Register now to remove this ad

Page 48 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: The official Talksox.com movie thread

Deity

Re: The official Talksox.com movie thread

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;329861;
    Wait, people don't still call him the Rock?
    The Rock is dead, homes.

Get Smart was really good. I laughed uncontrollably at two parts in particular.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yeszir;329953;
    Get Smart was really good. I laughed uncontrollably at two parts in particular.
    It was actually really good, and this is coming from someone who hates Steve Carrell.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

"If you're thinking 'holy shit, holy shit, a giant swordfish almost went through my head, then yes."
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

I've been watching an unhealthy amount of movies recently. In my 6th day of vacation I've watched: Spinal Tap, Semi-Pro, Dr. Strangelove, South Park Movie (1999 one), The Big Lebowski, Shawshank Redemption, and I just rented The Usual Suspects from Xbox Live. Woohoo

No, he's a full blown movie guy now.

Get Smart or Kung Fu Panda? With a girl or maybe with a girl and another friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation;329956;
    It was actually really good, and this is coming from someone who hates Steve Carrell.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

"If you're thinking 'holy shit, holy shit, a giant swordfish almost went through my head, then yes."
    Apparently Arkin told the director that that was the funniest thing he'd ever seen in a movie. This coming from Steve Carell himself.

Deity

Get Smart, easily.

Quote Originally Posted by TheKilo;330141;
    Get Smart, easily.
    Absolutely. Plus you can be all badass afterwards and say really loudly "THAT WAS NOTHING LIKE THE SHOW". Chicks dig that.

Is Juno worth it? My sister owns it, so it's just lying around, should I give it a watch?

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Coco's Disciples;330268;
    Is Juno worth it? My sister owns it, so it's just lying around, should I give it a watch?

Absolutely. It's worth it simply for the title character referring to penises as 'pork swords'...but seriously, it's a great movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Yea, I watched it today and enjoyed it. I liked the dad (J.K. Simmons). Also, Rainn Wilson, in his short appearance, was nothing shy of a complete creep. Awesome.

Deity

Your Eggo is preggo, fertile Myrtle.

This is my rifle....

If you like Pixar and want to know something about Wall-E, then you are going to have to ask someone else about it. I took the 4 y/o to see it yesterday evening and we had to leave because she was scared (of the white fem robot). I think it has something to do with the environment. She can watch much more ominous Disney movies at home with ease. My guess is the dark theater and loud sound get to her. Anyway, I like Pixar, and this movie looked like it would be good.

Deity

Wall-E was awesome, I took my girlfriend the other day. As lame as it sounds, I was actually excited for a Disney movie for the first time since Toy Story.

I saw the happening last night. My one word review: Awful.

easily the worst movie I have seen in a long time.
    "Knicks suck, Jets suck, Yankees suck"

-Peter Griffin, talking to a New Yorker