Register now to remove this ad

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 7/7 Sox @ Yankee Stadium, 7:05

Deity
    Watching Jansen pitch reminds me of Kevin Costner in the movie Tin Cup in which he breaks all of his clubs except the 7 iron, which he never misses with. That's Jansen and his cutter.

Huge win by the Sox!!!!! After yesterday 14-4 and winning the first game in extra innings, I think this win over the Yankees is like the signature game of this season.

It tells me these Sox are for freaking real.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    SOX pitchers did a pretty good job holding 'big head' Soto down in this series. Also, they handled Judge well .
    Sure did.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Watching Jansen pitch reminds me of Kevin Costner in the movie Tin Cup in which he breaks all of his clubs except the 7 iron, which he never misses with. That's Jansen and his cutter.

Huge win by the Sox!!!!! After yesterday 14-4 and winning the first game in extra innings, I think this win over the Yankees is like the signature game of this season.

The question will be can they get a starting pitcher . Will management go for it? It doesn’t have to be an ace but someone that can pitch good consistently.

Now, I'm not a baseball expert or anything , not into advanced analytics at all, but it seems to me that the Yankees would have a team meeting before a Red Sox series and state firmly that " we are not going to let Devers beat us. " " You got that guys?"
    Old school is good school.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post

Sorry Max but Brez is still evaluating, and he’ll let you know when he figures it out.🤫

Deity
    Tomorrow's off, but Tuesday starts 3 vs the A's and the Sox going with Bello, Pivetta, and Houck, the same three who were excellent @ Miami.

It's remotely possible the Sox will be able to get on the winning side at the Fens.

My new theory is the Sox don't get enough doubles, especially from their righty batters.

Quote Originally Posted by dgalehouse View Post
    Now, I'm not a baseball expert or anything , not into advanced analytics at all, but it seems to me that the Yankees would have a team meeting before a Red Sox series and state firmly that " we are not going to let Devers beat us. " " You got that guys?"
    I've picked on Cora probably more than I should have, but thank goodness the SOX aren't managed by Boone.

Deity
    He did a lot of damage this weekend. But that last home run came when being pitched around…

I think it's safe to say that the SOX have the most dangerous 9th batter in MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    He did a lot of damage this weekend. But that last home run came when being pitched around…
    Yep. That pitch was 4-5 inches outside and above the strike zone as well.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Yep. That pitch was 4-5 inches outside and above the strike zone as well.
    It would be interesting to know how many of Devers' HR's have been outside the strike zone.

What a difference a day makes. From 14 runs to zero runs. Again, a beautiful performance by Kutter tonight.

I don't usually criticize the announcers too much , but I have to say this: When Jansen went to 3-1 on Judge in the ninth, Karl Ravech actually said, " I wonder if he will give him anything to hit here. " One of the dumbest comments I have heard. It was a three run lead with two outs and nobody on base. The last thing you want to do is walk him. How is Ravech is getting paid to be a baseball announcer when he doesn't even understand something as basic as that ?
    Old school is good school.

I don't usually criticize the announcers too much , but I have to say this: When Jansen went to 3-1 on Judge in the ninth, Karl Ravech actually said, " I wonder if he will give him anything to hit here. " One of the dumbest comments I have heard. It was a three run lead with two outs and nobody on base. The last thing you want to do is walk him. How is Ravech is getting paid to be a baseball announcer when he doesn't even understand something as basic as that ?
    Totally agreed, dgalehouse. As soon as he said that, I said, "I'd rather Judge hit a 550' home run than walk right now."

Deity
    What an idiot, especially when Jansen actually struck Judge out. I hasten to add that, based on what the ump was giving to Yankees pitchers, two of the balls by Jansen could have been called strikes.