Register now to remove this ad

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: 7/7 Sox @ Yankee Stadium, 7:05

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    What a difference a day makes. From 14 runs to zero runs. Again, a beautiful performance by Kutter tonight.
    To me that's the big deal with this series and this season. These freaking Sox are tougher than they seem, especially when they lose 14-4. The Yankees? Not so much.

Do I need to add that Friday in game 1 Yoshida, all 5'8" of him, tied it up in the 9th with two outs and two strikes and a man on first? Then in the 10th Rafaela, who's even smaller, hit another 2 run dinger?

The Sox rotation is not broken. Nor is the bullpen.

The lineup makes errors and sometimes can't score runs, but that bunch of no-names--not including Devers, of course--is getting better and better.

Fuck the yankees!

Wish I saw this game.

Huge win and great effort from Crawford.

Are Devers’ solo homers still bothering some?

Does this team have heart and soul or what?

Are others having FUN, yet?
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    I don't usually criticize the announcers too much , but I have to say this: When Jansen went to 3-1 on Judge in the ninth, Karl Ravech actually said, " I wonder if he will give him anything to hit here. " One of the dumbest comments I have heard. It was a three run lead with two outs and nobody on base. The last thing you want to do is walk him. How is Ravech is getting paid to be a baseball announcer when he doesn't even understand something as basic as that ?
    Their whole broadcasts SUCKS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Wish I saw this game.

it was a FUN game. Crawford was Madduxesque yesterday -no walks and very few pitches. would have been cool to see him finish it out.

Quote Originally Posted by ****THEYANKEES View Post
    it was a FUN game. Crawford was Madduxesque yesterday -no walks and very few pitches. would have been cool to see him finish it out.
    Crawford may not be a Hall of Famer -- or even a hallway monitor -- but I like his act, embracing emotions and sweating out each pitch and outcome.

It's not hard to imagine amateur pitchers reacting the same way, if suddenly forced to take the mound and battle the Bronx, smackdab in the middle of a national network's AARON JUDGE SHOW.

In that way, Crawford is more fun to watch than stone-cold Maddux, the android assassin from The Terminator.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Wish I saw this game.

Sorry you missed it too. But you do say the right things.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Crawford may not be a Hall of Famer -- or even a hallway monitor -- but I like his act, embracing emotions and sweating out each pitch and outcome.

It's not hard to imagine amateur pitchers reacting the same way, if suddenly forced to take the mound and battle the Bronx, smackdab in the middle of a national network's AARON JUDGE SHOW.

In that way, Crawford is more fun to watch than stone-cold Maddux, the android assassin from The Terminator.
    Good words, phrases. I like Judge. I think he's a heckuva player. But you are right about the overplay, which I believe is company policy.

These days--and for all I know, in days past as well--teams aren't nearly as important as individual stars. And that just might be the problem with Sox attendance this season. Winning is fine, Ok, good, glad you did it. But stars are what we pay the big bucks to see in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Good words, phrases. I like Judge. I think he's a heckuva player. But you are right about the overplay, which I believe is company policy.

These days--and for all I know, in days past as well--teams aren't nearly as important as individual stars. And that just might be the problem with Sox attendance this season. Winning is fine, Ok, good, glad you did it. But stars are what we pay the big bucks to see in person.
    I'd define Duran and Devers as stars, but I get what you're saying. Btw, I believe the poor performances at Fenway may have something to do with reduced attendance, along with JH's attitude as owner.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by ****THEYANKEES View Post
    Fuck the yankees!
    It was a perfect weekend series especially with the 14 runs, I was really getting the heat after that but last nights game was beautiful and it shut everybody up about all the Yankee bullshit, after that game then you can't score 1 run it was a perfect script and everybody here in Yankee land is in dead silence. We are playing with a confidence we did not have the past two seasons and aggressive fundamental baseball is a welcome sight. However we finish is good because they are trying and it's a different attitude from management helping our confidence, shows us Bloom was more of a problem then I thought. Yes we are going to lose games we should win but it's OK team is showing resilience and not quitting, a fun season and shut all the Yankee fans up with all their excuses