Register now to remove this ad

Page 61 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Talksox.com movie thread

Re: The official Talksox.com movie thread

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir;514690;
    See the Hurt Locker.
    It's supposed to come in the mail today from Netflix. Can't wait to see it.

Fenway Resident

Avatar is on its way to being the top movie for the 7th wknd in a row. In the next week or 2, it will surpass Titanic to be the top grossing movie in America ever

One movie Im kinda getting excited about seeing is The Crazies. Its coming out Feb 26
    "See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?"

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by riverside sluggers;520552;
    One movie Im kinda getting excited about seeing is The Crazies. Its coming out Feb 26
    I'm a huge Romero fan so I loved the original. It does look good but I worry it will be like the Dawn of the Dead remake. But the Crazies has something that DOTD didn't, and that was mistrust of the government. So this version couldn't possibly come out at a better time. I hope it's good.

Gonna watch the Hurt Locker tonight.

SHUTTER ISLAND IN 11 DAYSSSSS YESSSSSSSSSSSSs

Currently watching There Will Be Blood. Easily one of my favorites, Day-Lewis and Dano are awesome in this.

From Paris With Love --- Immediate Guy Classic.

Shutter Island...pft, looks horrible.
    In Plump We Trust.

"That was a very well laid out, rational point. But I will still hold to my emotional opinion based on no facts or evidence." - Everyone but Plump.

Quote Originally Posted by Plumpamania;523029;
    From Paris With Love --- Immediate Guy Classic.

Shutter Island...pft, looks horrible.
    Comparing Travolta blowing shit up to Scorcese and DiCaprio????

If I hadn't seen so many trailers for Shutter Island, I'd probably be more enthusiastic about it.
    And who are you, the proud lord said, that I must bow so low?
    Only a cat of a different coat, that's all the truth I know. In a coat of gold or a coat of red, a lion still has claws, And mine are long and sharp, my lord, as long and sharp as yours.

It has been a little heavily promoted but anytime Scorcese and DiCaprio get together they've produced something special. The Departed, The Aviator, and Gangs of New York, 3 of the better drama films of the decade. I don't expect Shutter Island to be any different.

Plus the previews really don't give too much away about the movie, I feel like a lot of it is still a mystery, whereas some movies really give away the entire movie in their trailers.

I'll probably see Shutter Island. I also just saw Up and The Hurt Locker, both really good movies. If there were only five movies nominated for Best Picture I might try to see them all, but no way I'm seeing ten (I've seen five so far).

I read Shutter Island in anticipation of the movie and was disappointed in the book (same author of Mystic River). Thought it would be difficult to translate into film. Hope I'm wrong, Marty is the director after all.

I saw The Hurt Locker and liked it a lot. The only other Oscar nominee I've seen was District 9.

Haven't seen a movie since I went to like 5 in a span of like 2 weeks. I need to get out of this house though, and it's snowing....
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

[youtube="Daniel's Baptism"]KwkP7Gnp7ek[/youtube]

This scene gives me chills every time I see it. He literally made Best Actor that year ('07) a no contest.

Quote Originally Posted by YanksHater213;523079;
    [youtube="Daniel's Baptism"]KwkP7Gnp7ek[/youtube]

This scene gives me chills every time I see it. He literally made Best Actor that year ('07) a no contest.
    That was a great movie. I loved the final scene with the preacher.

I think I'm gonna go see Avatar again (altho this time in 3D) on Friday!

I watched What's Eating Gilbert Grape a few days ago. Easily one of DiCaprio's best performances.

I also watched Don's Plum, a low budget, black and white, independent film that was largely unreleased in the US. It was alright, very different, and I could see why guys like DiCaprio and Maguire wouldn't want it released in the US. It was kind of a dark comedy type deal. Different and intriguing though.