Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 7/9 A's at Boston, 7:10 pm

One thing's for sure; you'll never see a weirder start than Bello had tonight.

Hey, Vegas, good to see one of our favorite chUMPS working tonight. Ol' CB Bucknor; living proof of how difficult it is to fire a MLB chUMPIRE.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Hey, Vegas, good to see one of our favorite chUMPS working tonight. Ol' CB Bucknor; living proof of how difficult it is to fire a MLB chUMPIRE.
    i'm thinking the chUMPIRE's union made one concession. Angel and CB can never work in the same crew.
    However, I did check on the internet and found of the 85 different chUMPS that worked behind HP this season Angel was ranked 67th in accuracy. More proof of how bad the chUMPS have been behind HP.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 07-09-2024 at 08:59 PM.

Deity
    This has been a weird season for this club in general. Amazing to see where they’re right now. It does help as well when these other teams are struggling.

Funny the SOX optioned Booser, when, imho, Weissert's the one who has been less than good of late.
    I still ask, exactly what question is Weissert the answer to ?

When one sees teams like Oakland and Miami, MLB shouldn't even have any thoughts of expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    I still ask, exactly what question is Weissert the answer to ?
    Who should have been sent down to work on his shite?

When one sees teams like Oakland and Miami, MLB shouldn't even have any thoughts of expansion.
    Here here... but also- I wonder.... were there really bad teams before expansions?

Maybe do like English soccer... expand by brining up two minor league teams... and the two worst MLB teams at the end of the year get regulated down to AAA.
    ----------------------------
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I owe you an apology... I was certain your team was crap this year. 1/2 way through and it is a very fun team to watch, and competitive. Thank you.

Deity
    Oakland has been winning 37% of their games, swept the Angels last week, and took 1/3 against the Orioles, the same team that has won 5 of 6 against the Sox. In one game the A's scored 19 vs the Orioles.

As for Bello, he ran out of gas and/or into a buzz saw his 3d time through the A's lineup. As recently as last year Houck had the same problem. Bello gave up 2 in the 1st and then pitched 4 straight shutout innings. His 11 K's do indicate that, when his command is good, he can be effective.

The worst team in MLB right now are the White Sox, and the split 4 games with our Sox.

Meanwhile the AAA Oakland A's have now scored 9 runs off the Sox.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 07-09-2024 at 09:17 PM.

Ok boys... close this game out now.
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I owe you an apology... I was certain your team was crap this year. 1/2 way through and it is a very fun team to watch, and competitive. Thank you.

Wingenter has memorable debut.

Wow... what are the odds you give up 13 hits, and win.??
    Dear Mr. Henry,

Well, at least Cora didn't have to use Kenley tonight, even though he was warming up. Moral of story; no lead is safe.

On the pitching front, nice performance by Kelly tonight.

Now i have a new question, exactly what question is Trey W the answer to ? That was a poor intro buddy