Register now to remove this ad

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: 6/24 Jays @ SOX 7:10 PM ET

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    To me the best thing about the AS game is the break itself. I usually don't even watch it. However, if Duran and Houck are involved, I will watch it until they're no longer in the game.
    Houck deserves to be there, but Houck could use the break.

Jansen's stats: 15 saves with only one blown save. 2.30 ERA. 1.04 WHIP.
    Jansen is also 3-1 with his win tonight.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    You, and others are always under the condition this team should be sellers for the last three years. Before, during, and after each season. You don’t know nothing else. Remember this season was a Sham,Sham, Sham.
    Step one: remove stick from butt

Step two: enjoy a win for once

Deity
    Attendance tonight 35,856. On a Monday night against a team that is sliding backwards.

Sure looks to me like I was dead wrong about Sox fans. They don't need names, they just want a team that's found out how to win--good hitting, good pitching (with occasional slip-ups), not so good defense, and some pretty good baserunning.

Now it's time for Sox fans to do some ASG voting. Duran for sure. Wong. Maybe Devers. Houck to start the ASG. Duran's big roadblock are the Yankee's Judge and Soto with OPS's of 1.108 and .994.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    Houck deserves to be there, but Houck could use the break.
    I'm sure every contending team's manager feels as you do. They want their ACE resting and not in some meaningless game.

Deity
    Two words are worth a 1000 pictures.
    You do have a way with words.

I'm sure every contending team's manager feels as you do. They want their ACE resting and not in some meaningless game.

Of course this meaningless game brings in big bucks, so enough said.

To me the best thing about the AS game is the break itself. I usually don't even watch it. However, if Duran and Houck are involved, I will watch it until they're no longer in the game.
    I don't care to even watch the game, but I like seeing the Sox players get rewarded for great play and like seeing them get the accomplishment of "all star" on their resumes. Especially for guys like Duran, Houck and Wong, who have never made it before.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    You do have a way with words.
    Duran is one cool dude.

Deity
    That is just horsehockey. I know some players might think that way, but in fact pitchers rarely go more than 1 IP in the ASG and the players not more than 3 innings.

Plus the ASG, unlike the one for the NBA, which is a joke, and the NFL, where no good players go, the MLB ASG is real baseball. The hitters are trying to hit and the pitchers are trying to get them out and the fielders are fielding up a storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonbay44 View Post
    I don't care to even watch the game, but I like seeing the Sox players get rewarded for great play and like seeing them get the accomplishment of "all star" on their resumes. Especially for guys like Duran, Houck and Wong, who have never made it before.

No doubt, the AS game is a showcase for players like Houck, Duran and Wong, who are probably unknown to most non-SOX fans.

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh2 View Post
    Step one: remove stick from butt

Step two: enjoy a win for once
    I don’t think talking about being sellers on a daily basis is enjoying anything. Selling is for losers, and the shoe must fit more than one on here.🙈🤭🤮

Deity
    McGuire may be Houck's personal catcher. I know they usually work well together.
    Fine with me, but I'll bet that catcher interference, which is what started the Jays 5 run rally, really torqued Cora. He pulled McGuire the next inning.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    That is just horsehockey. I know some players might think that way, but in fact pitchers rarely go more than 1 IP in the ASG and the players not more than 3 innings.

Plus the ASG, unlike the one for the NBA, which is a joke, and the NFL, where no good players go, the MLB ASG is real baseball. The hitters are trying to hit and the pitchers are trying to get them out and the fielders are fielding up a storm.
    I was referring to the managers, not the players themselves. And now that it doesn't determine which team gets home field advantage in the WS ( a really stupid thing) it is a meaningless game.

Deity
    Yoshida 2 clean singles.