Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/03 SOX @ Marlins 6:40PM ET

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by wyo-sox View Post
    Wow... been a while since I did a game thread... Here I thought we've had a great June... were 8.5 from 1st- in clear contention for a wild card spot.... watching what I think is Cora's best year managing...... Bello battling and looking ok.. AND WE ARE AHEAD.... yet the chatter on here sounds like we are a basement team.

C'mon all- turn those frowns upside down! I promise if you enjoy the moment you won't explode.
    It’s been this way for a long time. Even when we had good teams….though that seems like a long time ago

Good for Bello.... decent outing. He's been really bad... good to take advantage of a bad team and get himself feeling a little better.
    ----------------------------
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I owe you an apology... I was certain your team was crap this year. 1/2 way through and it is a very fun team to watch, and competitive. Thank you.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    Let’s not get too excited about Bello tonight. The Marlins are 29th out of 30 teams in scoring runs, so BIG Baby Bello isn’t facing any murders row.��
    Ahem. Before last night, the Marlins split 4 games with the Phillies in Philly while scoring 7, 0, 3, and 6 runs. So puhlease don't tell me they can't hit--or pitch, for that matter. And last night they scored 3 runs off the Sox.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Ahem. Before last night, the Marlins split 4 games with the Phillies in Philly while scoring 7, 0, 3, and 6 runs. So puhlease don't tell me they can't hit--or pitch, for that matter. And last night they scored 3 runs off the Sox.
    Ummmm…Miami is 29th in baseball in runs scored. They have almost the worst offense in baseball. Let’s see how Bello does against real offenses.

Deity
    Good for Bello.... decent outing. He's been really bad... good to take advantage of a bad team and get himself feeling a little better.
    The "bad team" just split two with Philly in Philadelphia. In case you haven't noticed, the Phillies have the best won-lost record in MLB.

My gosh, you guys hate giving a Sox pitcher any credit. And, yes, I know Bello has struggled massively for big chunks of this season. But as I've said once already, he has one of the best pitching coaches and the best manager in MLB to guide him.

The "bad team" just split two with Philly in Philadelphia. In case you haven't noticed, the Phillies have the best won-lost record in MLB.

My gosh, you guys hate giving a Sox pitcher any credit. And, yes, I know Bello has struggled massively for big chunks of this season. But as I've said once already, he has one of the best pitching coaches and the best manager in MLB to guide him.
    I was giving him credit for a decent start? And c'mon... you can't really equate two recent wins against a really good team to mean the Marlins are some sort of quality offense? It's baseball... anything can happen- and often does. But if the Phillies and Marlins play tomorrow... I'm willing to bet most of us would bet on the Phillies- even though Miami recently played well against them.
    ----------------------------
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I owe you an apology... I was certain your team was crap this year. 1/2 way through and it is a very fun team to watch, and competitive. Thank you.

Legend
    I was giving him credit for a decent start? And c'mon... you can't really equate two recent wins against a really good team to mean the Marlins are some sort of quality offense? It's baseball... anything can happen- and often does. But if the Phillies and Marlins play tomorrow... I'm willing to bet most of us would bet on the Phillies- even though Miami recently played well against them.
    And I gave him credit for being a promising prospect with good stuff. But I hand out kudos when appropriate and boos when appropriate as well.

Legend
    Great play by Ref!

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    Ummmm…Miami is 29th in baseball in runs scored. They have almost the worst offense in baseball. Let’s see how Bello does against real offenses.
    I get it. And I sure hope others on this thread do too. You don't like the 2024 version of the Sox, so you can't help but spew your venom all over this game thread.

Also, try this on for size. Bello was dead, dead, dead in the first inning with those three quick singles and 1 run in and 1 out. But then he got a K for out 2. Then he got called for what I think was a bogus balk, putting runners on 2d and 3d. And then he got the third out on a grounder.

And never looked back. Why do you refuse to acknowledge he had a great game tonight?And why do you ignore that the awful, terrible Marlins just split 4 games with the winningest team in MLB?

I'm not saying Bello has turned a corner, not after just one game. But, if you are a real Sox fan, as you clearly are not, you gotta love what he did tonight and hope there will be more to come. Last night Crawford, our 2d best starter, went 6 innings and gave up 1 run.

Legend
    I get it. And I sure hope others on this thread do too. You don't like the 2024 version of the Sox, so you can't help but spew your venom all over this game thread.

Also, try this on for size. Bello was dead, dead, dead in the first inning with those three quick singles and 1 run in and 1 out. But then he got a K for out 2. Then he got called for what I think was a bogus balk, putting runners on 2d and 3d. And then he got the third out on a grounder.

And never looked back. Why do you refuse to acknowledge he had a great game tonight?And why do you ignore that the awful, terrible Marlins just split 4 games with the winningest team in MLB?

I'm not saying Bello has turned a corner, not after just one game. But, if you are a real Sox fan, as you clearly are not, you gotta love what he did tonight and hope there will be more to come. Last night Crawford, our 2d best starter, went 6 innings and gave up 1 run.
    I’m here aren’t I? I’ve been here for years even though this team has sucked recently. I’ve likely been a Sox fan long before you started following them.
    Yes, Bello got it together against a terrible offense-second worse in the game. Let’s see how he does against some real competition.
    And no, I don’t like this year’s team. Or last year’s. Or the year before that. Last place two years running and chasing a third.
    I’m not a bonnethead here. If you don’t like that reality don’t read my posts here.

Deity
    Just stating the facts, and stats that Miami is next to last in all of baseball in runs scored for the year. If you want to give BIG Baby Bello an atta boy for tonight go ahead. Nothing wrong with that.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    It’s been this way for a long time. Even when we had good teams….though that seems like a long time ago
    No, buster. You've been this way. I certainly have not. I watched almost every game in 2018, the best season the Sox have ever had. And I did the same in 2021 when the Sox made it to the postseason, beat Cole and the Yankees in the wild card, beat the 100 win Rays in the ALDS, and finally lost, 4 games to 2, to the Astros in the ALCS. People have forgotten that in his first two seasons as CBO, Dombrowski's teams won the AL East in 2016 and 2017 but were trounced, 3 games to none, both years in the ALDS. To me those were worse seasons than 2021. Such is Cora's genius that the Sox made it to the postseason and the ALCS in 2021 without a freaking closer.

The last two seasons were not good, but they were still watchable. And, to a knowledgeable Sox fan since 1949, the 2024 Sox have been astounding precisely because of all the no-names, including the entire Sox rotation, who are making a difference.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    Just stating the facts, and stats that Miami is next to last in all of baseball in runs scored for the year. If you want to give BIG Baby Bello an atta boy for tonight go ahead. Nothing wrong with that.
    One more time. In the 4 games before this series, your no good, lowdown, rotten, stinking, worthless Marlins split 4 games with the best team in MLB, the Phillies. And they did it in Philadelphia. So you are darn right I'm impressed with Bello tonight. He pitched every bit as well as Crawford did last night.

And, shame on me for saying this, but I'm actually hoping--not asserting, but hoping--tonight's outing is the beginning of a turnaround for Bello. Isn't that terrible to hope that when you and others want in the very worst way for Bello to crash and burn for the rest of this season?

Well Dom Smith, you showed the sharp eye that time, hitting a foul HR on 3-0, then walking to avoid the golden sombrero. No end to your future in this game

That was the SOX 18th baserunner.