Register now to remove this ad

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: 7/05 SOX @ Yankems 7:05PM ET

The SOX are now 28-16 on the road. That's the best road record in MLB.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    But he has had the hot bat since June 24--and that's an awfully short porch in RF.

If Yoshida takes over the DH position--which may have already happened--Cora needs to find ways to get at bats for Ref and O'Neill. So I think Rafaela might just stay at SS, which puts Duran in CF and Abreu, Ref, and O'Neill to fill the LF and RF slots. Right now O'Neill is better against lefty pitchers and Ref against righties. Abreu has the third best OPS on the team against righties.
    I think what you saw tonight - essentially a platoon in RF with Abreu and Refsnyder - will be Cora’s script the bulk of the time…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    Houck was fine until the rain delay. The long break ruined him for tonight. Cora was right to make it a short outing…
    Cora is clueless. Houck should never have come out for the 4th inning. Heck, for that matter, neither should Valdez. I think I'll just send a short note to Breslow saying he needs a new manager--and that I'm willing to step in.

Deity
    As well you should have. Sox need a new manager.
    My TV deserves better. Cora? I’ll give him a pass THIS time…

Deity
    I think what you saw tonight - essentially a platoon in RF with Abreu and Refsnyder - will be Cora’s script the bulk of the time…
    Yep.

Deity
    Cora is clueless. Houck should never have come out for the 4th inning. Heck, for that matter, neither should Valdez. I think I'll just send a short note to Breslow saying he needs a new manager--and that I'm willing to step in.
    Not uncommon to pull the starter after a rain delay. But we saw both of them come back out…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    The SOX are now 28-16 on the road. That's the best road record in MLB.
    One or two really good righty bats, and the Sox would also have a winning record at the Fens.

Deity
    Houck struggled, no question, but the Sox bullpen went 6.2 scoreless innings.

Plus all 5 runs were off dingers by Gonzalez, who needs to take over at 1b, Yoshida, who has had the hottest Sox bat over the last 9 games, and Rafaela, who I think should stay at SS.

We beat the Yankee Home Run Machine with late home runs by two guys under 5’9”…

Deity
    True. I was being hypercritical of Houck in the 4th inning. Probably because Cortes seem unaffected by the delay and pitched 6 excellent innings.

One or two really good righty bats, and the Sox would also have a winning record at the Fens.

The recipe has always been win at home and play .500 on the road. Seems the SOX lost the recipe.

The truth is except for Soto and Judge, this Yankem line-up is weaker than Arnold Stang. Anyone here remember Arnold Stang?

Deity
    It's those short porches in LF and RF. Plus Yoshida actually weighs 192 lbs. @ 165 lbs, Rafaela no longer goes to the beach.

Brewers are leading the Dogers, 5-2--make that 5-4--in LaLaLand.

Deity
    It's those short porches in LF and RF. Plus Yoshida actually weighs 192 lbs. @ 165 lbs, Rafaela no longer goes to the beach.

Brewers are leading the Dogers, 5-2--make that 5-4--in LaLaLand.
    I’m watching that game.

Just a lazy baseball day. Went to Justin Steele’s CG win over the Angels. Came home and watched Sox/Yankees. Now I’m watching Dodgers/Brewers…

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    The truth is except for Soto and Judge, this Yankem line-up is weaker than Arnold Stang. Anyone here remember Arnold Stang?
    Scrawny little guy who did cartoon mouse voices every time Giancarlo Stanton and Anthony Rizzo hit the Injured List.

I will say this - DJ LeMahieu deserves a harsh and prolonged benching. I get struggling at the plate. But that man is mentally checked out…