joe Cocker (his version from Woodstock 69)

I decided to go ahead and throw my list for today in all at once.
    Awesome list there, I love Canned Heat big time btw, one of the most underrated bands of all time
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Quote Originally Posted by Quinny;479364;
    Song that got me into RHCP for the first time... great, great song

The Bad Guy- Reel Big Fish
    Probably the favorite RHCP song, that was their first masterpiece of a song. They had earlier good-great songs, but that song is just fabulous, and sounds more like their modern style

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;479366;
    It's all a matter of opinion, I like almost every kind of metal, nu metal, metalcore, heavy metal, thrash metal, groove metal, stoner metal. Hell I even listen to glam metal, it's all good, but that's just a preference thing, I like almost every kind of music
    What do you think of Polka and Bluegrass Metal?
    "It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;479369;
    Probably the favorite RHCP song, that was their first masterpiece of a song. They had earlier good-great songs, but that song is just fabulous, and sounds more like their modern style
    Ya definetely. The rest of that cd is insane too, but definetely different. Like funk rock or somethin.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;479367;
    Awesome list there, I love Canned Heat big time btw, one of the most underrated bands of all time
    I completely agree, I don't see why they weren't more widely popular, Amphetamine Annie is easily one of the best songs of all time IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Destroyah;479379;
    I completely agree, I don't see why they weren't more widely popular, Amphetamine Annie is easily one of the best songs of all time IMO.
    It's simple.

They were Ellsburyesque at a time when there was a great surge in Psychedelic, Country,
    Motown, Pop, and "west coast" rock.

Moby Grape, and the Flamin Groovies were the harbinger of a whole new era in popular music.

Bands like America, CSN, Buffalo Springfield, all had some success because of these bands.

Whcih lead to the viability of the Eagles, et al.

Cary on youngin'.
    "Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'" RIP Mike.

"It's also a simple and indisputable fact that WAR isn't the be-all end-all in valuations, especially in real life. Wanna know why? Because an ace in run-prevention for 120 innings means more often than not, a sub-standard pitcher covering for the rest of the IP that pitcher fails to provide. You can't see value in a vacuum when a player does not provide full-time production."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy;479385;
    It's simple.

They were Ellsburyesque at a time when there was a great surge in Psychedelic, Country,
    Motown, Pop, and "west coast" rock.

Moby Grape, and the Flamin Groovies were the harbinger of a whole new era in popular music.

Bands like America, CSN, Buffalo Springfield, all had some success because of these bands.

Whcih lead to the viability of the Eagles, et al.

Cary on youngin'.
    this is true, I just feel that they are better than alot of bands that gained popularity at that time, but I guess not everyone can reach the top of the mountain, and its not like Canned Heat wasnt popular. I think Canned heat also had a big impact on bands like the Doors too.

midnight blues lou gramm.
    "People always ask me if I wish I were bigger. I tell them no. I always wanted to be a miniature badass." Dustin Pedroia

Quote Originally Posted by The_Destroyah;479379;
    Let's Work Together is a cool song, but I like their more bluesy and psychedelic stuff too.

Have you ever listened to any other good Psychedelic bands? I'm a huge Psychedelic fan. 13th Floor Elevators and Blue Cheer are two of the most underrated bands of all time, and Blue Cheer was doing a metallic sound a year before Black Sabbath was.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz;479584;
    Let's Work Together is a cool song, but I like their more bluesy and psychedelic stuff too.

Have you ever listened to any other good Psychedelic bands? I'm a huge Psychedelic fan. 13th Floor Elevators and Blue Cheer are two of the most underrated bands of all time, and Blue Cheer was doing a metallic sound a year before Black Sabbath was.
    well there is Strawberry Alarm Clock, Jefferson Airplane, The Fugs, Iron Butterfly, The 13th Floor Elevators, The Doors, The Byrds, Donovan, Bubble Puppy, Shiva's Headband, and The Golden Dawn.
    I might no a few others but thats a good list.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Destroyah;479637;
    well there is Strawberry Alarm Clock, Jefferson Airplane, The Fugs, Iron Butterfly, The 13th Floor Elevators, The Doors, The Byrds, Donovan, Bubble Puppy, Shiva's Headband, and The Golden Dawn.
    I might no a few others but thats a good list.
    Tons more, I love Psychedelic music, it's some of the best music that was ever created, and it was harder edged than anything of it's day. Cream, Hendrix, Country Joe & The Fish, The Incredible String Band, The Grateful Dead, (Early) Pink Floyd, etc etc etc

Another great band that usually isn't considered Psychedelic but is from that era and has a really spacey sound is The Velvet Underground. I have tons of their stuff

Lie In Our Graves - Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds Live @ Radio City NY

Love the acoustic stuff these guys do together.