Refsnyder(DH)
    O'Neill
    Devers
    Wong
    Gonzalez(2B)
    Smith
    Rafaela
    Hamilton

BP game for SOX. Lodolo has been very good this season with a 2.76 ERA.
    Good to see Refsnyder at DH.

Go SOX!

Let's see if we can pull out a series win on a BP game. The BP got somewhat used yesterday due to Pivetta's short start . I think the issue of either extending Nick as part of the rotation, being trade bait at the deadline or left out in the cold to wander this winter is being decided by Nick himself.

This would be a good game for the bats to break out early and get a laugher win.

I made it! My alarm didn’t go off but thankfully I didn’t sleep very late
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

At this point in the season I have no anticipation of Devers coming thru with RISP. Hopefully, he can change my mind set, ASAP.

Nice job by Kelly.

Angels in the outfield? Nope, now there's a bunch of Angels calling balls and strikes behind the plate.

So far, Wong can do no Wrong!

Triple A
    Likewise Duran

Wong and Duran are the two most improved Red Sox, along with Tanner Houck . Almost unrecognizable from 2023 to 2024 mid-season. The core of this team seems set with another bulge of potential MLB types still in AA/AAA. Supplement with some more experienced, post TJS pitchers and this could get formidable in 2025.

Bernandino seems to have some issues when brought back out for a second inning, even after closing the previous inning with just one batter.

Watching the Reds reminds me of where Boston was in '22/'23. Physical and mental errors, failure to execute with MoB, weak support for good pitching.

It does highlight the marked improvement in the '24 Sox, even with significant injury problems causing a lot of usage of AAAA players

Switching back and forth with the CWS seeing the ump cam. Obviously affected by the lens shape but the plate looks tiny . The real issue with correctly calling balls/strikes is the vertical axis because you have to first see if the ball crosses any part of the plate but simultaneously judge if it is vertically in the hitters unique strike zone.

The rationale for Robo-ump isn't the mistakes made by the ChUmps but the real difficulty in seeing a 90mph+ small ball in a 3 dimensional format in a literal split second.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Wong and Duran are the two most improved Red Sox, along with Tanner Houck . Almost unrecognizable from 2023 to 2024 mid-season. The core of this team seems set with another bulge of potential MLB types still in AA/AAA. Supplement with some more experienced, post TJS pitchers and this could get formidable in 2025.
    Don't forget Hamilton.

Devers is in a slump. Needs a day or two off while Duran is carrying the team. Look at Raffy's last 15 games stats .

Refsnyder turns a close game into a small laugher with a nice shot into the seats, scoring Duran, who in turn score Rafaela. Now the BP guys just need to finish it.