Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Front page NY papers today?

Fenway Resident

Re: Front page NY papers today?

best one ever was paper the morning after the sox won the pennant, in all caps CHOKE! classic to see

Haha, in the first one I love how again, lost is underlined.

Hahahaha. I love it.

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar

Ahaha. He said manhandled :lol:

Joe Torre on RJ:
    "It's certainly a surprise," Torre added. "Is it a concern? I hope not. I hope I always say it's a surprise when he gets manhandled like he did."

9-11-01 FDNYPD We will not forget.
    Just because it's a rivalry doesn't mean you need to make retarded arguments.

It is kinda strange... I sit and think about what the Sox would be doing if they where in the Yankees position right now? The Yankees did it to themselves, but we used to be in the same situations a lot of years. The old ownership would only do enough to keep us all hoping for the team to heat up. Now we expect the best out of them every game. It is a much different experiance being a sox fan now vs. 5/6 years ago. Back then we all new that the sox would be 2nd behind the Yakees (sometimes worse) and that we'd have to pull out heroics in order to move on through the play-offs. Now it's a given, we expect them to win. I sure hope the sox mangement keeps up this drive for perfection instead of the old "ahh thats good enough" attiditue. Go SOX - In Theo WE TRUST!
    Johnathan "Mr. T" Papelbon is the man!
    WORLD SERIES MVP!

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

:thumbsup:
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Super Moderator

"Wang plunks, baffles Tigers as Yanks take 2nd Straight"-----Oh WHAT AN ACCOMPLISHMENT! I guess everyone in NY is getting excited over their 2 GAME win streak :lol:

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

I love how they say 'early 75th birthday present.'

I guess they realize he wont be getting one for his actual birthday with Tanyon Sturtze on the mound against the O's
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Super Moderator

And it will make it all the better if Wade gets a W tonight

Fenway Resident

im gonna miss tonites game unfortunately , at least have my cell phone that updates on scores and plays. i am tho missing it for the right reason as I still get a dose of sox playing cuz Im gonna be seeitin in McCoy Stadium tonight watching Schilling bring his stuff in the game, which of course will determine when he'll be back on the majors mound