Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 6/14 Yankems @ SOX 6:30PM ET

Quote Originally Posted by bkzwhitestrican View Post
    Even though he's been pretty good I'd be surprised if the Yankees resign him. Unless Soto signs elsewhere.
    His problem is not lack of talent, but rather the inability to grow into a mature professional. A turd in the clubhouse and any manager's office.

Quote Originally Posted by vegasbob View Post
    You mean the same #26 in red on the RF parapet ?

What player has his # on more than one team's honor wall?
    I'll guess Barry 'Steroids' Bonds.

Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    I'll guess Barry 'Steroids' Bonds.
    Try Jackie Robinson #42 , kind of an honorary in many , if not all parks

Deity
    Quote Originally Posted by SPLENDIDSPLINTER View Post
    Nice going Bello. Grooving a pitch to Dugo. Dumb ass.
    My reaction too until I saw Gil serve up similar pitches to get Sox hitters out. I do not think the Sox are good at hitting fastballs over 95 mph. And that's what Bello was throwing at the Yankees, who sent them back faster than they came in. Both Gil and Bello were throwing heat at about 97 mph.

Note: fastball in the the geometric center of the strike zone--swing and a miss by Devers for the K.

Kind of a sad coincidence that Bogaerts injured his shoulder , while playing 2B, in a similar manner to Story, diving for a ground ball. Injury not as serious as Trevor's but still debilitating

Deity
    Long interview with Casas. When I see these long interviews, which continue whatever the action is on the field, I assume the announcers basically have nothing to say.

Gil Man is only one year older than Bello.

Kind of a sad coincidence that Bogaerts injured his shoulder , while playing 2B, in a similar manner to Story, diving for a ground ball. Injury not as serious as Trevor's but still debilitating
    Bogey is dead to me. He told the SOX FO not to trade him at the deadline and then left as a FA after the season. Screw him.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    Long interview with Casas. When I see these long interviews, which continue whatever the action is on the field, I assume the announcers basically have nothing to say.
    The extremely short RS AB's tonight make it seem like a long interview. It was worthwhile though to know there is an intelligent person inside that big bopper. Really was hoping he would be back June 21, but I bet it's more like after A-S break.

6 K's in a row for Judge. Probably needs more sugar cubes.

Deity
    Bello seems to be settling down. Those were excellent pitches to K Judge for the 2d time.

Deity
    The extremely short RS AB's tonight make it seem like a long interview. It was worthwhile though to know there is an intelligent person inside that big bopper. Really was hoping he would be back June 21, but I bet it's more like after A-S break.
    What I've read says 2 July. What did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxbialystock View Post
    What I've read says 2 July. What did he say?
    Still has soreness when swinging the bat in a T-ball situation. I think the Sox should give him plenty of time. I know the WC is still a possibility, though marginal, but with Tristan's swing , he could easily re-aggravate it quickly.

Deity
    Sure hope the Sox can bring these two home before Devers comes to bat.

I have 2 theories about him which anyone can feel free to shoot down. The first is that opposing pitchers focus better and throw better stuff when men are on base and Devers is at the plate. The other is that he loves, absolutely loves to swing at breaking balls because he knows he's pretty good at it. At the same time, he does not like to swing at heat, especially good heat--but almost any heat will do. So the way to pitch to him is throw heat for strikes and curves outside (especially below) the zone.

Deity
    O'Neill K's to end the 3d with 2 on and Devers in the on deck circle, grateful.