Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 7/03 SOX @ Marlins 6:40PM ET

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    He’s not getting send back for the simple fact we have no one else.
    It doesn’t matter who they bring up to replace him

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Rafaela triples and Duran and Refsnyder can't bring him home. So who do we blame? Bello, of course.
    If we lose this game tonight i will blame the offense no doubt. Smh

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    One more bad outing and yes, I’d send him down. Remember: this team will likely finish in last place and almost certainly out of the playoffs. We are already playing for next year or the year after. I wouldn’t want a promising prospect to lose confidence with this group of bums.
    You and I are on completely different wavelengths. I have seen a competitive Sox team this year. You know, the one that took 2/3 from the Yankees and 2/3 from the Phillies. Going into this game the Sox were .5 games out of the third wild card.

And the pitching has without question been the strength of the Sox this year. Bello has struggled, but not in every game and certainly not tonight. Furthermore, he has a far better pitching coach and far better manager in Boston than he will find in Worcester.

Bello can be nasty.. He's young and so is this team.. Relax..

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by bmattioli View Post
    Bello can be nasty.. He's young and so is this team.. Relax..
    I think he can be a top of a rotation guy. Just needs to learn how to control his pitches.

Quote Originally Posted by d-money View Post
    I think he can be a top of a rotation guy. Just needs to learn how to control his pitches.
    of course.. This team has been fun to watch compared to the last few..

Deity

Are you serious? Tonight he's gone 5 innings and given up 5 singles and 1 run. And you want to send him back to Worcester.
    Let’s not get too excited about Bello tonight. The Marlins are 29th out of 30 teams in scoring runs, so BIG Baby Bello isn’t facing any murders row.🤫

Can anyone on this team hit a fucking medium flyball with a man on 3rd ?

SOX need a wild pitch, passed ball, a walk, or a balk to score. A base hit with RISP would be asking too much tonight.

Legend
    You and I are on completely different wavelengths. I have seen a competitive Sox team this year. You know, the one that took 2/3 from the Yankees and 2/3 from the Phillies. Going into this game the Sox were .5 games out of the third wild card.

And the pitching has without question been the strength of the Sox this year. Bello has struggled, but not in every game and certainly not tonight. Furthermore, he has a far better pitching coach and far better manager in Boston than he will find in Worcester.
    We won’t make the playoffs. The talent isn’t there. At least even odds we will end up
    In last place, and we will certainly finish below the Yankees, the Orioles, and the Rays. Basically we are playing for next year or the year after. He needs work against inferior competition to regain (or at least not lose) his confidence.

Damnable Dom Smith allows yet another middle-middle strike 3 roll by him with runners on 2nd/3rd. WTF is wrong with him ?

D. Smith is D. Worst. Has Cora ever heard of pinch hitting?

Legend
    Third time the bum Don Smith has struck out looking on a pitch right down the middle with runners in scoring position. He’s a bum and is emblematic of the lack of talent on this team.

Rafaela triples and Duran and Refsnyder can't bring him home. So who do we blame? Bello, of course.
    I didn't see Bello volunteer to go up and hit. Also didn't see Dom Smith volunteer to wake up.

3 strikeouts, all with men on base with the bat on his shoulder. Unbelievable. Meanwhile, Booby D. is stuck in Worcester, LOL

Wow... been a while since I did a game thread... Here I thought we've had a great June... were 8.5 from 1st- in clear contention for a wild card spot.... watching what I think is Cora's best year managing...... Bello battling and looking ok.. AND WE ARE AHEAD.... yet the chatter on here sounds like we are a basement team.

C'mon all- turn those frowns upside down! I promise if you enjoy the moment you won't explode.
    ----------------------------
    Dear Mr. Henry,
    I appreciate the championships- but I'm watching today's game to see a competitive team. I don't keep going back to restaurants who serve terrible food because two years ago I had a great meal there.