Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 99 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Talksox.com movie thread

Re: The official Talksox.com movie thread

I think that Without A Paddle was a let down. I mean, it was a really good movie, but it just didnt live up to the hype in the sense that it was made out to be hilarious, but only had a few truly hilarious moments.

I didn't even hear any hype & I live in LA, where when movies are hyped-THEY ARE EVERYWHERE. Maybe they marketed the Midwest / East Coast harder than here.

Anyway, I thought it was good fun, especially the part where they are running away from the 2 "farmers". Dax walking out in front of the guys laser sight made me laugh the hardest I have in a REALLY long time.

I think I may have worded it wrong. It wasnt really hype, it was just the fact that with Seth Green, who is funny as anyone, and Dax, I thought that it would be more of a comedy. Dont get me wrong, it was a great movie, but I just thought that it would be a lot funnier than it actually was.

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan#1
    Another fun one.

Congratulations, you scored Artistic. .......
    Check out: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (I did, it was the best Jim Carey movie I've ever seen - and maybe even the best film I'd seen last year), Amelie (looks too annoying), Garden State (might), Lost in Translation (I did, I enjoyed).

I got mindfuck and was recommended Being John Malkovich, one of my favorite movies. I'd seen all the recommendations, though.

Anyone seen Hitch yet? With Will Smith? That looks hilarious because I love the fat guy from "King Of Queens."

Ok, I saw Saw, and I liked it. I was expecting a surprise ending but didn't see what they had coming at all. I always like those types of movies when it's not stupid (and many have said this ending is stupid..). There were spots when the acting and/or writing was a little weak (Elwes esp..), but it's one of the few movies that I may rewatch because of the ending...

I saw Coffee and Cigarettes. It was OK. Interesting idea for sure, but pretty boring.

I also saw Friday Night Lights. It also was good, but the Billy Bob character was terribly underwritten. It would have been much better if Thorton had better material. They also blew right through some of the games way too fast leaving you little time to keep up with what the players were doing and how they were winning the games. It was a good sports film, but not in the same league as Miracle if you ask me.

It was interesting to watch the extras though - and hear more about Boobie.

Up next, Cellular and Employee of the Month. I don't know anything about these two.

Lord of the Rings is always going to be #1 in my book. With Fightclub a close #2.
    In Plump We Trust.

"That was a very well laid out, rational point. But I will still hold to my emotional opinion based on no facts or evidence." - Everyone but Plump.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxRooter
    Ok, I saw Saw, and I liked it. I was expecting a surprise ending but didn't see what they had coming at all. I always like those types of movies when it's not stupid (and many have said this ending is stupid..). There were spots when the acting and/or writing was a little weak (Elwes esp..), but it's one of the few movies that I may rewatch because of the ending...
    I was really looking forward to seeing that movie, but I never got around to it. I heard some people call it "the scariest movie of the year." Is that true?

Hitch was a great movie. I saw it the other day. Brenniagn is hilarious. What was your favorite part?

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir
    I was really looking forward to seeing that movie, but I never got around to it. I heard some people call it "the scariest movie of the year." Is that true?
    I'm not one to scare easily. But there were at least four times I almost shit myself. Of course, that may have had more to do with the coffee, beer and SpaghettiOs I had that day.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxRooter
    I'm not one to scare easily. But there were at least four times I almost shit myself. Of course, that may have had more to do with the coffee, beer and SpaghettiOs I had that day.
    Yea, spaghettios are killer.

Anyway, TBS has recently been having a love affair with "Wild Wild West", so I've watched it twice in the past 3 days (i'm pathetic), and I actually liked it. It's decently funny and clever, and I had completely forgotten about it up until this point.

All-Star

I always secretly enjoyed that movie...though I don't know if I can go as far as liked. Kevin Kline was the man.

Who is your favorite actor or actress? For me it's either adam sandler or will smith.