Register now to remove this ad

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 6/25 Jays @ SOX 7:10PM ET

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Do you come with English subtitles. WTF are you saying?
    Dear dumbass, this was posted when the Sox went up 2-0 after multiple Jay's mistakes. Had it not been for the total incompetence of Bello and Valdez it might have stood up for a win.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Bailey, one of the best pitching coaches around, apparently hasn't had much success with Bello. It happens; a team thinks they've got a stud and, instead, they've got a dud.
    The poor kid , now rich , from DR , cannot speak the language he is being coached in.

Deity
    Apropos of absolutely nothing, Casas is now over 2 months since the injury caused by--wait for it--swinging a bat at a pitched ball.

Monday he had an MRI to see how his injury has progressed. Today is Wednesday with still no reported outcome from the MRI.

My interpretation of this silence is that no news is not good news. Relatedly, the injury was caused by the one thing Casas must continue to do if he is to stay in MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Apropos of absolutely nothing, Casas is now over 2 months since the injury caused by--wait for it--swinging a bat at a pitched ball.

Monday he had an MRI to see how his injury has progressed. Today is Wednesday with still no reported outcome from the MRI.

My interpretation of this silence is that no news is not good news. Relatedly, the injury was caused by the one thing Casas must continue to do if he is to stay in MLB.
    I’m not sure the cause of the injury means it might happen on a future swing.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Oh, I'm not sure it will either. But what troubles me is the real possibility that it could. I believe this is a rare kind of injury, which means the Sox medical team (writ large, including outside consultants) doesn't really know. Hence the silence since Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    I'm not sure he can ever bat lefty again -- at least, swing with youthful impunity for the fences... unless, preventative measures against recurrence force Casas to became an inside-out Green Monster hunter, and he becomes a modern-day Boggsian master of oppo doubles and big-guy pop-fly dingers.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    I'm not sure he can ever bat lefty again -- at least, swing with youthful impunity for the fences... unless, preventative measures against recurrence force Casas to became an inside-out Green Monster hunter, and he becomes a modern-day Boggsian master of oppo doubles and big-guy pop-fly dingers.
    That sounds like sarcasm directed at me, and I'm fine with it.

The wat Devers swings, you’d think he’d have done this.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    That sounds like sarcasm directed at me, and I'm fine with it.
    I swear it wasn't.

To me, this type of injury could be critical to a guy who makes a living swinging the bat -- especially a large human trying to consistently hit the ball hard and far to entice his employer to offer untold riches that would set him up for the rest of his life (plus, familial generations to come).

How can Casas prevent it from recurring? Is there a medical procedure that can fuse the core together (similar to wrist or ankle re-enforcement) or an internal brace (like the new TJ for elbows) -- maybe a hernia mesh patch the size of a flak jacket? Unlikely...

For Casas to come back as good as new would be like a pitcher breaking a rib throwing a pitch, and then recovering to become a 20-game winner... for the Braves... while the Red Sox pay most of his salary.

I swear it wasn't.

To me, this type of injury could be critical to a guy who makes a living swinging the bat -- especially a large human trying to consistently hit the ball hard and far to entice his employer to offer untold riches that would set him up for the rest of his life (plus, familial generations to come).

How can Casas prevent it from recurring? Is there a medical procedure that can fuse the core together (similar to wrist or ankle re-enforcement) or an internal brace (like the new TJ for elbows) -- maybe a hernia mesh patch the size of a flak jacket? Unlikely...

For Casas to come back as good as new would be like a pitcher breaking a rib throwing a pitch, and then recovering to become a 20-game winner... for the Braves... while the Red Sox pay most of his salary.
    might as well go ahead and trade him to the Dodgers for some low level suspect now and get it over with.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by ****THEYANKEES View Post
    might as well go ahead and trade him to the Dodgers for some low level suspect now and get it over with.
    Just teach him to pitch…

Deity
    I swear it wasn't.

OK, fine. I'm not at all sure Casas is through. I'm also not sure about his recovery, which basically consists of letting his body restore itself without, as far as I know, any medical procedure.

Deity
    I swear it wasn't.

My MLB app now says the Casas MRI was "clean" and that today he swung in the batting cage with roughly 75% effort. I think that means Casas and the Sox medical staff are feeling pretty good but aren't sure how this will turn out.