Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6/29 vs Pads

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    I understand the animosity towards Manny and deservedly so, otoh, I don't understand all this love for Bogey, who actually screwed the SOX.
    ???

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Did Monaco say it or did Middlebrooks?
    The announcer is either stupid or trying to be nice since Machado is still playing. When he took out Pedey, it absolutely was intended to take Pedey out.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Almost never fails. When a Sox hitter steps out of the box to think about his at bat, it's because he already knows he is out and is just going through the motions. If I were the hitting coach and/or Cora, I would tell the hitters to step out only when they are ahead in the count, not behind and not with 2 strikes.

Sox still have a losing record at Fenway and a winning record in the road. Do not blame this on the fans in the stands. The real problem is with the lineup which relies way too much on those lefty bats in a ballpark which screams out for good righty bats.
    The real problem is lack of talent up and down the lineup in all three phases of the game.
    You can thank Henry for that.
    “Full throttle” my ass.

Deity
    I understand the animosity towards Manny and deservedly so. Otoh, I don't understand all this love for Bogey, who actually screwed the SOX.
    Bogaerts "gave" his best years to the Sox. Now he's getting his reward: a terrific contract with the Padres with absolutely no requirement that he earn it. Were I in the stands, I too would applaud him.

Deity
    Bogaerts "gave" his best years to the Sox. Now he's getting his reward: a terrific contract with the Padres with absolutely no requirement that he earn it. Were I in the stands, I too would applaud him.
    A standing O was well justified.

That was a home run in 20 Japanese ballparks.
    Last edited by SPLENDIDSPLINTER; 06-29-2024 at 04:16 PM.

Right before the trade deadline Bogey told the FO not to trade him and the idiots complied. So instead of some quality player(s) in return, the SOX got jack shit.
    When a player leaves the SOX, he gets no love from me, especially the BS way Bogey did it. F**k him.

The worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Getting kicked in the dick right now.
    I get MV Pee.

Deity
    Right before the trade deadline Bogey told the FO not to trade him and the idiots complied. So instead of some quality player(s) in return, the SOX got jack shit.
    When a player leaves the SOX, he gets no love from me, especially the BS way Bogey did it. F**k him.
    Wha, wha, wha!

The Padres gave Houck 8 birthday presents and his own team gave him zip.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by FredLynn View Post
    The real problem is lack of talent up and down the lineup in all three phases of the game.
    You can thank Henry for that.
    “Full throttle” my ass.
    There is a long list of expensive talent, especially pitchers, who simply didn't produce for the Sox. The 2019 Sox had the highest payroll in MLB and didn't make the postseason.

Look at this year's Sox. They are paying Sale $17M and Giolito $18M and neither has thrown a pitch for the Sox. Story (annual salary $22.5M) was paid roughly $1M/game for good field no hit and his season ended in April on a routine play. Yoshida is getting $18.6M for a WAR of 0.0 and an OPS of .663. Whitlock $3.5M for 18 innings. Turner $6.7M for playing for the Jays. Jansen has been paid $8M for half a season and 27 IP.
    Last edited by Maxbialystock; 06-29-2024 at 04:25 PM.

Wha, wha, wha!
    Good reply. I'm really impressed.

Deity
    Well if Alex Spiers is right and the league is just now catching up to the Sox pitchers turning into full time junkers....that would be disconcerting.

Tha Padre hitters certainly look like they are looking for the junk.

I don't see any budding Greg Maddox in this bunch.

Deity
    Good reply. I'm really impressed.
    Better your reply on Bogey by far.