Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/21 Red Sox at Cincinnati Reds Summer's Here, Where's the Beer ?

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    I guess that explains why Ref isn't playing tonight.
    Ref on the bench vs a RHPs is one thing, but to me, vs a LHP, this is criminal. At least put Rafaela at SS and Ref in the OF, if you insist on playing Yoshida.

Okay, I'm done ranting on Yoshi over Ref v LHPs.
    When you say it's gonna happen now
    When exactly do you mean?

Devers K's again w/RISP

Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    Ref on the bench vs a RHPs is one thing, but to me, vs a LHP, this is criminal. At least put Rafaela at SS and Ref in the OF, if you insist on playing Yoshida.
    I wonder if having Masa DH aren't orders from the FO.

Deity
    Struggling to put up runs tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by illinoisredsox View Post
    Saw an interesting video yesterday on how the box on tv is inaccurate. Side to side was fine, since it’s two fixed points. Up and down is terrible, especially on the upper part, because the zone is batter dependent but they never adjust it on television.
    If they go roboump, the will need the computer reading the pitch to have a customized "box" for each hitter, his stance . You are correct that the side to sides are fixed lines. So is it a strike as long as any part of the ball nicks the lines ?
    Last edited by vegasbob; 06-21-2024 at 07:41 PM.

Btw, the last time the SOX led the AL in stolen bases was 1935. I seem to get more info about the SOX from watching the SOX on the opposing team's feed.

Most of the best hitters in MLB don't bat .900 every week.
    Really don't get that response. The comment was pointed at the fact that Devers is currently slumping and tonight extends that fact.

You are welcome to be a Raffy fan and that's fine. But to me he is an ugly face of the franchise.

Ref isn't playing because of a sore knee.

Per Cora.
    I write fictional stories in my spare time. So don't fact check me. Better?

Okay, I'm done ranting on Yoshi over Ref v LHPs.
    Definitely agree with you on this one. I can only guess that the FO is trying to get Yoshi back in gear in the very remote chance they can shop him out of Boston. It really shouldn't be contract related, either he contributes or doesn't, but no sense in locking him in place at the expense of better hitters

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    If they go roboump, the will need the computer reading the pitch to have a customized "box" for each hitter, his stance . You are correct that the side to sides are fixed lines. So is it a strike as long as any part of the ball nicks the lines ?
    I'd heard that in the Triple A, where robo chUMPS are being used, starting on June 25th challenges on balls and strikes will be implemented.
    There will be a certain number of challenges a manager can make.

Deity
    Can’t ask for more from the pitching. Offense has to show up

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    Boy do you have that wrong. The rectangle is perfect in every way because everyone says so. And the homeplate umpires are all blind and stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Ref isn't playing because of a sore knee.

Per Cora.
    The SOX were due for another injury. And here I always thought hockey was a more dangerous game than baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Btw, the last time the SOX led the AL in stolen bases was 1935. I seem to get more info about the SOX from watching the SOX on the opposing team's feed.
    OB and Youk had the same stat tonight.
    The Yankees could go 0-162 and it wouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Boy do you have that wrong. The rectangle is perfect in every way because everyone says so. And the homeplate umpires are all blind and stupid.

Not all, just most.