www.soxprospects.com

Re: Jed Lowrie

Jed Lowrie has written a player journal for MILB.com

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/a...milb&fext=.jsp

All-Star

I'm in love

Lowrie and Pedroia ought to be our future DP combo and hopefully not too far down the road. Pedroia has been injured all spring and I am hoping he is ready to start playing and producing. I would like to see Dustin put as shortstop and be ready to take over at that position when Gonzales stinks up the joint enough that we have to get rid of him. Lowrie and Pedroia can play either position and what the Red Sox have to do is decide who plays which position. Both players are outstanding prospects and I would be very chapped to see either or both of them traded. Those two must play for our team.

www.soxprospects.com

Jed had a very solid opening day as he went 2-4, 3B, R, 4RBI, BB, K

JS, I really like Jed Lowrie and I hope he is on the fast track to Boston. This is one of three position players who must not be traded away----Jed, Ellsbury and Pedroia.

Lowrie had a pretty strong performance today, going 2-4 with a double and two walks.

2006 Line: .312/.500/.563/1.063 4/3 (BB/K) 3 XBH 0 HR's 6 RBI's
    Quote Originally Posted by ORS
    I know they will. At some point in your life, you'll grow up and quit pulling stupid shit like this. Then, the world will be a better place. Unfortunately, somebody else will turn 12 and start doing the same thing. It's a vicious cycle.

Crespo and JS, I'm convinced this guy is headed to Boston within a year and a half. He was a standout at Stanford U, hitting and fielding up a storm. He can also run, hit with decent power, and is one heads-up ballplayers. Again, this is one prospect who must not be traded away for some questionable veteran who may or may not help us. We have gone through that scene before.

www.soxprospects.com

Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Crespo and JS, I'm convinced this guy is headed to Boston within a year and a half. He was a standout at Stanford U, hitting and fielding up a storm. He can also run, hit with decent power, and is one heads-up ballplayers. Again, this is one prospect who must not be traded away for some questionable veteran who may or may not help us. We have gone through that scene before.
    Those days are gone of trading top prospects for questionable veterans. Theo is too smart for that and would likely only trade Lowrie for something that is very useful.

Thanks for getting back to me so fast JS. I sure hope you are right about Lowrie. I think Theo would be making a very bad mistake to let him, or Pedroia or Ellsbury go anywhere. These three could form a nice young nucleus for the Red Sox for a long time.

www.soxprospects.com

They would form a nice young nucleus but with prospects you never know and I would not rush any of them. Pedroia should be ready by 2007 and he could even help this year. I would be surprised if both Ellsbury and Lowrie don't make it to Portland by the end of the year.

This is my rifle....

Quote Originally Posted by jsinger121 View Post
    They would form a nice young nucleus but with prospects you never know and I would not rush any of them. Pedroia should be ready by 2007 and he could even help this year. I would be surprised if both Ellsbury and Lowrie don't make it to Portland by the end of the year.
    If they keep hitting in the Carolina League like they have this week, they may be up by the end of the month*.

*A little exaggeration, but they are red hot right now.

www.soxprospects.com

Quote Originally Posted by One Red Seat View Post
    If they keep hitting in the Carolina League like they have this week, they may be up by the end of the month*.

*A little exaggeration, but they are red hot right now.
    Absolutely.....If they stay this hot no doubt it will show they are likely too advanced for the Carolina League.

Major Leaguer

Lowrie is off to a quality start this year: .276/.417/.418/.835 13 XBH (9 2B, 2 3B, 2 HR), 32 walks and 24 K's in 134 AB's. I would really like to see him be promoted to AAA, but I wouldn't be suprised if the Sox decide to take it slow with him.

Quote Originally Posted by DUSTINMOHR4LIFE;255296;
    Lowrie is off to a quality start this year: .276/.417/.418/.835 13 XBH (9 2B, 2 3B, 2 HR), 32 walks and 24 K's in 134 AB's. I would really like to see him be promoted to AAA, but I wouldn't be suprised if the Sox decide to take it slow with him.
    those are not promotion-worthy stats

This is my rifle....

He was hitting under the Mendoza line until about 3 weeks ago. He's been on fire lately. I love the IsoD.