Register now to remove this ad

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 6/21 Red Sox at Cincinnati Reds Summer's Here, Where's the Beer ?

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Cora tried to squeeze a little too much juice out of Kutter's citrus tonight. Should not have been out for 7th .

Booser tries to make one of those glove flips and lets in 2 runs.
    I thought so too, but he only threw 83 pitches. Crawford threw 77 pitches in the first 6 innings. If 77 is implemented as the new pitch limit for starters, the bullpen is going to have problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    2 errors and what should be 2 unearned runs in the 7th.
    With the K, both (and all future runs this inning) are unearned to the team.

Devers compounds the inning.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Question:

What AL team has the best defensive outfield?
    What AL team has the worst defensive infield?

Hint: It's the same team.

Wong continues to impress with the bat.

!4 K's in a losing effort with a less than great defense tonight. Ends the streak at 5 . Still can win the series with a strong weekend .

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    !4 K's in a losing effort with a less than great defense tonight. Ends the streak at 5 . Still can win the series with a strong weekend .
    Good job, Vegas, but nothing lasts forever, especially a SOX winning streak.

Breaking news:

When Abreu returns to the SOX, Masa's translator will be relegated the job of assisting Abreu in and out of the SOX dugout.

That 7th inning looked like the April Red Sox.

Let's hope we don't go down that road, again.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Deity

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Every good player slumps. I'm not sure why every Devers slump or mini-slump needs to be brought up. It's a natural thing for even the best hitters.

As for being the "ugly face," I don't think I'm alone thinking that is a response I "really don't get."

With a .901 OPS, I'd wish we'd have 9 ugly faces.
    Poor, poor Raffy. One day he’s Devers Forever, and another day he’s Never Devers. The life of a $300M man playing for the Red Sox. Last night he played a Stinker Roo with 3 K’s, and a throwing error. Ugly Face? You never know what will pop up on a game thread.🙈🤭🤫

Deity
    Great Day in Boston yesterday with the Duck Boats rolling through the streets celebrating the WORLD CHAMPION BOSTON CELTICS. Great, Great Fun for all. FUN for the 1-2 million people who showed up, and FUN for the whole Celtics organization. A FUN, FUN day, and a great time for everyone. I guess the Red Sox game wasn’t as fun last night as some of the Little League players played D last night.

Deity
    Ref on the bench vs a RHPs is one thing, but to me, vs a LHP, this is criminal. At least put Rafaela at SS and Ref in the OF, if you insist on playing Yoshida.

Okay, I'm done ranting on Yoshi over Ref v LHPs.
    Oh no Cora is a criminal! I agree Ref Man should have been in the lineup last night, and most likely for NOshida. I don’t think that will pass as a criminal offense though.

Ref on the bench vs a RHPs is one thing, but to me, vs a LHP, this is criminal. At least put Rafaela at SS and Ref in the OF, if you insist on playing Yoshida.

Okay, I'm done ranting on Yoshi over Ref v LHPs.
    Read elsewhere that Refsnyder has been dealing with a sore right knee and that's why he was out last night.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Read elsewhere that Refsnyder has been dealing with a sore right knee and that's why he was out last night.
    Also read Cora has said Yoshi is the FT DH, so that makes it Ref vs others, now- once he is healthy.

Also read Cora has said Yoshi is the FT DH, so that makes it Ref vs others, now- once he is healthy.
    And if Yoshida continues to flail they'll have to make a move. Can he be sent to Worcester?
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    And if Yoshida continues to flail they'll have to make a move. Can he be sent to Worcester?
    soxprospects says he has 3 options.

I can see the reasoning on not having someone like him on the bench. He'd be a back-up DH, PH'er and emergency LF'er. That is not useful depth.

The way our bench has been doing, unless there is an injury, I'm not for weakening it by sending DHam, Romy or Valdez down to accommodate a slot for Yoshi.

(I'm assuming Dalbec gets demoted when Abreu is called up.)