Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 6/25 Jays @ SOX 7:10PM ET

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Bello certainly got no support, Valdez could have made a play and Abreu's throw wound up not mattering due to Vlad and Springer.

The problem is he turns this into a another BP game . A really bad move . He simply cannot throw pitches where they need to be. 3 walks and HBP to wrap around the errors.

If there was any pitching depth, a 3 week trip to Worcester to work on his pitching would not be a bad idea.
    Well, the SOX do have great OF depth. Probably the most OF depth in MLB.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Get someone who can pitch up? You're talking about the SOX farm. Their best pitching prospect is going thru TJ surgery.
    Get ANYONE up. Bello needs to go down to try to get his act together so that in a couple of years when this team has a chance to be competitive he can help. Don’t be fooled: this is a last place team.

Don't know if anyone else is noticing that Abreu has not come close to hitting much since returning . 3 for 21 and 1 walk with a fistful of K's.
    Hard not to notice.

If Gio hadn't gone down for the season, the SOX FO would have more flexibility in dealing with Bello. Right now, because of the pitching drought on the farm, Bello, sadly, is still their best option.

What a difference a day makes. There's a thin red line between love and hate.
    I'm sure there's more songs I could use, but I'll stop with these two.

Legend
    If Gio hadn't gone down for the season, the SOX FO would have more flexibility in dealing with Bello. Right now, because of the pitching drought on the farm, Bello, sadly, is still their best option.
    It’s not really about this year. This is another last place team. If we want Bello to contribute in a couple of years when (hopefully) the team is relevant again he needs to get demoted so he can get his act together against inferior hitters.

Unless he's injured, I have no idea why Hamilton isn't playing 2nd.
    this is where Cora thinks it's Little League and everybody has to play. DHam should have started.

Cole is getting shelled..

A team could have very good hitting, excellent speed, a very good defensive OF, and an above average BP. However, none of those 4 things can make up for a bad defensive infield and inconsistent starting pitching. Missing Story(again), Casas and Gio contributes heavily to those two SOX weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by bmattioli View Post
    Cole is getting shelled..
    Thanks for some good news.

It looks like the string of sweeps between Boston and Toronto may be broken with this game. Kind of like Bello

Quote Originally Posted by ****THEYANKEES View Post
    this is where Cora thinks it's Little League and everybody has to play. DHam should have started.
    I noticed Hamilton in the dugout pregame wearing a set of sports glasses which I have not previously seen. Is that new, does he need them for hitting ?

Just like a 467 foot homer counts the same as a 300 foot homer(I'm looking at you Pesky Pole), losing 15-2 is the same as losing 3-2. A loss is a loss is a loss.

It looks like the string of sweeps between Boston and Toronto may be broken with this game. Kind of like Bello
    Perhaps Bello should volunteer for finger extension surgery to his right hand.

OB, knowing how injury prone Tyler is, continually wants him to compete in the HR Derby. Use your head, OB.