Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/15 Yankems @ SOX. It's a dirty job, but I'll do it.

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Judge is like the Secretariat of baseball.
    So… you think the Yankees will put him up for stud?

Quote Originally Posted by Tedballgame View Post
    I hope Stanton strikes out. But if he doesn't....he is on my fantasy team
    One thing's for sure, if I had a fantasy, Stanton definitely wouldn't be in it.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    It’s his off season job

Deity
    I wonder if Dalbec would be better from the left side of the plate. Could he possibly be worse?
    He needs to switch to pitcher…

Red Sox so far are spoiling the Yankee Show on Fox tonight. But they'll still show viewers thousands of more graphics that illustrate just how great NY is again through the first two and a half months of another baseball season this decade.

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post

Nah, they'll just freeze his head. Similar to Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    Red Sox so far are spoiling the Yankee Show on Fox tonight. But they'll still show viewers thousands of more graphics that illustrate just how great NY is again through the first two and a half months of another baseball season this decade.
    As long as the A-holes don't win a WS this year, I don't care how great their regular season is.

Bobby raises his OBP.

Nice bunt by Rafaela.

As long as the A-holes don't win a WS this year, I don't care how great their regular season is.
    When I was young in the 1970s, the Red Sox often generated loads of excitement with good to great early records, only to crash at the end. The trend got so bad that Yankee fans grew to count on it.

This week I was at an establishment in NY where someone noticed my Sox cap and said they're hanging in there, even with all the injuries. I noted that Arizona made the World Series last year with 84 wins, so who knows. An old guy in a Yankees cap behind me laughed and mocked, "Ya, keep dreaming."

I replied, "Ya, and the Yankees are always good the first two months of the year." He shut right up.

One thing the SOX have offensively improved on this season is reducing hitting into DP's. The method they've used to accomplish this isn't very pretty.

Why didn't Cora bring in a lefty against Soto? Slaten hasn't went more than 2 innings all season!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 5GoldGloves:OF,75 View Post
    When I was young in the 1970s, the Red Sox often generated loads of excitement with good to great early records, only to crash at the end. The trend got so bad that Yankee fans grew to count on it.

This week I was at an establishment in NY where someone noticed my Sox cap and said they're hanging in there, even with all the injuries. I noted that Arizona made the World Series last year with 84 wins, so who knows. An old guy in a Yankees cap behind me laughed and mocked, "Ya, keep dreaming."

I replied, "Ya, and the Yankees are always good the first two months of the year." He shut right up.
    Speaking of WS, the SOX have won 4 of those over the last 20 years, which is great. But what isn't mentioned enough is their record in those 4 WS; 16-3. That is amazing.

Masa 'marinated' that one.

He's safe.