Register now to remove this ad

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: 7/05 SOX @ Yankems 7:05PM ET

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Don't you mean ****THEYANKEES?
    exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Scrawny little guy who did cartoon mouse voices every time Giancarlo Stanton and Anthony Rizzo hit the Injured List.

I will say this - DJ LeMahieu deserves a harsh and prolonged benching. I get struggling at the plate. But that man is mentally checked out…
    In the movie IT'S A MAD MAD MAD WORLD, Mr Stang owned the gas station that Jonathon Winters totally destroyed.

My TV deserves better. Cora? I’ll give him a pass THIS time…
    I believe that in the very near future TV's will respond to being yelled at. All part of that AI shite that's been going on.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    The truth is except for Soto and Judge, this Yankem line-up is weaker than Arnold Stang. Anyone here remember Arnold Stang?
    Yep. Their OPS's are 1.123 and 1.001. Then it's Stanton's .795, Dugo's .693, Volpe's .688, Torres' .641, Rizzo's .630, and so on.

Deity
    I’m watching that game.

Just a lazy baseball day. Went to Justin Steele’s CG win over the Angels. Came home and watched Sox/Yankees. Now I’m watching Dodgers/Brewers…
    You picked the right day.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    You picked the right day.
    I would do this every day if it was possible…

Jackson, I think it is time to send Volpe down to AAA so that he can learn how to hit and run the bases. What say you?

That baserunning blunder was inexcusable. I guess Volpe never figured out that when the double play isn't a force, you can score a run from third prior to the third out. The key to this, though, is to score before the third out tag. I thought most people understood that but I guess Volpe never learned that in pee-wee league.

All 5 runs and rbi were from out bottom 4 slots in the batting order.

Nice to get the win while giving Houck a bit of a rest.

Cora has proved all of us wrong enough times, already. (Like me on benching Yoshida)
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

The great thing about sports is you never really know what will happen. That 9th inning HR was as improbable as Kirk Gibson's to me. Smith and Yoshida coming through with 2 strikes and 2 outs in the 9th? None of us expected that.

I still don't understand how the Yanks were so good early, this is the most out of balance lineup I can remember in a long time and you can't blame it on the injuries, Rizzo has sucked for a while.

To be honest, I yelled at my poor, innocent television when Cora sent up Dominic Smith to pinch hit for a guy who had hit a double and a home run already…
    To me that move was Cora to the Core. Sticking to his guns and going with the L-R matchup even though it's the final out, Gonzo is having a big game and Dom Smith is..well, Dom Smith. And what does Dom do but coolly rifle a single up the middle and set the stage.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

What an at-bat by Yoshida. Took a real close one, fouled off a couple, finally got his pitch. I swear I was thinking that this just might be his moment, and there it was.

And where's that poster who said Rafaela doesn't have the power to be trying to crush the ball the way he does?

Those last 2 games were as enjoyable back to back regular season games I can remember in a while.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    To me that move was Cora to the Core. Sticking to his guns and going with the L-R matchup even though it's the final out, Gonzo is having a big game and Dom Smith is..well, Dom Smith. And what does Dom do but coolly rifle a single up the middle and set the stage.
    Nailed it again.

I have to add about Yoshida that about 2 weeks ago I gave 5 reasons for keeping him in the lineup: 1) Sunk investment (his contract); 2) we know he could hit in Japan; 3) injury this year could have affected him; 4) getting used to Boston/USA can be daunting especially when everything written/said/on TV is opaque and there are no other Japanese players on the Sox; 5) Cora chose to play him and not bench him.

I did not see Yoshida's hot streak coming, but did see the possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaz Fan Since '67 View Post
    Those last 2 games were as enjoyable back to back regular season games I can remember in a while.
    For you maybe